PDA

View Full Version : Recording File size Control ??

CellZapper
29-06-15, 18:29
Hi :confused:

Being new to Enigma, and coming from the other Technomate world, I am used to recordings being chopped up into small chunks, my TM6900combo creates files 1.6 gb in size.

I recorded some Glastonbury last night, a 65 minute recording used 4.6 gb, in one file, I have a 2.5 hour recording I haven't figured out how big it is yet (lacking Linux / enigma Skills).

I know that a recording is going to use as much disk space as it needs, that's not my concern here. (I have a terabyte).

Is there any way to set a file size "chunks" that programmes can be saved in.

I have Googled it and searched this forum, but found nothing that helps.

I am concerned that the large file sizes are going to cause grief when using editors, transferring files etc.. Especially as I have a habit of setting up records of 12 hours or more.

Thanks Chris

Really enjoying my new TM-nano-3T, great little box, really good picture quality both SD and HD.
I got of on the wrong foot with a faulty box, but Technomate replaced it without any fuss, great customer support. :thumbsup:

Trial
29-06-15, 18:30
Hi,
there is no way in E2 that recordings are split.

ciao

abu baniaz
29-06-15, 18:44
If your HDD is in fat32 filesystem, the file size will be restricted.

CellZapper
29-06-15, 18:54
Thanks Abu

I just installed the disk (factory fresh) and let the box do its thing, (the manuals are not very informative about what to do).

How do I know what file system was used, I assumed ext3/4 would have been used, but my ignorance of Enigma does not help here.

It looks that its not FAT32 because the 2.5 hour HD recording appears to have gone without problems. (I assume about 7gb).

Thanks Chris

abu baniaz
29-06-15, 19:03
Just for confirmation for the file system.
Blue Button > Vix >Mount Manager

CellZapper
29-06-15, 19:08
Thanks Abu

Type: ext4 R/W

Great support thank you