PDA

View Full Version : No internet (different user)

dazzlaa
26-06-15, 16:01
I have just bought an ET8000 to replace my VU+Duo and im experiencing some very strange issues with the internet connection.

Day 1 , set up all fine, no problems.

Day 2, no connection.

powered down and re powered, no change.

Powered down for around 15 minutes and connection fine again.

Had to restart enigma to enable a plugin and the restart killed off the connection again.

Reflashed with latest Vix Hades today to try and overcome the problem, upon first boot, cannot complete the internet connection wizard.

If I check in the adapteer settings, Im seeing N/A on the 3 sets of info atr the bottom of page... IP address, gateway etc...

The green light on the ethernet connection is lit. If i do a network test it passes the ethernet connected part, fails the Ip address and DCHP.

Am I missing something or maybe a faulty box?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Daz

abu baniaz
26-06-15, 16:05
What cams are you using?

dazzlaa
26-06-15, 16:11
Also, it does seem to get a lot hotter than my Duo ever did.

dazzlaa
26-06-15, 16:14
I installed Ccam 2.3 as it was the fiirst one that was shown on the downloads page. I intend to update the cam

abu baniaz
26-06-15, 16:18
Thanks. That rules the Cam out.

dazzlaa
26-06-15, 16:20
I have just skipped the wizard set up and since I have reflashed, the cams have been deleted anyway. I have no plug ins active and no cams but the only way I can get a network is by powering down for around 15 minutes.
Really strange.

judge
26-06-15, 16:39
Anything else on your network using the same IP?

aido
26-06-15, 18:06
I nearly posted up with a similar problem with the internet connection during initial setup when I set my new box up (GI LX3) which came with Hades 13 - it was saying it was failing the internet checks even though I was connected onto the box and could see there was internet access. I did a few reboots and factory resets and then it started working all by itself which is why I put it down to a problem with the other end rather than the box.

Maybe there's too much load or a glitch on whatever test the box does to check the connection during the first initial setup wizard?

dazzlaa
26-06-15, 18:10
Nothing else using same IP, no.

Im just reinstalling everything now, I have swapped the HDD as I just mitgrated my disc from the Duo, was not sure if any residual settings could be effecting my new box so out it came. Re-flashed, rescanned and now going to get Cccam 3.2 and try again.

Thanks for the help, ill report back

dazzlaa
26-06-15, 18:11
I nearly posted up with a similar problem with the internet connection during initial setup when I set my new box up (GI LX3) which came with Hades 13 - it was saying it was failing the internet checks even though I was connected onto the box and could see there was internet access. I did a few reboots and factory resets and then it started working all by itself which is why I put it down to a problem with the other end rather than the box.

Maybe there's too much load or a glitch on whatever test the box does to check the connection during the first initial setup wizard?

It started when I restarted enigma initially. I dont think it is tied into the wizard specifically, at least my issue is not. :)

mr.raw
27-06-15, 04:48
Not much help, but i have the same box and probably from same batch.
Using same image and not had any issues here.

dazzlaa
27-06-15, 18:03
It has been working flawlessly since my last post.... i have just tried to reboot enigma and upon restart, no network! IP address, Network and gateway all say N/A. If I turn off DHCP and input manuallly they all show the correct settings but network is still dead. Im beginning to think the box is faulty perhaps.

dazzlaa
27-06-15, 18:07
Maybe its my virgin media superhub being a twat? I cannot see how though.

cactikid
27-06-15, 18:08
aha i have same box and from the start taking much much longer to get a network connection,reflashed today with hades 14,and could not get internet working:confused:brought box to router and used a short lan cable it connected,went in to scan my cable channels,still short and went to rescan again and got spinning vix image:rolleyes:10 mins later i powered off at rear and could not get to autoscan cable re spinning vix.this happened before and was told to reflash=nope not worked.previous had cccam 2.30.

new image downloaded 1.38 and 2.30 kodidirect,epg refresh and stuck with no network now

new cables put in since last image,new lan cable 20 feet from box to router.
network wizard cannot get internet working.
i agree box is very hot much hotter than vu duo.
unsure if i have a wifi usb to see if that works.
router has been powered off as well as the box ,no joy.
dhp always say yes

how long does a box take to get an ip address? other 5 sat boxes the odd time i lose connection but get them back in about 5 mins,over 1 hr trying different things to get the 8000 going.

i dont have vm as in ireland.

cactikid
27-06-15, 23:55
update i flashed with apollo 166 from archives and box got a connection when running setup:confused:

dazzlaa
28-06-15, 10:36
Maybe its the hades image that is causing the issue? I will try a reflash today.

