PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo + Vu Turbo Tuner not working

justin4real
14-07-15, 00:40
hello all,

i have been using vix. i reinstalled vix after recieving my vu+ turbo tuner installed drivers from feed and turbo tuner does not get detected on any of the usb slots.

i have tried vix hades 15, 16, and online update to 17 and im at an end.

if you could look into this it would be much appreciated.

regards

abu baniaz
14-07-15, 01:40
This is being looked at.

I don't believe our testers have the tuner, so may take a few attempts.

justin4real
14-07-15, 12:36
You should have asked vu to supply you one. As I think they would for free.

duoduo
14-07-15, 15:09
Doubt it!!

Sicilian
14-07-15, 16:26

We did, was promised some, but still waiting.....requested months ago....

104bill
14-07-15, 19:57
got mine today, plugged it in, loaded driver from feeds, recognised after a few minutes. scanning found no services, needed to change configuration settings, default was cable, selected region, added Freeview to service provider's, Works great, Need to figure out if it is possible to combine EPG so when we watch bbc 1, it would record from Freeview first so to leave sat channels free for other recordings (wife likes to record house program's on series link) so when I want to record something on SAT I get tuner conflict. Other than that Chuffed.

just wondering if I connect a USB hub whether we could connect more of these tuners.

justin4real
14-07-15, 20:49
Bill it's not working on the original duo as I've tried it on all images since 10 and Defoe not working.

104bill
14-07-15, 21:10
Sorry mine is a Solo2

justin4real
15-07-15, 10:32
I'd have the duo 2 if they would get there pricing right. But dio2 well over priced at the min.

justin4real
15-07-15, 13:51
nope its not going to work also no drivers in ipk for me to install what a shame for vix team. only time will tell.

justin4real
16-07-15, 12:06
any news on this as it only work on bh image?

104bill
18-07-15, 00:07
I found the Driver , plugins download, drivers, vu+ usb turbo.

justin4real
19-07-15, 09:17
I've installed them and only s2 tuners show. There not starting an finding hardware.

Larry-G
19-07-15, 09:30

LMFAO. Vu+ have no interest in providing ViX with free any thing, unless it increases their bottom line.

As far as im concerned Vu+ and all manufacturers for that matter should be doing every thing in their power to make sure the various teams have every thing they need to provide the best support possible for their products. Receivers and the associated peripherals are not cheap especially when you need multiple items. The big manufacturers would be more than able to absorb the costs of a few pieces of kit where as the small private teams would not be able so easily.

Larry-G
19-07-15, 09:36
any news on this as it only work on bh image?

As has been said numerous times, BH and VTI are based directly on the Vu+ OI source image and as such contain every thing already needed for such peripherals to work with almost no added work needed, this is not the case with all other images who need access to examples of the tech and time to code the various fixes into their images.

If you desperately need it to work bug Vu+ and ask them why it's not working in what ever image you need it to work in, it would be in their interest to approach the various teams to help fix it rather than teams wasting time chasing Vu+ who most of the time dont have the common decency to reply to a email or acknowledge bug reports.

justin4real
19-07-15, 17:54
Ok LarryG I get the point. Don't bother you here as I now think it'd time to try bit with the bits added I use from now on. As some people think it's ok to have a go at others.

Always used vix because the help provided. People in the vix group need to look at who they have on there team.

Larry-G
19-07-15, 19:46
Ok LarryG I get the point. Don't bother you here as I now think it'd time to try bit with the bits added I use from now on. As some people think it's ok to have a go at others.

Always used vix because the help provided. People in the vix group need to look at who they have on there team.

What are you on about you mongrel ?.

I only said that the BH team base their image directly on Vu+'s image and therefore things like this just work, for every one else it requires a lot of added work and access to the necessary hardware. if you found that offensive i strongly suggest you pay a visit to your local A&E department to get that stick removed from your arse.

duoduo
19-07-15, 20:21
As you would put it Larry, LMFAO...

Sicilian
23-07-15, 16:39
I've just done a fresh flash of Hades 018, installed the drivers from plugin feeds, rebooted, manual scanned, all fine :)

What exactly isn't working on? Which VU+ box? Also ensure a fresh flash and setup of build 018 is done.

Sicilian
23-07-15, 16:43
Just realised this on Duo, any other machines not working?

justin4real
24-07-15, 09:07
Just realised this on Duo, any other machines not working?

So on vix 18 fresh install it now works? Not tried it on fresh install with drivers.

EsSa55
24-07-15, 11:22
I just bought one of these for my Duo but did not think to check it would actually work with VIX as I had already seen the VU+ USB Turbo driver in the list.

The device is currently not recognised so will try a fresh flash...........

Huevos
24-07-15, 11:28
So far Turbo tuner (with Hades 018) has been confirmed as working on:

Duo2
Solo2

EsSa55
24-07-15, 11:51
So far Turbo tuner (with Hades 018) has been confirmed as working on:

Duo2
Solo2

Although it is sold as "Suitable for all VU+ Models"; admittedly without mentioning any specific image.

I re-flashed with Hades 018, installed the driver from Plugins->Drivers, but still not recognised in any of the 3 sockets............

EsSa55
24-07-15, 15:25
I re-flashed with Hades 018, installed the driver from Plugins->Drivers, but still not recognised in any of the 3 sockets............

Ok, it has now been recognised by installing some additional drivers from the list. :cool:

I had a rush of blood to the head, adding more than one at a time and without testing in between. :mad:

Once I work out which one it was (by removing them one at a time), I will report back.

It has successfully scanned in 93 channels (as using a splitter)............

EsSa55
24-07-15, 16:59
Once I work out which one it was (by removing them one at a time), I will report back.....

Ok, removing them one by one until only 'dvb-usb-turbo' remained worked fine.

That is even though when initially installing just 'dvb-usb-turbo' it did not.

To be sure, I then uninstalled 'dvb-usb-turbo' and, as expected, there was no recognition of the tuner.

I re-installed 'dvb-usb-turbo' and, this time, the tuner was recognised.

Proper configuration found 160 channels, including HD.

Autobouquets then created the required bouquets.

???

I should have said that, at the beginning of this phase, I did a re-flash but using Hades 014.

The logic behind that was because there was a 'tweak' to 'dvb-usb-turbo' in 015.

Finally, I backed up the installed configured image and updated to 018.

All still working.....

Hope that helps someone else.

justin4real
25-07-15, 23:41
thanks for this ill try and get it working in a couple of days using your method if it gets it working it would be nice to be back on vix as i personally dont like bh image. as ive said i only have it installed for some plugins i use.

hardy27
26-07-15, 18:28
Ok, removing them one by one until only 'dvb-usb-turbo' remained worked fine.

That is even though when initially installing just 'dvb-usb-turbo' it did not.

To be sure, I then uninstalled 'dvb-usb-turbo' and, as expected, there was no recognition of the tuner.

I re-installed 'dvb-usb-turbo' and, this time, the tuner was recognised.

Proper configuration found 160 channels, including HD.

Autobouquets then created the required bouquets.

???

I should have said that, at the beginning of this phase, I did a re-flash but using Hades 014.

The logic behind that was because there was a 'tweak' to 'dvb-usb-turbo' in 015.

Finally, I backed up the installed configured image and updated to 018.

All still working.....

Hope that helps someone else.

Hi do you meaning remove all drivers one by one from plugin/download(press green)/drivers
Or remove any existing drivers already installed by press red to remove in plugins?

EsSa55
26-07-15, 19:28
Hi do you meaning remove all drivers one by one from plugin/download(press green)/drivers
Or remove any existing drivers already installed by press red to remove in plugins?

Hello

I mean initially installing them via Plugins->Download plugins (green button) then uninstalling them via Plugins->Remove plugins (red button).

From memory, when I installed them (from Hades 014), I installed as102, em28xx, pctv452e, rtl2832, siano, turbo.

In theory, 'dvb-usb-turbo' was the only one actually required but the device was not recognised.

Having installed all the above, the device was the recognised (Main Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> Tuner configuration).

I then removed the installed drivers, one by one, re-booting after each removal.

After each driver removal and restart, the device was still recognised.

DO NOT remove the dvb-usb-turbo driver!

I then updated to Hades 018 and all was still ok.

Hope that helps........

hardy27
26-07-15, 19:36
Hello

I mean initially installing them via Plugins->Download plugins (green button) then uninstalling them via Plugins->Remove plugins (red button).

From memory, when I installed them (from Hades 014), I installed as102, em28xx, pctv452e, rtl2832, siano, turbo.

In theory, 'dvb-usb-turbo' was the only one actually required but the device was not recognised.

Having installed all the above, the device was the recognised (Main Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> Tuner configuration).

I then removed the installed drivers, one by one, re-booting after each removal.

After each driver removal and restart, the device was still recognised.

DO NOT remove the dvb-usb-turbo driver!

I then updated to Hades 018 and all was still ok.

Hope that helps........

Hi mate

I will give this a crack right now!
Will update this forum of my results

Thanks again

Hardy27

hardy27
26-07-15, 19:58
Hi

I've mirrored these instructions but no joy

justin4real
13-08-15, 03:21
same here. hardy looking on new box and selling old one. and new tuner as ive lost interest with it.

hardy27
19-08-15, 21:39
same here. hardy looking on new box and selling old one. and new tuner as ive lost interest with it.

Justin4real don't give in the Vix team will crack this they are a clever bunch mate.

justin4real
26-08-15, 02:10
New box on way from Germany. Gone for a gigablue quad with dual sly and dual Vermin tuners.

robbiecookie101
11-09-15, 15:27
Just to confirm that the Vu+ Turbo tuner isn't working with the latest version of Hades with my Vu Duo but is working on Blackhole.

like Justin4Real - i'd really appreciate it if you geniuses here at WOS manage to get it working. Please get me off blackhole I want VIX back! :)

abu baniaz
11-09-15, 16:37
Can you try latest image too?