PDA

View Full Version : DLNA streaming to samsung smart tv series 7 using mindlna on vu duo2 w/Hades 18*Help*

ade1970
14-07-15, 14:55
Hi, and apologies in advance if this has recently been answered, but after checking old posts, nothing is either definitive or helpful in getting recordings to work.
before anyone asks, yes, same problem occurs whether sd or hd, whether same tv show or not. For example, i recorded a whole series of a show over 3 months, yet only 2 of the 12 will play back. The samsung is 6 months old, and up-to-date firmware, ive reset mindlna and checked all ok. i double checked via a sony smart tv, same problem, some recordings play back, some dont. even when some say format unknown (mpeg:unknown) sometimes these work and sometimes these dont! its very frustrating to say the least.
i already returned a panasonic tv as it literally played nothing back and had hoped samsung or even sony wouldn't have any issues...?

So...the big question..is there a workaround, something to edit in mindlna? an upgraded dlna client app for the tv? is vu+player going to be available as a samsung app? (has anyone heard) is there a 'force' custom rom or similar available for smart tv's to enable the tv to handle subs, info etc which seems to be the .ts(transport stream) problem?
Having owned a humax t2 fox before and everything, and i mean everything played/streamed via dlna from the vuduo2 from the humax mediaplyer, i know its possible right? ....
Thanks in advance for any help :-)

ArowonA
14-07-15, 15:47
I don't have a Samsung TV but looking on the internet you could try changing these two options in /etc/minidlna.conf

port=9500
model_number=AllShare1.0
I don't know about an app but DaMacFunkin mentions one here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?46728-how-well-does-remote-channel-stream-converter-work&p=363607&viewfull=1#post363607

pembo
14-07-15, 16:26
http://www.pembo.co.uk/e2stream

Currently only works on E,F and H series TVs, not the newer J series as these have a different OS (I working on this)

ArowonA
14-07-15, 16:41
lol, I wasn't sure if it was your app or if the name was just a coincidence :)

ade1970
14-07-15, 17:17
mines a samsung 32H6410 so should be okay? and how do i load/download/upload the app to the television? ..i'll check out your link thank you Pembo :))))))

pembo
14-07-15, 21:22
Check out the link - it's reasonably straight forward to setup.
Can't promise it'll be perfect as it still has some boundaries/limitations imposed through the Samsung player api, but I get pretty good results :)

There's a huge thread here, just search e2stream for the ongoing discussion :)

ade1970
15-07-15, 03:38
thanks to ArowonA and Pembo, great work, got it working in the end, some channels work, others not so much, but as a works in progress you sir are a star! many many thanks :)

ade1970
17-07-15, 18:34
Hey Pembo......Damn it! Okay, it was working and then i changed my settings channels list, now it will not read any bouquets, even after editing bouquet list in webif.....on tv it comes back with ...... error message NETWORK_ERR:XMLHttpRequestException 101 (not seen it mentioned on your site)
retried installing e2stream again, same results..and a bit worried about corrupted settings now? or have you uncovered this before? i also cant get any recordings to play, just hangs saying buffering? either before i changed channel lists or after..is there a way to delete e2stream from tv apps list? would this help doing from scratch again? ...many thanks for any help in advance :confused:

pembo
17-07-15, 18:51
Hey Pembo......Damn it! Okay, it was working and then i changed my settings channels list, now it will not read any bouquets, even after editing bouquet list in webif.....on tv it comes back with ...... error message NETWORK_ERR:XMLHttpRequestException 101 (not seen it mentioned on your site)
retried installing e2stream again, same results..and a bit worried about corrupted settings now? or have you uncovered this before? i also cant get any recordings to play, just hangs saying buffering? either before i changed channel lists or after..is there a way to delete e2stream from tv apps list? would this help doing from scratch again? ...many thanks for any help in advance :confused:

Have you turned on authentication for openwebif?

ade1970
17-07-15, 19:48
No i haven't, its currently set as 'no' ..should i change and try again? thx for quick reply :)

pembo
17-07-15, 20:28
No i haven't, its currently set as 'no' ..should i change and try again? thx for quick reply :)

If its no its fine, you need to make sure that:

Settings/Customize
Descramble http streams = Yes
Require authentication for http streams = No

Openwebif plugin
Openwebif Interface Enabled = yes
openwebif HTTP Port = 80
Enable HTTP Authentication = No
Enable HTTPS = No

ade1970
17-07-15, 23:41
as i previously thought, the settings were the problem, so reverted to the vhannibal ones i was running originaly when worked and bingo! ..think it may have something to do with the ###lastbouquet setting as when you change /if you ever change to say pred it just doesnt want to know ..thx so much, i'm enjoying playing with it again! :)

pembo
18-07-15, 05:26
I'm intrigued - what does
###lastbouquet and change to pred mean?

If you want to change the settings again, let me know and we can do some debug to work out whats causing the problem.

ade1970
18-07-15, 13:23
no problemo, will do, still cant get recordings to play as yet. i mean changing as i did from vhannibal to pred settings or similar..and when you exit e2stream, on logging back in, it looks for a bouquet that has been changed in the different settings file...many thanks for this again :)

Huevos
18-07-15, 13:49
I'm intrigued - what does
###lastbouquetIt means they are "decorated" settings.