PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] ABM seemingly causing serious bouquet issues on my system

LeeC22
11-07-15, 20:00
I recently posted a problem about the section markers, and during testing for that, I encountered a couple of problems. It now looks like those problems *might* be linked to how ABM is functioning on my system.

I had created a bouquet on my box, that was a simple '===========' marker, and was having problems moving it (as mentioned in another post on here). This afternoon, I deleted that marker, and after doing an ABM scan, everything went completely wrong with my channel settings. All my 28.2e channels disappeared and some of the channels in my favourites for my motorised dish vanished and were replaced with '<n/a>'

So once again, I did a complete reflash with a saved image, and transferred my settings files back over, and lo and behold, all the marker bouquets from the settings file (e.g. the separate satellite markers like === Hotbird 6 (13°East) ===) were there in the list. Then I ran ABM, and all those markers disappeared, in fact every instance of the '=' character had gone... on the screen at least. If I use Webif, some of the bouquet markers (and '=' characters) are still there.

I have included the last set of log files generated before I did the reflash. Can anyone see where things are going wrong from this file please? It is only since I upgraded to Hades 015 that this problem has started. I am using the same skin as I used to use (Magic HD-Noire), the same plugins (basically just the filebrowser plugin) and have a mount set up to my Synology NAS. I have tried reverting to the original skin, but it makes no difference, so I don't *think* it is skin related, but I can't be sure.

The problem might not be a direct cause of ABM, but when the settings are fine, then I run ABM and the settings are not fine, I have to consider the last action as the possible cause.

In case it might help, I have a video on Google drive that shows what happens from the point I have just uploaded my settings file, until the point ABM finishes the scan. You can see what happens to the channels list in the video. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7LFvItVrwd0VWZlOVpDMjFRSEk/view?usp=sharing

Hopefully someone might be able to spot the problem based on the info I have provided. Thank you to anyone that has the time to look at this for me.

abu baniaz
11-07-15, 21:01
Can you attach your bouquets that you are using please.

LeeC22
11-07-15, 21:17
I have attached a zip containing everything in the etc\enigma2 folder, is that correct?

Huevos
11-07-15, 22:31
And a debug log of the scan please.

LeeC22
11-07-15, 22:45
I didn't have the logs turned on when I did the scan. :(

I'll have to switch them on and then redo all the settings sending as the box needs a restart when you've turned logs on... will try and do it shortly and then upload the log. Just so I know I am doing the right thing, is it the same as the log I uploaded previously (from media/hdd/logs), or is the ABM log in a different place?

Sorry if that's a dumb question, I haven't dealt with the log files before.

LeeC22
11-07-15, 23:43
Okay, here is the log file from after the settings have been applied. The only difference now, is that ABM is generating no bouquets whatsoever. I set it to Sky UK, Granada HD area and said *Yes* to FTA only. After two scans, I have no 28.2e bouquets at all.

I can see this having to be another reflash... I don't even know if it's worth trying Hades 016, I am at a loss.

Edit: Just as a further test, I sent over an alternate settings file (vhannibal), did a scan, and still got no 28.2e bouquets.

cactikid
11-07-15, 23:50
i would have tried granada sd area and no to fta,as that should pick up more services

LeeC22
12-07-15, 00:14
I've had to do a complete flash from scratch. :( After sending over the vhannibal settings, I lost the Sky UK provider option altogether. So I have just flashed with hades 015 and I will try and set up everything on the default skin.

I will set up with the basic 28.2e settings using just ABM, save that as a backup image, and then try to get a settings file for my motorised dish to work with them. I have left all ABM settings as default, no hidden sections, no FTA only setting, and I will see how I get on from there.

I'll update with the results, purely because all this info might help someone else... it'll probably help them to identify me as an idiot noob at the very least. :o

Huevos
12-07-15, 00:17
[ABM-config] providers: sat_282_sky_uk:hd_granada:0:
You have it set to not create any bouquets. Either set "main" to "yes" or "sections" to "yes" or both.

LeeC22
12-07-15, 00:30
I presumed that setting it to FTA only, would just generate the FTA bouquet... It had generated channels at some point with the settings like that. :confused:

It's getting late now, and my vertigo is starting to kick in, so I think it's time to leave it alone until tomorrow. Thanks for the help, and for being patient with my increasingly obvious stupidity. :o

abu baniaz
12-07-15, 00:44
There is one option whether to scan FTA only.

There is another option to generate the FTA bouquet, there is another option to generate the FTA HD bouquet although that is not displayed if you have the FTA scan mode activated.

Huevos
12-07-15, 00:47
I presumed that setting it to FTA only, would just generate the FTA bouquet."FTA only" is a setting, not a bouquet. In the hints text it says "This affects all bouquets". ABM will only create the bouquets you tell it to. Right now that is "0", as shown in your log.