Every reboot causes my network to be lost. It only works if the box is fully powered down for around 15 minutes.

I will try Apollo :)

Cheers

Sicilian
28-06-15, 11:06
No issues here with Hades 014.

You able to set your VM Hub to modem mode and test with another router?

twol
28-06-15, 12:42
aha i have same box and from the start taking much much longer to get a network connection,reflashed today with hades 14,and could not get internet working:confused:brought box to router and used a short lan cable it connected,went in to scan my cable channels,still short and went to rescan again and got spinning vix image:rolleyes:10 mins later i powered off at rear and could not get to autoscan cable re spinning vix.this happened before and was told to reflash=nope not worked.previous had cccam 2.30.

new image downloaded 1.38 and 2.30 kodidirect,epg refresh and stuck with no network now

new cables put in since last image,new lan cable 20 feet from box to router.
network wizard cannot get internet working.
i agree box is very hot much hotter than vu duo.
unsure if i have a wifi usb to see if that works.
router has been powered off as well as the box ,no joy.
dhp always say yes

how long does a box take to get an ip address? other 5 sat boxes the odd time i lose connection but get them back in about 5 mins,over 1 hr trying different things to get the 8000 going.

i dont have vm as in ireland.

Haven't had an ET8000 since Apollo was around, but always found that getting an IP address was pretty instantaneous and during that time I changed my main router (and supplier) with no issues.
In fact the only issues I have ever had was with the ET10000 with 2 LAN connections..... A bit of a pain.

Taking 5 mins for a router to provide an IP address sounds like a serious (router)issue.

cactikid
28-06-15, 13:03
so over an hour:laser:unsure if its because its run off a broadband split has anything to with it.
further checking done moved from apollo 166 to open pli and that had no connection after box rebooted,put hades 14 back on still no network,ok i knew apollo connected so reflashed:mad:no network connection with powered off box and router and network restarts.
left box off for 1 hr and powered back up network wizard connected to lan?:confused:

dazzlaa
28-06-15, 18:27
sums my issue up pretty much. Im doubting it is my router as everything has worked perfectly until the introduction of the ET8000, pretty sure the box is faulty.

dazzlaa
28-06-15, 18:28
No issues here with Hades 014.

You able to set your VM Hub to modem mode and test with another router?

yes, I will give that a go.

dazzlaa
29-06-15, 20:31
Ok, I went to my parents house earlier and set up over there. My network worked fine there. Came home and no network. Factory reset my router and all was good again, I thought I had beat the issue, but I have just attempted a reboot and the network is gone again. Hmmph, seems the problem is my superhub, I'm just not sure why

cactikid
29-06-15, 20:55
is yours the early version as they had issues as sicilian says,try adding a router to your hub and try your lan in that,kryptview cable boxes had the same issue at one time with the super hub early version.
i am not so lucky mine is off again:D

dazzlaa
30-06-15, 11:31
I have the latest superhub 2. Today, I have no network at all, and the power down trick has stopped working. I tried in modem mode, no change. I really am starting to think the box is the issue, and the fact it spring into life yesterday was just a freak coincidence

twol
30-06-15, 11:56
I have the latest superhub 2. Today, I have no network at all, and the power down trick has stopped working. I tried in modem mode, no change. I really am starting to think the box is the issue, and the fact it spring into life yesterday was just a freak coincidence

So can you take it somewhere else pther than your parents andtest again?
If it works at 2 places but not your home, then its likely an issue with your home lan.

Also mod the router to a range of say 100 addresses, set dhcp off in the ET8000 and a fixed IP of say 150 and see what happens. as most routers never reach any where near a xxx.yyy.zzz.100 you can probably get away without doing the 1st step, just fix the IP on the box.

I always run with fixed IP,s so that I always know which of my receivers I am talking to......:)

pz8l8t
30-06-15, 12:07
do you have any other spare router at home? If you have try just plugging it and then connect the receiver to it via LAN cable. It doesn't need to be connected to the phone/internet. Just see if you get an ip address from the DHCP server on the router.

dazzlaa
30-06-15, 12:41
The networks it worked on yesterday, no longer work today. In fact it just won't work on any network today. I have tried using modem mode, home plugged through to a dlink router, fixed IP addresses, dhcp off, it's giving me nothing today.

Over the last few days, it seemed to work when the box was cold, ie: after 15 mins power down. Today I am just getting N/A again in the network settings.

cactikid
30-06-15, 20:43
yes i was asked to reflash with hades 14 from rear port and when powered up it got a connection box was off at rear switch and download plugins yes it did reboot gui and could still access plugins but if i do restart box its gone and network wizard confirms it.need other location to check further as asked.

dazzlaa
02-07-15, 21:58
I have now returned the box. The connection was too inconsistent for me. I checked on numerous networks with inconsistent results.
Will await the outcome from WOS but I have asked for an exchange.

Thanks everyone for the help :)

Hope you get sorted cactikid

cactikid
02-07-15, 22:48
one thing that worries me is how hot this box is in standby.
how long have have you had the box as mine was the 17/05/2015 ?

Sicilian
03-07-15, 06:02
I've got one that I use daily, it's warm not hot, same as any other box, remember lid is lower on 8k compared to a duo, so closer to components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3sharps
03-07-15, 16:32
I have had the same issue since changing to Hades, faultless with Apollo on the same box, but now regularly losing the network on restart, sometimes comes back after restart and sometimes needs a backup restore (which fails) but kicks it back into life.

dazzlaa
03-07-15, 19:00
one thing that worries me is how hot this box is in standby.
how long have have you had the box as mine was the 17/05/2015 ?

Literally one week. What makes it worse is they lowered the price today!

I have asked for a different box, even if I have to put money towards. Day one issues scare me!

cactikid
03-07-15, 21:36
sometimes things happen thats out of our control,yes also from day 1 suggesting maybe a bad batch?

twol
03-07-15, 23:16
sometimes things happen thats out of our control,yes also from day 1 suggesting maybe a bad batch?give this a rest, it may be a new box for you, but has been around for over 18 months and available with other images for some time ..... Without issues.

Xtrend is,an established provider in the rest of Europe, and if there were reliabilty issues you would have long seen the issue raised on other sites.

dazzlaa
04-07-15, 14:15
Actually, there are two identical issues on this site, another Amazon reviewer (in German) has posted about the same issue, but what is most worrying is what has been described as a security board included in the xtrend which runs from a battery, users have reported 2 years of life and then a dead box due to battery failure ..These are Amazon.de reviews and other German sites I have been browsing over the past 24hrs.

Sicilian
04-07-15, 19:04
Actually, there are two identical issues on this site, another Amazon reviewer (in German) has posted about the same issue, but what is most worrying is what has been described as a security board included in the xtrend which runs from a battery, users have reported 2 years of life and then a dead box due to battery failure ..These are Amazon.de reviews and other German sites I have been browsing over the past 24hrs.

My ET8000 still going strong from when 1st released.

Many models have security boards now to stop cloners, inc HD2400 and Octagon models.

I've even got old ET5000 & ET6000, ET9000, ET9500, MaxDigital XP1000 receivers from around 4-5 years ago still going strong, the security boards in newer models have re-designed for better reliability and longer life.

Regards the network issue originally reported I've managed to replicate once today after days of testing. Only way I could replicate is using CCcam. Using MGcamd never, ever had a single network issue. It's not a hardware issue.

Sicilian
04-07-15, 19:06
sometimes things happen thats out of our control,yes also from day 1 suggesting maybe a bad batch?

Noncense, see my post above.

It's not a hardware issue. Replicate myself today after testing for nearly a week trying to reproduce it, happened to me ONCE ONLY today using CCcam, normally use MGCamd and have always been, never ever had a single issue with network.

dazzlaa
04-07-15, 19:39
I've never used mgcamd on any box mate, what's the difference?

cactikid
04-07-15, 21:17
my box had no cams or plugins just a fresh reflash and checked download plugins which worked but when box was rebooted it would not reconnect to lan .it wont put me off that good name.nothing in life is 100% perfect.

dazzlaa
04-07-15, 21:39
my box had no cams or plugins just a fresh reflash and checked download plugins which worked but when box was rebooted it would not reconnect to lan .it wont put me off that good name.nothing in life is 100% perfect.

Exactly this ^^

Upon a reflash whilst attempting to solve my issue, I tested with absolutely No plugins or cams whatsoever and I had no network.

There obviously are working units out there, but to suggest a box is not faulty because yours isn't is a bit naive.

Sicilian
04-07-15, 23:14
Can both you two guys please give the following info:

1) Makes and models of routers used?
2) Speed of routers beings used, gigabit or 10/100?
3) Hard wired direct to routers?
4) Any switches inline to router? Again gigabit or 10/100?
5) Homeplugs being used?

Think this needs to get back to somekind of perspective, look at the reported issues on ET8000, more or less only you two guys in the whole section. Look at other makes/models how many issues get reported.... Imo it says something for the make/model when hardly anything is reported here ;)

In all honesty, when i managed to replicate today, it wasn't through normal usage, i was hammering network downloading high number of large files, recoridng loads of channels etc.., wasn't normal usage.

cactikid
04-07-15, 23:31
upc cisco router 3925.
10/100 suppose to be on 120mb on fibre.
all hard wired no wifi used
yes 1. 8port lan switch 10/100 with multiple connections
+ bypassed with new long cable to router box and router rebooted.
tried homeplugs not worked as unsure if working?

.................................................. ............................
just to add all other boxes solo2,duo,tm nano se,solo and max digital all work with 8 port switches and hard wired in other rooms.

Sicilian
04-07-15, 23:50
yes 1. 8port lan switch 10/100 with multiple connections

Do you have another switch that you could put in line and test? Gigabit switch if possible, or has is your box already on its way for inspect by WoS?

cactikid
05-07-15, 00:01
no not packed it up yet but i used new lan cable direct from box to router as it bypasses all other stuff if it had issues,when box was hot no connection,1/2 off it would then connect until i rebooted,as kodidect does when adding stuff.d.
trying to move stuff off the internal hdd first before sending back.

dazzlaa
05-07-15, 07:54
Can both you two guys please give the following info:

1) Makes and models of routers used?
2) Speed of routers beings used, gigabit or 10/100?
3) Hard wired direct to routers?
4) Any switches inline to router? Again gigabit or 10/100?
5) Homeplugs being used?

Think this needs to get back to somekind of perspective, look at the reported issues on ET8000, more or less only you two guys in the whole section. Look at other makes/models how many issues get reported.... Imo it says something for the make/model when hardly anything is reported here ;)

In all honesty, when i managed to replicate today, it wasn't through normal usage, i was hammering network downloading high number of large files, recoridng loads of channels etc.., wasn't normal usage.

Used: virgin superhub
Dlink dir615
Bt infinity

120mb fibre gigabit network and 100mb
Cat 6/ cat 5 / cat5e cables tested
All directly connected to routers
Tested at 2 addresses same outcome: no downloads, no plugins active

twol
05-07-15, 09:47
Yep, the Germans don,t like the security boards .... Which was in to stop cloning and never caused me a problem, but it became such an emotional issue here (Germany) the newer Xtrend models don,t have it:)
Always made me laugh that the ones that complained most, were the ones likely to change their boxes as soon as new one arrived.... Hence it is (in most cases) an emotional issue as they never keep the boxes long enough to potentially see a problem

Its not to say that I haven,t had some interesting issues with Xtrend over the years, but firmware issues they have fixed within a reasonable period ... Others have had a workaround .... Other than I sit at the edge of reception for 28.2E

cactikid
25-07-15, 01:00
thread update box sent back and fault found.

many thanks to stef for his longer than usual test to replicate the fault:thumbsup::amen:

superkopite
03-11-15, 13:12
Do you have another switch that you could put in line and test? Gigabit switch if possible, or has is your box already on its way for inspect by WoS?

