PDA

View Full Version : slow epg

geordie
02-07-15, 17:31
Hi all got a vu duo and works fine with the vix image but when press epg it takes a couple of minutes or more for channels to come up is this normal how can I get channel list straight away help please thanks for reading.

rossi2000
02-07-15, 17:32
that depends on how many channels/bouquets it needs to load.
the duo is pretty slow nowadays.

Andy_Hazza
02-07-15, 17:42
You might laugh, but have you tried using high quality Duracell batteries as apposed to cheap crappy ones? Or maybe your batteries are due for change? You will be surprised what a difference new/better batteries makes.

geordie
02-07-15, 19:01
the normal channels come on straight but the sly ones take their time

peteb2428
13-07-15, 09:00
Hi all got a vu duo and works fine with the vix image but when press epg it takes a couple of minutes or more for channels to come up is this normal how can I get channel list straight away help please thanks for reading.

Do you have the epg on USB

geordie
21-07-15, 16:00
ive got a usb pluged in to back of box is this what u mean peteb2428

Andy_Hazza
21-07-15, 16:32
What you have to bear in mind also, is that the Vu+ Duo is a dated receiver now, it lacks memory, the cpu is dated etc.
Do you have a swap file setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mickyblueys
21-07-15, 23:16
I have 2 duo boxes both setup for epg saved to HDD, when epg pressed it populates straightaway, so I'd check your setup thoroughly. I have 256mb swap activated, and I use cacheflush plugin, this may help it may not, but in the past I did use usb for epg and had a little trouble so if that is what you are using I'd maybe try the HDD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk