PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] 28.2e HD and cable mix

jasper1974
12-07-15, 02:49
Hi i know this is a complete long shot but is there anyway or any swap file around that instead of having 2 sets of bouquets 1 for 28.2 and 1 for cable that will make 1 set of bouquets and replace the unavailable 28.2 HD channels with the available HD channels from a cable scan. so when i run autobouqet maker instead of giving me 2 bouquest it will just make the one and mix them together so i have movies all in hd , entertainment programes like sly1 and dave will be replaced with the hd versions from the cable instead of sat ect ect ect

judge
12-07-15, 03:02
Yes, will require a bit of work on your part though.
Have a look at /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/README.txt to get you started in the right direction.

abu baniaz
12-07-15, 04:10
There was a file uploaded recently. Would need to be updated owing to the Sports reshuffle.

EDIT: File added here.
Extract and place in the custom folder. /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/
The file was composed based on using HD numbering. You must select a HD region for Sky UK.
You must make ABM scan cable. You do not have to create the cable bouquets though.

jasper1974
12-07-15, 13:40
There was a file uploaded recently. Would need to be updated owing to the Sports reshuffle.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?46006-Display-LCN-for-multiple-providers&p=357753&viewfull=1#post357753

@abu
You are the man what more can i say your script worked a treat done exactly what i had wanted it to do.

abu baniaz
12-07-15, 13:50
That was not my xml

jasper1974
12-07-15, 18:09
That was not my xml

Well who ever made that xml a mighty big thank you for it

@abu

Might not have been your xml but you pointed me in the direction i needed and thanks for that

DrDean
19-07-15, 15:33
Hi guys, I'm new to these boxes and was just wondering how you 'install' this custom mix file? how do I get to the custom folder and what is ABM?
Thanks in advance, from the thread reply it looks like it's what I've been looking for.

jasper1974
19-07-15, 18:55
ABM is the auto bouquet maker in menu/system/service search

Place the custom xml into /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/
Via ftp then set up ABM to do a 28.2e hd scan for your are and a also the cable area you are in and then it gives you the mixed sat and cable bouquets which is brilliant

mr_foj
23-07-15, 15:40

Extract and place in the custom folder. /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/
The file was composed based on using HD numbering. You must select a HD region for Sky UK.
You must make ABM scan cable. You do not have to create the cable bouquets though.

hi
i try it but it did not work for me
any help pls

Huevos
23-07-15, 15:49
hi
i try it but it did not work for me
any help plsIf you need help please follow the instructions in the support thread and then start your own thread.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44783-ABM-support-questions

jasper1974
29-07-15, 01:25
What misleading info ????

Huevos
29-07-15, 11:36
What misleading info ????

you need to select the custom version of your region in ABM
The file in post number #3 is for an HD area, not Custom.

jasper1974
29-07-15, 15:31
The file in post number #3 is for an HD area, not Custom.

Not misleading at all in my opinion as i will explain when using the sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml

If you select say for (your area) HD you will get all the HD channels even the ones like Sly atlantic that cant be cleared even when suing the XML as VM Dont have all the HD channels

If you Select (your area) Custom with channel Swap on then you get all the HD Channels that clear via Sly and VM

After spending Hours on another thread with Abu Baniaz and yourself i have now made my own custom xml which i have put on the forum here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47027-28-2E-Sports-bouquet-order&p=366279&viewfull=1#post366279) which does work properly with the sky and VM HD channels correctly and it also gets rid of the duplicate SD channels from the "movie" and "sports" bouquets

So not misleading in the fact that when people do a scan they dont want to be left with channels in there bouquets which they will not be able to clear when another option (which was what i was pointing out) gives them the SD channels but then will replace with HD channels that are able to be cleared

abu baniaz
29-07-15, 16:47
@Jasper1974, as I mentioned that xml file was composed using the HD line up. It was made to inject the Cable equivalent of the HD channels into the Satellite HD position. Using the SD/custom lineup means that you are replacing the SD chanenls (where numbers are the same) If numbers are not the same, you are replacing another channel.

You may be happy to exclude/replace the SD satellite channels, others may not be.

jasper1974
29-07-15, 19:39
@Jasper1974, as I mentioned that xml file was composed using the HD line up. It was made to inject the Cable equivalent of the HD channels into the Satellite HD position. Using the SD/custom lineup means that you are replacing the SD chanenls (where numbers are the same) If numbers are not the same, you are replacing another channel.

You may be happy to exclude/replace the SD satellite channels, others may not be.

Agree with you 100% Abu my only point i was raising was that my quote was not misguiding it was perfectly valid and correct as the xml might have been made for the HD area but to get a better result you need to use the custom area as i explained in post #13

Considering this whole thread was about how to get ABM to insert Cable HD channels into unavailable HD sly channel Slots in the order to have a good mix with all available channels on show then i also am 100% right as for as far as i am aware sly atlantic HD is not available throught any other box except sly boxes so theres 0% need to have it replacing the sd version at 108

by doing it my way ive just simply swapped sd channels that are available in HD so i have all the channels and exluded the sd version as i have no need for them if i can clear them in HD

judge
29-07-15, 19:44
@jasper1974 are you really trying to teach an ABM developer how to suck ABM shaped eggs?

jasper1974
29-07-15, 19:51
@jasper1974 are you really trying to teach an ABM developer how to suck ABM shaped eggs?

