PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] how to connect and choose between TWO USB flash drives

gizmofreak
08-07-15, 19:56
hi all

As the title suggests, how can I connect and choose between two USB flash drives?
I have a 32GB flash drive initialised by the box connected at the rear and then I'd like to plug one in to the second USB port (this one being fat32 format) and then perform a backup. However when I try to make a backup I can't work out which USB drive the system wants to back up to, all I see as the backup location is /media/hdd

Maybe it's the case that I should only have ONE usb drive connected when making a backup.

Hoping someone can confirm.

Thanks.

twol
08-07-15, 20:15
hi all

As the title suggests, how can I connect and choose between two USB flash drives?
I have a 32GB flash drive initialised by the box connected at the rear and then I'd like to plug one in to the second USB port (this one being fat32 format) and then perform a backup. However when I try to make a backup I can't work out which USB drive the system wants to back up to, all I see as the backup location is /media/hdd

Maybe it's the case that I should only have ONE usb drive connected when making a backup.

Hoping someone can confirm.

Thanks.
No, each drive will be mounted with a separate id, and when you go to backup, choose menu and the usb you want to backup to ..... Working from memory so could be slightly wrong (forgive an old guy) but thats roughly it..... Of course you can go into mount mgr and change how they are mounted.
I am sure others will clarify my response:)

gizmofreak
08-07-15, 20:24
Got it - one is showing as 'media/hdd' and the other (the one I want to save the backup to) is showing as 'media/usb'

Thanks very much twol!