PDA

View Full Version : box unresponsive

dorada
02-07-15, 22:36
hi, I bought this box from WOS for my son at christmas he has been running it on a apollo image not sure what build but it came with the image on, anyway the box is unresponsive now solid green light on when its switched on from the back nothing comes up on the display & no video available on the tv screen, I've tried to flash it via a usb but nothing happens I know the usb stick is ok becuase I flashed another super with it ok. I can comunicate with the box with DCC OK so its not completly dead also if I press the stand-by button it goes to flashing green to red. any ideas chaps would be very much appreciated thanks.

cactikid
02-07-15, 23:02
box might need reflashing with new bootloader and new hades image and start from scratch,was the box using a usb for epg set to usb or internal flash [ not good ]dont use settings restore,if you have important info you want saved do that first.sometimes bugs happen and setting up from scratch is needed.

dorada
02-07-15, 23:06
hi,thanks for the reply would that be bootloader first then hades, would the updated bootloader allow me to then flash it.

cactikid
02-07-15, 23:10
correct if box wont take the image use the bootloader first on a formatted 8gb usb stick,kingston,cruzer,integral
just follow the box tuts in case any buttons need pressing for image to load and box reboots.
usb stick inserted or removed when box is powered off only.:thumbsup:

remove other usb devices first.

dorada
02-07-15, 23:18
thanks i'll give it go tomorrow i have set my own box back up now & get up early in the morn. thanks again

dorada
03-07-15, 12:36
hi just tried that and no joy box still not responsive solid green light & no video available

Andy_Hazza
03-07-15, 16:47
Can you ftp into your receiver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dorada
04-07-15, 00:16
hi, andy sorry i didn't reply been up brim !! yeah i can ftp to the box is there a way to revive it . cheers

dorada
05-07-15, 19:55
update the problem is still not solved but through Open webif I can set the box up through using the buttons on the front (the remote does not work) and refreshing the screenshot every second or two managed to get through the set up wizard did a scan on a single transponder & found sky box office but theres still no video mode on the tv I've tried different hdmi leads really stuck now

dorada
05-07-15, 20:30
next update , I have managed to do a full scan using the method above and can stream channels to my pc so Iam guessing it is a hdmi issue having used 4 different leads I think it must be a faulty box. image is now Hades.015/ driver is 20150626/ kernel version is 3.97/ gui version is 2015/07/01

abu baniaz
05-07-15, 20:37
Are you able to test another device conencted to the TV? Just incase the TV is at fault. If other HDMI device is fine, best to contact the retailer.

dorada
05-07-15, 20:56
tv is fine abu watching a gigablue on it as I type, thank for the reply I will contact WOS tomorrow.