PDA

View Full Version : Many channels showing 'N/A' in the EPG.

rob588cliff
12-07-15, 21:19
Hi,

I recently did a 'scan' within ABM, everything appeared ok as it has done on previous occasions. I then went into the EPG and most of the channels were showing as 'N/A', if I select a 'N/A' channel the EPG then updates and the picture appears as you would expect. If this only happened after a scan it would not be a major problem however, if I switch the box off or reboot the same thing happens again.

I have tried various re-scans, rebooting and running crossEPG, so far nothing has resolved the issue.

Any idea what I've done (I've attached a picture of the EPG) ?

Image is Vix 3.0 (appreciate this is old however, previously the box has been faultless).

Thanks.

tvtv
12-07-15, 21:54
When you say various rescans, do you mean MENU > SETUP > SERVICE SEARCHING > AUTOMATIC SCAN? As there have been some channel changes recently...

But, for me, i had exactly the same issue as you, until i fixed ABM with the file in this post
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?46790-ABM-Crashing-during-scanning&p=364102&viewfull=1#post364102

not sure if that could also help you, but it fixed my EPG issues, as well as stopping ABM crashing during scanning in my case...
if you have not done a service scan for a while then likely that is you issue. For crossEPG i only have SkyUK selected

rob588cliff
12-07-15, 22:25
When you say various rescans, do you mean MENU > SETUP > SERVICE SEARCHING > AUTOMATIC SCAN? As there have been some channel changes recently...

But, for me, i had exactly the same issue as you, until i fixed ABM with the file in this post
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?46790-ABM-Crashing-during-scanning&p=364102&viewfull=1#post364102

not sure if that could also help you, but it fixed my EPG issues, as well as stopping ABM crashing during scanning in my case...
if you have not done a service scan for a while then likely that is you issue. For crossEPG i only have SkyUK selected

Hi,

No, by re-scan I meant within ABM. I did see the option you were referring to but wasn't sure there was any need. Can you explain the purpose of the two different scans......I'm now a little confused ??!!

Many thanks.

cactikid
12-07-15, 22:44
if you cleared your scan and autoscan 28.2 should pickup 900+ channels well below would indicate an issue dish moved etc.abm should redo your bouquets again but if dish is off?