Hi Sicilian,

I am having this exact same issue, what would you advise???

I have checked the router, the cables, switches etc

Sicilian
03-11-15, 13:34
Have you done a complete fresh flash and setup? Describe what exactly is happening?

superkopite
03-11-15, 13:49
Have you done a complete fresh flash and setup? Describe what exactly is happening?

Thanks,

No I have not tried a fresh flash yet

Box was working fine until about a week ago. It is set up with DHCP disabled and a fixed IP assigned.

A week ago my whole network went down and through the process of elimination worked out that the Xtrend was causing issues.

I unplugged and the network came back
Left the box unplugged for few hours
connected the box back to the network and all was working fine
2 days later the same issue occurred, total network failure
network came back the very second I unplugged the xtrend
have repeated the above 3 times over the last week

Reading all of the comments in the thread it seemed as though flashing wouldn't resolve the issue so never tried it, should i?

abu baniaz
03-11-15, 13:53
What Softcam/emulator are you using? If Mgcamd, upload your mg_cfg

Sicilian
03-11-15, 13:54
Are you using MGcamd? If so, incorrect configs can bring down your network. Do you have an ports forwarded to the ET8K? If so close them.

I'd re-flash complete fresh setup. Use exactly as free to air. Do not install any extra's, no softcams, nothing, then test.

superkopite
03-11-15, 14:42
Are you using MGcamd? If so, incorrect configs can bring down your network. Do you have an ports forwarded to the ET8K? If so close them.

I'd re-flash complete fresh setup. Use exactly as free to air. Do not install any extra's, no softcams, nothing, then test.

Thanks, yes I am using mgcamd.1.35a. No ports forwarded

I will try the re-flash as you suggest

Sicilian
03-11-15, 14:45
Thanks, yes I am using mgcamd.1.35a. No ports forwarded

I will try the re-flash as you suggest

Check your mg_cfg, make sure logging is turned off. Test as free to air though. Op's issue was not bringing his network down, yours sound like a different issue.

superkopite
03-11-15, 14:46
What Softcam/emulator are you using? If Mgcamd, upload your mg_cfg

This is content of the mg_cfg;

# EMM messages
# 00 don't show any EMMs (default)
# 01 show only valid EMMs
# 02 show valid and bad EMMs with complete data display
M: { 01 }

# ECM messages
# 00 don't show anything about ecm
# 01 normal mode, show pids processed, decoded ecm and cw
# 02 verbose mode, show valid and bad ECMs with data
C: { 01 }

# AU
# 00 disable, no emm pids processed
# 01 enable, emm pids always processed for soft-au and shared cards
# 02 auto, emm started only if channel cant be decoded
# 03 process emm pids for network cards update only
A: { 02 }

# key update (sum 01 or 02 with 04)
# 01 update only new keys, default setting
# 02 update all keys (used for valid PMK checking)
# 04 enable TPS au
# + tps SID, which pmt pid contains au pid
U: { 01 } 0x12c0

# config files folder (softcam, autoroll, ignore/priority)
# 00 files in /var/keys
# 01 files in /tmp
T: { 00 }

# network mode, use summ for several clients
# 00 no network (default)
# 01 newcamd netclient
# 02 radegast netclient
# 04 camd3 netclient
# 08 gbox netclient
# 32 cccamd netclient, card list saved as /tmp/cccamd.info
# (ECM only, supported server version up to 2.1.1, later not work)
G: { 01 }

# network retry, use summ for several options
# 00 disable
# 01 retry every new ecm
# 02 try to connect to offline shares every Q: seconds
# 04 try to detect and fast reconnect to lost (and not used atm) server
# + XX messages number and YY seconds to reconnect
# mg will reconnect to server, if no answer to last XX ecm/keepalive or
# if no answer for last ecm or keepalive sent for YY seconds
# set to 0 to disable
N: { 07 } 5 30

