PDA

View Full Version : GiGaBlue Quad+, Hades 014 & freeview

morrijr
27-06-15, 21:11
Hi,

I switched to the Hades image a couple of weeks ago from Apollo 166.

I've a GiGaBlue Quad+ with the standard 2 freesat tuners and an additional 2 freeview tuners.

The freesat tuners are working a treat however, while I can do a scan for freeview (and it finds channels) the EPG lists the channels (but no program information) and any attempt to view one results in "Error: Tune failed".

I've searched and googled for anything around this issue, but not found anything.

Apollo 166 didn't have any issues with the freeview channels, and my TV who's aerial is looped through the GiGaBlue is still tuning correctly.

Any information or hints on how to get this working again would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

John.

abu baniaz
27-06-15, 22:33
How are you scanning the Terrestrial channel?
If you can receive signal from several masts, then this can cause issues?

Which is your local mast? You cam find out from this website by Brian Butterworth.

http://www.ukfree.tv/extras/settings

If the mast is not listed separately in the list of locations, try scanning just the channels on for your mast.

morrijr
28-06-15, 09:15
Hi Abu,

Thanks for the link, makes searching easier!

[lots of text deleted]

While writing this post and documenting all the options I tried I found one which succeeded;

In Manual scan;

Type of scan; Complete
Region; Rowridge/UK
Network scan; yes
Clear before scan; yes
Only free scan; yes

I don't know why the automatic scan failed, but at least I've got all 4 tuners working again!

Thanks again,

J.

[Update]
The BBC SD channels still don't show anything nor a few of the others (some of which might share a channel/frequency?), but I can live with that! :)

abu baniaz
28-06-15, 13:45
Unfortunately, the way the Terrestrial scaning works on E2 is that if it finds channels later in the scan, it will replace the ones it had already found. It isn't just a matter of the strongest ones either. Nor nearest one. It has to be the one your aerial is pointing towards.

You said Rowbridge worked, but with problems. If Rowbridge is the correct mast for you, you can manually scan the following channels:

21 in T2 mode
31 in t2 mode
37 in t2 mode

Have a look at the following link that will show what the "channesl" should show.
http://www.ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Rowridge

If after doing this, all is working fine, please upload your lamedb file. You will find it in /etc/enigma2/ You will need to zip/rar it before uploading.