Not at all as without his help i would not have got where i am now he made learning it so simple although took 2 night

All i am saying is when you look at my original question when i started the thread what i said was not misleading which i have taken offence to

If the thread had been how do i change the sly hd to vm hd channels then yes it would be misleading as i would be getting rid of some of the sky line up

But thats not what the thread was about so what i said and was 100% correct

jasper1974
29-07-15, 19:52
By saying i was misleading would imply that what i had said was wrong and would not work. Yet it does work in a better way

there is more than one way to skin a cat and neither of the suggestions by Abu or myself are wrong but its a preference thing.

Now you have shoot me down for maybe having worked out a better way of doing something just because im not a developer now i dont want to cause a argument but thats not a community spirit just because someone has another way of doing something why not try it and see for yourself if you dont like it then youve lost nothing

abu baniaz
29-07-15, 20:09
Pretty sure that if you ask most people if they want "HD chanenls as well as SD ones" or "remove working SD chanenls and just have HD cable ones" most people would take the former option.

Advising somone to use Custom mode is wrong. There was no need to make that suggestion. Nobody is shooting you down. You have not found a better way.

jasper1974
29-07-15, 20:49
Pretty sure that if you ask most people if they want "HD chanenls as well as SD ones" or "remove working SD chanenls and just have HD cable ones"

With my way they get both (OMG what a shocker) so please come back with a sensible reply your misleading this thread to believe my way would be SD only. yet it only actually changes 1 (one) Channel

Advising somone to use Custom mode is wrong

Then why is it in ABM it not wrong its just not agreeing with your opinion again im shot down for having one ( thought we lived in a democratic society) and it works as intended still so again NOT wrong. have you even done a scan with the XML and used custom as if you have PLEASE tell me whats wrong with it rather than saying its just wrong some substance to the argument would be good as ive given full details of whats wrong with the original way but nobody can actually point out whats wrong with my way.

For me Custom worked better as would rather have a watchable sky atlantic at its proper number 108 than a HD version i cant watch and then have to keep trying to find it in the EPG to watch it again personal preference dont know why everyone is so high up on only using the HD search if that the case and there was no demand for the custom version why was it put into the ABM program because from what your saying it serves no purpose.

Oh i know why its because the custom version isnt actually the work of the ABM team it was an import from someone else who thought the HD scan wasnt up to scratch.

I dont want to argue with you lot as you have helped so much but all i ask is you actually run the custom rather than hd scan and then come back and tell me what is wrong with it then everything is in the open for others to make up there own mind rather than being dictated to and made to feel like a naughty school boy just for liking something slightly different.

abu baniaz
29-07-15, 20:57
You are right, we are wrong.

jasper1974
29-07-15, 21:02
You are right, we are wrong.

No im not saying that im saying both work both giving different result.

As i said earlier without you i wouldnt have worked anything out so i have nothing but praise for you Abu

All i think is wrong is labeling me and my comments as misleading when they were not

abu baniaz
29-07-15, 21:06
Can you educate me please?

If you use SD line up, what is the channel number for Sky Sports 1 HD
If you use HD lineup, what is the chanenl number of Sky Sports 1 HD

The SD/Custom numbering is the same. Custom removes non-viewable HD channels, and allows the insert and other niceties,

zino
03-02-16, 00:01

I had a read though all that, and the guides, I just wanted some clarification...

I plan to use "CustomLCN" to rearrange some sky uk channel numbers (put all bt sport hd channels together)
and also "CustomMix" too, to replace the sd versions of channels on sky uk with the HD equivalents from Cable.
I am scanning Sky ROI too without bouquet, to include setanta 423, and 424 within my standard sky uk bouquet (I don't want cable bouquet, or ROI bouquet, just sky uk section bouquets)

What I would like to know is:
1) can "CustomLCN" and "CustomMix" both be used at same time, or can I only use one.
2) And should I pick Sky UK area London Custom or London HD (as I want setanta channels and cable hd channels within the sky uk section bouquets, without extra bouquets)

I am planning to get a new quad tuner box soon so I want to understand and see if I can achieve this, before I spent more money.

Thanks.

judge
03-02-16, 01:29
Use a favourites xml.
In Ireland, even with a sub, FreeSat (UK) gives you some HD channels that are hard to add/view EPG on a SKY box.
Scan FreeSat (UK), SKY ROI, SKY UK in any order, using your favourites.xml to place channels where you want.
Even better if you have a DVB-T tuner to add Saorview channels.

abu baniaz
03-02-16, 01:39
I am scanning Sky ROI too without bouquet, to include setanta 423, and 424

if you use xxx_custom, those channels will be included in the UK channel list.

Huevos
03-02-16, 01:45
Use CustomMix. Using Favourites means immutable lists. Favourites is mainly for small bouquets with a handful of channels. If you are using CustomMix why would you want to use CustomLCN? CustomLCN is for ordering providers that do not have LCN.

zino
03-02-16, 02:05
Use CustomMix. Using Favourites means immutable lists. Favourites is mainly for small bouquets with a handful of channels. If you are using CustomMix why would you want to use CustomLCN? CustomLCN is for ordering providers that do not have LCN.

Guide said CustomLCN is the one to use for swaps within a provider.
I have found a file that does cutommix, customlcn and channel delete all in one CustomMix file so I will be ediiting and using that.

Thanks for for thehelp.

Huevos
03-02-16, 02:28
I'm well aware wait the guide says, I wrote it. CustomLCN changes the master dict. CustomMix changes the output only.

dsayers
19-03-16, 10:02

Thanks can I still use channel swap or leave that as it is? I've also made some personal edits to the sat_282_sky_uk.xml file will these still stay in place? And is there an updated version or is this the best to use?

dsayers
19-03-16, 10:31

thanks for the file

dsayers
19-03-16, 11:20
im also not getting the sports hd channels in the sports bouquet