PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] How to get Subtitles working

DominatorxR
27-06-15, 20:05
Hello,

After days of tweaking and frustration i finally got XBMC to work after switching to VIX, this also seems to be the most user friendly one of the bunch ( openpli, black hole).
Genesis is working like an charm but i can't seem to get the subtitles to work.
I have installed the Opensubtitles plugin and i have set the settings of XBMC to use that as the main plugin for subtitles.
Now this is where it ends for me, no automatic subtitle download, and no way to download and start subtitles.
I tried every button there is, blue seems to crash the Solo2 when pressed and leaving the menu.
Anybody got this issue fixed, if so please let me know.
Also, the OSD when playing movies is not the default XBMC OSD, maybe this is the problem?
If so, anybody got an idea how to set it to XBMC OSD?
Thanks in advance!!

Gordon

ArowonA
28-06-15, 12:15
I'm not sure about the streaming option, but the opensubtitles plugin doesn't work because VU+ use their own video player and you can't access the normal Kodi OSD to download/enable subtitles, a workaround would be to select the video you want to watch, bring up the context menu and select 'play using' and choose the DVDPlayer, it probably wont' play properly, but will give you the normal Kodi OSD so you can download the subtitles and then restart playback using the default player. Clearly it would be quicker to manually download the subtitles, there is also a plugin in OpenViX called SubsDownloader which works quite well. None of this will help you with Genesis though.