PDA

View Full Version : FTP problem

Tangfolio
07-07-15, 14:05
Only had a poor wireless connection to box so put a cable in from modem/router and connected it to a spare router in 'AP' mode at other end then another cable to VU, got a great connection to box now but Filezilla can't find it using the IP that the box shows it is on. I tried advanced IP scanner and it finds 2 devices showing the 'mac' of the VU Duo2 on different IP's but filezilla doesn't like either of them.
Any ideas/suggestions?

Kojo_
07-07-15, 15:24
So your connection is: wall - Modem/router - Spare router - Vu?

Modem/Router should be set to route -mode and Spare to brige -mode so that everything connecting wirelessly gets tha same IP-range.

Tangfolio
07-07-15, 16:04
I'm not sure I get some of that, nothing is connecting by wifi now.
The Vu Duo2, TV and Xbox are all connected by network cables from the second router and everything has a great internet connection for a change.
Anything connected to the main router has IP's of 192.168.1.xxx but the stuff connected to the secondary routers IP's are 192.168.0.xxx.
I tried lots of different settings on the secondary router at first and nothing seemed to work then I tried plugging the cable from the main router into the secondary's WAN instead of a LAN port and everything worked.

Peterj
07-07-15, 16:45
Don't use a router behind a router.
Or use a switch behind your main router to enlarge your number of connections, or reconfigure your second router.
Disable DHCP in your second router.
If you can configure it to bridge, you can connect the WAN port of your second router to a LAN port of your main router,
otherwise connect LAN port to LAN port.
This way you keep all your boxes in the same network (192.168.1.xxx).

Tangfolio
07-07-15, 17:57
I'm afraid I'm not following all of that either, the second router is a Netgear DGN3700 and it is supposed to be OK to use it in this fashion and I found some instructions for setting it up but nothing worked until I put the cable into the WAN port so as everything is working well at the moment I think I will leave it all as it is.
A friend has just come up with a suggestion that works, a laptop with a wifi connection to the second router can FTP to the Vu Duo2.