PDA

View Full Version : Error- Script Failed on Genesis

mskhan01
30-06-15, 20:18
I am not sure if anyone else is experiencing same issue as me but since yesterday I have been getting Error- Script Failed message on playing movies on Genesis? Any advice guys? I am using official XBMC plugin from Vu solo 2
I have already tried uninstalling & reinstalling the addon but had no joy with it?

abu baniaz
01-07-15, 01:22
Based on your other issue with telnet, I think it would be best to flash your image fro m scratch.

DaMacFunkin
01-07-15, 10:33
I've been getting the same message with genesis on kodi loaded on a fire tv stick.

samsid
01-07-15, 12:16
if you look on youtube there's a few videos relating to this message, suggest fixes, off top of my head, reinstall or refresh the addon was among them
the vids were step by step easy to follow, most posted as xbmc, might not resolve but no harm checking them out

Bazzer
01-07-15, 12:24
I just refresh the addon and then it works fine

grik
01-07-15, 13:58
I have the same problem 2 days ago since the last update.
Im using it on Vu+ BH with XBMC Launcher, and iv deleted .xbmc and then tried to install addon from scratch, it installs and i can configure all again, but same error Script Failed.
On PC runs everything well, just on VU+ stopped working. I havent flashed BH image from scratch, if anyone does that tell me if solved.

Thanks

mskhan01
01-07-15, 19:46
I have the same problem 2 days ago since the last update.
Im using it on Vu+ BH with XBMC Launcher, and iv deleted .xbmc and then tried to install addon from scratch, it installs and i can configure all again, but same error Script Failed.
On PC runs everything well, just on VU+ stopped working. I havent flashed BH image from scratch, if anyone does that tell me if solved.

Thanks

I don't think there is any point in reflashing your image, as in my case my addon was working perfectly well un till 2 days ago? I think they have made some changes to the addon, hence it is giving script error on older Xbmc softwares like what we have on vu boxes. Not sure if the problem will be fixed in any future updates?

mskhan01
01-07-15, 19:47
I just refresh the addon and then it works fine

How do you refresh your addon? I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling it but problem is still there?

DaMacFunkin
02-07-15, 11:13
I would like to know how you refresh your add on as well, I am running kodi on fire tv stick.

Bazzer
02-07-15, 13:30
Sorry when I said reflash I should have said re-install the addon. I myself is having problems with Kodi Direct this morning took Genesis off and now I can't download any addons to re-install. :mad:

grik
02-07-15, 16:21
Yes iv installed everything from scratch, its just delete .xbmc and then run it again and configure it, it cleans all the configs on XBMC.

After all this doesnt work, its some lack of feature that is not present on the XBMC Launcher on Vu+ , its not a normal xbmc version, it as several limitations just to make it work i supose. We will wait an update maybe, if there is any luck.

culmor
02-07-15, 17:45
Definitely looks like a genesis issue as other hubs/streams work OK. I upgraded to Hades but made no difference as xbmc plugin still giving the error, as far as I can tell it relates to genesis changelog dated 28 june v4.8.0 as prior to that date all was ok on my VU+ Solo2. Current version v4.8.2 still gives error.

RaspPi version works fine! It's a Genesis issue.

Bazzer
02-07-15, 18:05
Yep just to confirm what culmor said , it is definitely a Genesis v4.8.2 issue has the older version v4.8.0 works fine . Update and you will have problems

mskhan01
02-07-15, 18:49
Unfortunately I have also deleted my XMBC plugin to have a fresh reinstall & now fusion website is down & I can't add that repo? stuck for now:confused:

grik
02-07-15, 23:07
Can someone share the previous version we can disable auto updates and leave using the previous.

Is this possible or we really have to update?

ArowonA
02-07-15, 23:29
Looking in my /media/hdd/.xbmc/addons/packages folder I have version
plugin.video.genesis-4.8.0.zip
plugin.video.genesis-4.8.2.zip
I can share them if needed, but it looks like it keeps the previous versions

edit: 4.8.2 seems to work for me, I don't get any errors

grik
03-07-15, 14:04
Looking in my /media/hdd/.xbmc/addons/packages folder I have version
plugin.video.genesis-4.8.0.zip
plugin.video.genesis-4.8.2.zip
I can share them if needed, but it looks like it keeps the previous versions

edit: 4.8.2 seems to work for me, I don't get any errors

Which image are you using and what box?

