PDA

View Full Version : Picons help please

skeggylad2
13-07-15, 12:05
Hi since the last 2 channel listing updates my movie picons are missing
ive deleted them and then tried others and still they are missing is there any way to get them back please?

cheers

Andy_Hazza
13-07-15, 12:42
You are best using SNP Picons. With the traditional Referenced ones you need to physically update them, whereas SNP are based on channel name and are so so much easier to maintain. I use the MK Picons (400x200) which can be found on the openvix download area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skeggylad2
13-07-15, 12:47
ok cool do i just uninstall the picons plugin on vix then down the MK picons manualy and upload via ftp?

Andy_Hazza
13-07-15, 12:56
Yeah remove the existing ones then if using a usb, format to fat32, then transfer picons to the root of the usb in a folder called "picon"

skeggylad2
13-07-15, 13:00
hi i have a Hard drive in the VU once i upload them how do i activate them or is it done its self?

thanks for your help

Bazzer
13-07-15, 13:06
It should be done its self . I would do what Andy says works well for me.

skeggylad2
13-07-15, 13:18
oh worked great but they picons are awful lol
thank il delete them and try another batch lol

thank you for all help

Bazzer
13-07-15, 13:30
What picons are you using you won't get none better than the MK Picons 400 x 200 .

skeggylad2
13-07-15, 14:01
yeah them ones i was hoping for basic TV ident not pictures of people etc lol

Bazzer
13-07-15, 14:47
What do you want Van Goff :confused:

electrocop
13-07-15, 14:56
I agree with Skeggylad2 on that one - the picons with just basic channel idents on a plain background are so much better - clearer, easier to identify and give a cleaner look than elaborate pictures of people and 'things'..........
Is no-one making the basic ones any more?

skeggylad2
13-07-15, 15:01
no standard ident

Bazzer
13-07-15, 15:05
I suppose it is down to individuals choice I just find the MK picons easier to maintain :thumbsup:

Andy_Hazza
13-07-15, 16:33
The MK ones look fantastic with the Bello skin, Confluence skin or the YouViX Blue skin which I use. If you want the basic ones, you will have to maintain them yourself unfortunately.

Walt
13-07-15, 17:34
What is the folder icon next to the bouquets? Can I use the MK bouquets picons instead or do they only show in the top corner? Using confluence skin.

Andy_Hazza
13-07-15, 18:56
MK has done some individual picons for various faves, i.e. Entertainment, Movies, Sport etc and they go in the same folder mate.

sataday
13-07-15, 19:16
Try the ocram ones. they are less gimmicky, more traditional. I use the blue/black ones.

skeggylad2
13-07-15, 19:30
just tried the ocram ones got boomerang for a move channel lol and a few missing
oh well need to just make do

cheers

Walt
13-07-15, 19:42
MK has done some individual picons for various faves, i.e. Entertainment, Movies, Sport etc and they go in the same folder mate.

They only show at the top right, not to the left side of the bouquet where the blue folder icon is.

pembo
13-07-15, 19:45
you can always make your own for the ones that are missing ;)

sataday
13-07-15, 19:56
The ocram picons I use are the channel name ones. There are very few missing, but some need the names changing to be exactly the same as in the EPG. Easily done using DCC.

chumley
20-07-15, 17:53
i'm using ocram picons from the feeds (on hades) and i'm missing almost all the film channels? is it just me?

Andy_Hazza
21-07-15, 07:57
Unfortunately you will have to manually update your picons as I'm guessing you have the traditional reference picons installed. The SNP are better and way way way easier to maintain.

chumley
21-07-15, 08:56
Ok cool - thanks Andy

I used the Ocram pack (20150606 Ocram 400x240 SNP.rar (http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=%2A%2A%2APicons%2A%2A%2A/Ocram/SNP/400x240/)) from the download page - will these end up in the plugin feeds?

deleted
21-07-15, 09:36
It's better to use the reference versions as you have noticed, except for Sky Greats none are missing on my setup. With the SNP versions you're on your own and you'll have to keep fixing it yourself. For the serviceref versions, quite a few people contribute at https://github.com/picons/picons-source, so it will eventually resolve itself. Unless you have some channellist which uses servicerefs incompatible, in that case you'll have to build them yourself against your own channellist.

PS: The version you used is old by now, https://github.com/picons/picons-source/releases
Main web-entry http://picons.github.io

Foxylady
07-08-15, 08:47
Come across this thread and thought i'd try these due to setanta ones not updated by ocram.
I have always used ocram for years and manually updated via reference number which was a long winded effort, but it never fazed me, and it becomes the norm, getting used to it.
These picons are different and i quite like them, but can i ask, are they available for the foreign sats i.e. 13, 19, 30w etc?
I never use the plugins feeds for picons as i store them on usb pen drive and lie manually doing them as i have control of what is going on.
Best wishes