PDA

View Full Version : tuner setup

vrlika
15-12-10, 22:03
hi all I've had my vu+ for a couple of weeks now and it works perfect however I have tuner A set to usals for motorised dish and now I would like to set tuner B to a fixed sly dish.
What should the settings be for tuner B in the simple mode setup ???
thank you

silverfox0786
15-12-10, 22:31
Configuration Mode = simple
Mode = Single
Satellite = your sat position eg 28.2e
Send DiSEqC = no

vrlika
17-12-10, 16:37
I am having problems with tuner B on 28.2. Tuner A is working fine(usals) but tuner B is connected to sly fixed dish and is set as in the post#2.
The dish is aligned 100%. The picture is breaking up on tp 10862 H 22000 5/6 dvbs/2 on tuner B and it wont scan the channels while on tuner A this same tp works perfect !
All other channels are working fine on tuner B fixed on 28.2 degrees.
Shoud I delete sat 28.2 from the sat list and then rescan it on tuner B again ? any help is appreciated.
thank you

silverfox0786
17-12-10, 16:40
do a rescan and get a updated satellite.xl file into etc/tuxbox make sure when you do a rescan you choose tuner B

vrlika
17-12-10, 16:50
thanks I will try that now.

vrlika
17-12-10, 17:21
still no luck wont scan same tp on tuner B but when I put it back to tuner A on usals everything works ! Sorry if this sounds silly but when I changed tuner B to 28.2 should I reboot the box from the back ?
playhouse is frezeeng and signal is jumping from 0-99% must be clashing with tuner A somehow ?

silverfox0786
17-12-10, 17:28
rebooting is neded every time a change is made just to be safe that setting where applied

did you get a updated sat xml file although it should read off the one you are using for tuner A it may be tuner b has an issue but thats a theory

vrlika
17-12-10, 17:54
its getting to complicated now I will stick with tuner A (usals) setting till I get more familiar with this box . All channels work fine.
thanks

vrlika
17-12-10, 19:07
I've updated sat.xml file and will give it another go.

vrlika
17-12-10, 21:21
I've loaded latest channel list in and did a reboot and still tuner B is not responding to all tp's could it be a problem with the tuner then ?
thanx

tomthebomb1968
17-12-10, 23:54
Have you any snow on that little dish?

silverfox0786
18-12-10, 00:05
it may be a tuner error as you saying it works in tuner A

tomthebomb1968
18-12-10, 00:08
Swap the feeds over to check if tuner B will run the motorised dish and if the problem is still there with the sky dish its likely to be either a cabling or mis-allignment problem.

vrlika
18-12-10, 18:43
ok before I do it tuner A scans all tp's ok, tuner B doesnt . this should be a simple procedure however I might be doing something wrong when setting up tuners so can you tell me what is the procedure when changing a tuner setting in my case tuner A set allready to usals and then setting tuner b to a fixed dish 28.2 ?
thanx

jimmychen
18-12-10, 19:06
this is my set-up m8:

tuner a- config mode advanced
satellite -28.2
LNB -lnb1
priority -auto
LOF -universal lnb
voltage mode -polarization
increased voltage -no
tone mode -band
diseqc mode -none

tuner b- config mode -simple
mode -positioner
lat -XXXXX
east
long -XXXXX
north

this works perfectly for me m8.

vrlika
18-12-10, 19:14
Did you install channel list before setting tuners or after ?
thanx

jimmychen
18-12-10, 20:36
after flashing,i set the tuners as above during the wizard,scanned 28.2,then the sats i wanted on motorised,then added my channel list.its the exact same setup i had on my DM7025.

vrlika
18-12-10, 20:38
I swaped over the cables and same thing tuner B works on usals ok again tuner A on fixed dish problems so i will reflash the box and start again from scracth.
so its not the tuner problem .
cheers

vrlika
18-12-10, 20:58
after flashing,i set the tuners as above during the wizard,scanned 28.2,then the sats i wanted on motorised,then added my channel list.its the exact same setup i had on my DM7025.

I am following your instructions now and will see what happens

sagheer_ahmed
19-12-10, 17:41
so whats the end of this story ?

vrlika
19-12-10, 20:30
so whats the end of this story ?
I gave up m8 its to much hassle only running tuner A as usals and its ok I will leave it like that for now.
cheers

jimmychen
20-12-10, 17:16
lol,its up to you m8,but if i was you,i'd rather find out now if there is a hardware fault.

bob1
20-12-10, 18:43
I swaped over the cables and same thing tuner B works on usals ok again tuner A on fixed dish problems so i will reflash the box and start again from scracth.
so its not the tuner problem .
cheers

Sounds like its the dish/lnb on the fixed dish is at fault ,you have proved that as the motorized works on both tuners.
Also why are you doing a scan for both tuners you only need to do it once on the one tuner, if channels are breaking up on the fixed dish then its not 100% as you say ,what your trying to do should work no problem.

vrlika
29-12-10, 13:50
Sounds like its the dish/lnb on the fixed dish is at fault ,you have proved that as the motorized works on both tuners.
Also why are you doing a scan for both tuners you only need to do it once on the one tuner, if channels are breaking up on the fixed dish then its not 100% as you say ,what your trying to do should work no problem.

