PDA

View Full Version : Question about single tuner

dazzlaa
28-06-15, 21:45
So I have just got myself a new box (xtrend et8000), I have had numerous issues with it so far but today I went to record a channel and was hit with the no free tuner warning. Now I only have a single s2 tuner, but it has 2 feeds into it. I thought I could still record 2 channels using this? Have I misunderstood how these work?

I have only had a vu duo prior to this and everything just worked on that box until it's untimely death!

Thanks

abu baniaz
28-06-15, 22:07
If it is a single tuner module, one of them could be a loop out port. What does the text say on it?

With regrads to questions about recording multiple channels, I now answer as follows:
Each tuner can only record from one transponders. If you have two tuners you can record from two transponders.

mr.raw
28-06-15, 23:51
Even with one tuner you could still record on it. but not two channels at once mate.You will have to watch what you record.

Double check the Tuner Config and make sure it is set correctly.

judge
29-06-15, 00:07
Even with one tuner you could still record on it. but not two channels at once mate.
Not true, once recording, bring up the channel list, press green for Satellites, pick current transponder.
On channels like History (on 28.2E) you have another 10+ channels broadcasting on that transponder, all can be recorded at the same time, not that you'd want to though..

As for the OP, the ET8000 has 3 tuner slots, tuners are currently feed in & loop out, no dual tuners yet AFAIK.
So, to have an ET8000 with the same funcionality to your previous DUO, you would need another tuner.
Adding a 3rd tuner would be even better for this box.

Sicilian
29-06-15, 05:47
You will need a 2nd satellite tuner module. Xtrend have single tuner modules, the connections are in/out. You can only watch and record on the same transponder.

dazzlaa
29-06-15, 09:57
Thanks for all the advice everyone. Everyday is a school day. I thought the 2 ports meant it would act as a twin! :)