ArowonA
03-07-15, 14:08
I'm on OpenViX hades 15 and a Duo2 box.

culmor
03-07-15, 14:52
changelog and older packages for genesis can be found here;

https://offshoregit.com/lambda81/lambda-repo/plugin.video.genesis/

the option to rollback is grayed out on the addon so not entirely sure how to revert to older version; plus it will probably auto update!!

culmor
03-07-15, 15:07
might try this later;

forums.tvaddons.ag/threads/31944-What-s-wrong-with-my-Genesis-installs-all-of-a-sudden-on-my-FireTV-HELP-PLEASE!!

culmor
03-07-15, 15:32
I have posted a forum thread;

forums.tvaddons.ag/threads/33497-Genesis-on-VU-Solo2-with-OpenVix-Error-Script-failed

maybe you guys can add comments and we might get a resolution..?

ArowonA
03-07-15, 15:43
You could try telnetting to the box, run the following while kodi/xbmc is running
tail -f /media/hdd/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log
and then recreate the error on screen and see what the logs say, it may give an idea why it's failing if it doesn't give any details you could try it again with debug logging on, I think it's in System settings somewhere in xbmc/Kodi.

culmor
03-07-15, 17:25
17:03:50 T:1689253008 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named pkgutil
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/media/hdd/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.genesis/default.py", line 555, in <module>
from modules.sources import sources
File "/media/hdd/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.genesis/modules/sources/__init__.py", line 34, in <module>
import pkgutil
ImportError: No module named pkgutil
-->End of Python script error report<--

grik
03-07-15, 17:37
SOLOSE using Open BlackHole - XBMC Launcher -XBMC 13.2
Opened XBMC, started Genesis, tried to open a Latest Movie and replicated the Script Failed Error

Full Log:
xbmc.log
http://pastebin.com/WSe4CcRJ

ArowonA
03-07-15, 17:39
This may explain why mine is working, I had installed pkgutil for another reason, try running
opkg install python-pkgutil from the telnet prompt

culmor
03-07-15, 17:45
confirmed as FIX - many thanks!!

This may explain why mine is working, I had installed pkgutil for another reason, try running

grik
03-07-15, 17:47
YESSS
That Solved !!!

Great tip, if it was a coincidence, it was an hell of one.

I didnt even had to reboot xbmc, after install went to the source and it opened the source list :)

DaMacFunkin
03-07-15, 19:02
Is there a way to install thus on Fire TV?

mskhan01
03-07-15, 19:06

Sorted, great job mate:violin:

ArowonA
03-07-15, 19:54
Is there a way to install thus on Fire TV?

This is a bit beyond me, I know that Kodi addons have an XML file which says which modules they require, Genesis just says xbmc.python version=2.1.0, So I don't know if they need to add an extra requirement or if Kodi should be including python-pkgutil by default, hopefully the Genesis people will have gotten lots of reports of the error and resolve it in the next version.

if it was a coincidence, it was an hell of one.
Wasn't really a coincidence, both your log files said module pkgutil was missing and then I remembered I had installed it previously, happy it fixed the problem :)

wayre13
03-08-15, 22:19
You sir are a legend. Did this and Genesis is back up and running! Been looking for a fix for this for ages. Thanks!:fart2:

philiptcourt
26-08-15, 00:13
What a fix! Well done mate. Thats incredible.

harkan
04-10-15, 21:25

yes very nice job now working thanks

_simon_
13-11-15, 19:09
work for me too thanks.

pvdhelm
28-12-15, 11:39
i works for the script error but when i want to play a movie or a serie i failed to load and i get back to my start screen. It loads the sources but not the movie or serie.

my box is a vuduo2

tim132
16-01-16, 12:26
Yeah I can find the actual movies but when I click on them and it tries to load the streams, I get a spinner for ages and then the error

tim132
16-01-16, 14:46
I managed to get it working by installing the genesis fix found in the install section of kodi. I never even noticed it until now.

blueboy81
17-01-16, 22:13
have people got genesis working now? i did the opkg install python-pkgutil install and that worked months back. since before xmas all i get when i go on genesis now is movies not loading when i click on the links. any ideas?

cheers

tim132
19-01-16, 15:22
have people got genesis working now? i did the opkg install python-pkgutil install and that worked months back. since before xmas all i get when i go on genesis now is movies not loading when i click on the links. any ideas?

cheers

I did a fresh install, did the python code on telnet but it wasn't until I installed the fix, within the actual kodi plugin, downloads section that it started to load the video streams.

II AnDo II
31-01-16, 20:32
python code worked for me but now phoenix doesn't work, Just get a black screen