just to let you all know I've got it all working it was as bob1 said sly lnb at fault I swaped it for a technomate 0.1 and everything works with no glitcthing any more on tuner B as fixed on 28.2 and tuner A works as usals, job done !!!!
thank you all for help,
cheers vrlika

bob1
30-12-10, 17:39
Good to hear you got it sorted ,cheap lnb's are best avoided ,i have had a few of ebay that never lasted more than a year.

moogwai
30-12-10, 21:48
lol....i'm about to embark on the same mission of setting up tuner b to a fixed dish....wish me luck!!!! watch this space for rants and moans!!! lol

basilyoung
30-12-10, 22:07
static dish,s are best set up to tuner A, as this is the defualt tuner for recording, tuner B if it is motorized, is then free to allow watching other channels/sats

baz

moogwai
31-12-10, 00:12
static dish,s are best set up to tuner A, as this is the defualt tuner for recording, tuner B if it is motorized, is then free to allow watching other channels/sats

baz

will take this on board when i make my attempt tomorrow. cheers pal.

vrlika
31-12-10, 12:54
If you set it up like the instructions in post #15 you will be fine thats is mine setup now too and it works like a charm , just make sure dish is alligned 100% and check those lnb's too they are working ok lol, you should do it very easely .
regards vrlika

moogwai
31-12-10, 16:03
awww...i'm havin trouble!! ive put my motorised into tuner b and fixed dish into a.....and i can't scan tuner "a" as it says "nothing to scan" !! but when i go into the sat find menu it shows that the sat is being picked up!! any ideas?? i suspect a dodgy lnb......i have a new lnb and wondered if it will fit the mini dish?

bob1
31-12-10, 16:09
I take it you have set it up ,guessing you have a fixed dish at 28e so tuner a should be simple with one satellite 28e.

moogwai
31-12-10, 16:27
this is how i have tried to set it up...
set up> service searching>tuner config>tuner A>
config mode> single sat>28.2>disecq>no

i then do this
service searching>manual scan>type of scan>single sat>28.2 and it says nothing to found....but if i scan a single transponder it picks up a few channels!!

moogwai
01-01-11, 14:44
changed lnb...still no good. must be time for a re-flash.

basilyoung
01-01-11, 14:49
have you set tuner A to LNB 1 ??....thats is your most likely reason for not seeing thes sats...tuner B should be set to LNB 2

BAZ

moogwai
01-01-11, 15:02
have you set tuner A to LNB 1 ??....thats is your most likely reason for not seeing thes sats...tuner B should be set to LNB 2

BAZ

i didnt check that when i set the motorised dish up! i'll have a look as soon as i can get near the tv!! bloody wife is watching "the perfect storm"!! I'll let you know....thanks for advice.

moogwai
01-01-11, 15:21
done that,still no joy. what's getting me is that when i goto the satfinder in the menu it locks onto 28.2 straight away and has a signal of 78% but when i goto manual single sat scan it it says there is nothing to scan!! but when i scan one transponder it picks up 12 channels!! I'm at a loss!! can only think a reflash will do the trick!

moogwai
02-01-11, 23:55
i have a problem now and see if you can understand where i'm coming from. i have set up motorised dish on tuner "a" and fixed dish on tuner "b" both have channels and i can watch both. When i'm watching default tuner "a" i can't record whilst watching another channel.
However to get to view tuner "b" i have to go into my satellite list where i find 2 x 28.2 satellites!! one is labelled astra/eurobird 28.2 and the other just 28.2. Tuner "b" hosts sat 28.2 and when i watch a channel from this i am able to record a channel whilst watching another!!
surely i don't have to keep going into my satellite list to tune into tuner"b" just so i can record another channel?? what am i doing wrong?? i hope someone can help...this is doing my head in!!

basilyoung
03-01-11, 00:34
tuner A needs to be your static dish, ( lnb 1 ) tuner B needs to be motorized ( lnb 2 ) the defualt recording tuner is tuner A, so if recording on tuner A,...tuner B should then go to any sat that you wish to watch, regardless of what ever tuner A is doing

i would also redownload your channel listings

baz

moogwai
03-01-11, 19:50
i think i have it sorted now...but wouldn't it be best if tuner a was motorised? that way i could record off another satellite whilst watching another? thanks for your help.

basilyoung
03-01-11, 20:11
tuner B if motorized, will allow tuner A to record via your static dish, ( assume it to be 28 east ) if you want to watch 28 east whilst recording, you can do via tuner B

if you record a channel on say, 13 east, tuner B would record instead, allowing you to watch 28 east via tuner A

if both coax cables are on your moterized dish, you can only record and watch via either tuner on the sat that you are on,

if you have a twin diasque dish ( 2 dual lnbs + 2 diasque switches ) say 19/13 east, you then can record on either sat, and watch either sat

baz

moogwai
03-01-11, 21:00
tuner B if motorized, will allow tuner A to record via your static dish, ( assume it to be 28 east ) if you want to watch 28 east whilst recording, you can do via tuner B

if you record a channel on say, 13 east, tuner B would record instead, allowing you to watch 28 east via tuner A

if both coax cables are on your moterized dish, you can only record and watch via either tuner on the sat that you are on,

if you have a twin diasque dish ( 2 dual lnbs + 2 diasque switches ) say 19/13 east, you then can record on either sat, and watch either sat

baz

that blew my mind!! and i see where you are coming from. thanks again.