# network ecm timeout in seconds
K: { 05 }

# newcamd dead routes connect retry, sec
Q: { 600 }

# network shares priority
# 00 gbox, newcamd, cccamd, radegast, camd3 (default)
# 01 camd3, radegast, cccamd, gbox, newcamd
# 02 cccamd, newcamd, camd3, gbox, radegast
P: { 00 }

# on screen display type
# 00 No OSD (default)
# 01 neutrino
# 02 enigma
# 03 relook
# + user password for http auth
O: { 00 } username password

# on screen display Options, summ of:
# 01 show emu ecm
# 02 show network shares messages
# 04 show decoding failed / fta
# 08 show emm keys update
# + web port to use for osd
S: { 03 } 80

# Log option, summ of:
# 00 off
# 01 network udp log
# 02 log to console
# 04 file, appended ! delete it by yourself, before it eat all your hdd
# + IP udp-port log-file-name
L: { 03 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log

# keep ecm cache, seconds
# every cache entry takes 28 bytes, so 24h cache will take *only* 240-400kb of memory,
# for openbox/elanvision users with remote shares make sense to set it higher than default value,
# to not hammer cards while timeshifting or playing crypted recordings.
E: { 15 }

# cache option, summ of:
# 00 Off (default)
# 01 Ecm pids cache, store pids used to decode in /tmp/ca_cache.list at exit, load at startup, same syntax as restore.list
# 02 Ecm data cache, remember CW for (E:) time
# 04 Emm cache for network cards, do not resend the same emm twice, cache not cleared until restart
H: { 07 }

# reread files, summ of:
# 00 No (default)
# 01 reread config file on channel change (including priority and ignore, but not replace/cache)
# 02 reread SoftCam.Key on channel change
# 04 reread SoftCam.Key if file changed
R: { 00 }

# debug, summ of
# 00 off (default)
# 01 debug ecm
# 02 debug emm
# 04 debug network ecm
# 08 debug network emm
# 16 debug network login
# 32 show mem/cpu stats every 1 min
# 64 add timestamp to log messages
D: { 00 }

# box type
# 00 autodetect, change only if you think wrong type detected.
# 01 dbox2
# 02 dreambox
# 03 triple-dragon
# 04 relook
# 05 openbox
# 06 dreambox/mips
# 08 stapi/kathrein
# 09 stapi/ipbox
# 11 stapi/openbox
B: { 06 }

# map all 180x nagra caids to 1801
# default is 01
F: { 00 }

Sicilian
03-11-15, 14:48
Change this:

L: { 03 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log

to:

L: { 00 }

superkopite
03-11-15, 14:49
Check your mg_cfg, make sure logging is turned off. Test as free to air though. Op's issue was not bringing his network down, yours sound like a different issue.

Not sure how check to ensure logging is turned off, is it a system setting?

superkopite
03-11-15, 14:50
will do thanks

Sicilian
03-11-15, 14:50
Not sure how check to ensure logging is turned off, is it a system setting?

See post above.

superkopite
03-11-15, 14:55
See post above.

Have done so now, thanks for the help.

It is working again now, but unsure as it is due to my just turning my box back on or the change to the file.

I will report back

Thanks again, very much appreciated!

Sicilian
03-11-15, 14:57
Have done so now, thanks for the help.

It is working again now, but unsure as it is due to my just turning my box back on or the change to the file.

I will report back

Thanks again, very much appreciated!

The logging you had enabled could have brought your network to a halt.

doggone1
10-11-15, 19:48
I am having exact same issues box about a week old was working fine then restarted and lost lan connection tried re flashing clean openpli and network was ok but as soon as i restart it looses connection
It is hard wired to router 4 feet away tried rebooting router but still no connection network test fails local network
tried with usb wifi adapter and can connect wireless no problems anything I could try to get Lan working

superkopite
11-11-15, 12:00
Thanks Scillian, working for over a week now with no issues at all!!!