PDA

View Full Version : Confluence Skin: Since update to Hades 14

Bazzer
26-06-15, 12:32
Strange one this , upgraded to Hades 14 just now and when I go to view what's on the wording for the channels has changed to coming up looking like Italic .
Sky Sports 1 Soccer AM - The Best Bits . Is there a way of changing it please .It's just the Red that needs changing.

rossi2000
26-06-15, 12:35
it was done to see the difference between service and event.

Bazzer
26-06-15, 12:37
Ok rossi many thanks for the quick reply appreciated:thumbsup: Actually it's growing on me now :D

rossi2000
26-06-15, 12:52
that may not be the final tweak to that
i did it to gauge any feedback regards it.

it doenst look too bad, but i could prob make it better somehow.

dude1
26-06-15, 16:37
I run your confluence skin along with ocrams 400x240 transparent picons which I think is a great combo. I don't have the service name or number on either the channel list or epg just the picon & then the program name.

Personally I prefered it how it was but can appreciate that for people with both showing in the same font the italic may make for easier reading. Either way it's no problem if it stays like this or maybe you could try the opposite & put the service name in italic then the program name would remain in the same font as the epg.

:)

john doe
26-06-15, 17:20
i like the look of it. something different

birdman
27-06-15, 01:21
Have there been other changes?

When the text overflows a field (this is setting a timer and the Description is a prime candidate) the background is now white, rather than the normal dark grey. Or have I just not noticed before?

Willmoore
27-06-15, 08:40
I like it. Also I see you have addressed the IMDB issue of the text not being centralised in the box - this now makes it a very useable feature, thanks.:thumbsup:

dude1
27-06-15, 14:59
I like it. Also I see you have addressed the IMDB issue of the text not being centralised in the box - this now makes it a very useable feature, thanks.:thumbsup:

Agree great stuff that the imdb stuff is now fixed as its really useful :thumbsup:

rossi2000
27-06-15, 15:12
Have there been other changes?

When the text overflows a field (this is setting a timer and the Description is a prime candidate) the background is now white, rather than the normal dark grey. Or have I just not noticed before?

im not sure
can i have a screenshot please.

abu baniaz
27-06-15, 15:38
With regards to the Red. that is normal (as a default) for any skin on image. It goes red when recording. You can change it in the channel settings menu. "Show record indicator"

jasper1974
27-06-15, 17:34
AMAZING Skin I love it have been using it for a couple of months now since moving from Bello and you have certainly made a skin to be proud of and the new updates to it on hades 14 are great

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all the hard work you do for us

timbo4000
27-06-15, 19:17
I came across this thread by accident whilst browsing the WOS website during my train journey home from work and thought what an interesting name for a skin (Confluence) and thought I would download it to my Xtrend ET8000 running OpenVIX Hades 12.

What can I say but a big thank to Rossi and everyone involved in creating this skin, the design, layout, colour scheme and font is very well designed. I don't know how much time it took to create but what a masterpiece it is !

I've got family members and some mates using OpenVIX Hades 12 and I will certainly be downloading this skin for them.

Rossi A VERY BIG THANK YOU FOR CREATING THIS SKIN AND ALL THE TIME AND EFFORT YOU HAVE PUT IN THIS SUPERB SKIN !

duoduo
27-06-15, 19:31
The design came from xbmc it has been the standard skin for a while, but I agree what Rossi has done to allow us to use it on enigma2 is fantastic.

Thank you mate...

moparopkop
27-06-15, 20:32
Hi guys....from reading through the post I decided to have a butchers at the skin
and I like it...can I get picons for this skin....and can they be put on my external hd as I have the xpeed lx2 and don't want the usb sticking out the front of the box :sofahide:

duoduo
27-06-15, 21:01
If the external hdd is mounted then no problem, have a look at MK picons

moparopkop
27-06-15, 21:05
Will do....gentleman man ya are

jasper1974
27-06-15, 21:28
If the external hdd is mounted then no problem, have a look at MK picons

Any idea why the MK picons and bootlog thread have been deleted I was about to update my picons

Walt
28-06-15, 00:16
Any idea why the MK picons and bootlog thread have been deleted I was about to update my picons
I was wondering the same.

birdman
28-06-15, 00:29
When the text overflows a field (this is setting a timer and the Description is a prime candidate) the background is now white, rather than the normal dark grey. Or have I just not noticed before?im not sure
can i have a screenshot please.I think I've worked it out. It's just the highlighting of an editable text entry box (which was always there).

Although one oddity (unrelated to the highlighting) is that the Auto Timer editing is done in place, but the one-off Timer editing is done by popping up an on-screen keyboard.

judge
28-06-15, 00:39
I think I've worked it out. It's just the highlighting of an editable text entry box (which was always there).

Although one oddity (unrelated to the highlighting) is that the Auto Timer editing is done in place, but the one-off Timer editing is done by popping up an on-screen keyboard.

Screenshots would still be handy to explain.

rossi2000
28-06-15, 00:50
although it appears that some functions are embedded in the image, they are actually separate plugins.

AutoTimer is a separate plugin that is installed to the image during the build process.
Timers are integrated into vix e2

thats why theres a slight difference in the method to editing.

judge
28-06-15, 01:10
Rossi, while you're looking at default plugins & screens, as the skin now installs Yahoo Weather, maybe the default Yahoo Weather screens need to be skined if possible?
Blue button -> Yahoo Weather, Looks like a 720 screen in an 1080 skin.

rossi2000
28-06-15, 01:12
yep its on my list to do atm.

but the plugin setup is weird and im unable to skin both screens.
some of the screen is hardcoded too, so will need to try and workaround that also.

dont know why people make there plugins hard to skin, its annoying.

birdman
28-06-15, 02:43
dont know why people make there plugins hard to skin, its annoying.Perhaps they can't find the documentation on how to write a skinnable plugin?

birdman
28-06-15, 02:53
I think I've worked it out. It's just the highlighting of an editable text entry box (which was always there).

Screenshots would still be handy to explain.

Here it is. The white background. 43503

(And getting this threw up another oddity, presumably in the timer plugin, in that the Text button - which I have bound to taking snapshots - just brings up the keyboard pop-up in timers...)

dude1
04-07-15, 14:30
Rossi, while you're looking at default plugins & screens, as the skin now installs Yahoo Weather, maybe the default Yahoo Weather screens need to be skined if possible?
Blue button -> Yahoo Weather, Looks like a 720 screen in an 1080 skin.

yep its on my list to do atm.

but the plugin setup is weird and im unable to skin both screens.
some of the screen is hardcoded too, so will need to try and workaround that also.

dont know why people make there plugins hard to skin, its annoying.

Great job & thanks for fixing the weather plugin for this skin so it fills the screen now :thumbsup:

dermies
12-10-15, 19:56
Due to terrible eyesight, I'd like to make one small edit to the skin.xml if anyone could point me in the right direction please?

On the channel selection screen, on the right hand side underneath the preview image it shows the Title and description for the now playing programme and underneath is the title and details for the upcoming programme. Screenshot attached.

The title for the now playing show is in White text while the upcoming show title is in Blue text against the black background. Unfortunately I can't read it.
Can the colour of that piece of text be edited to e.g. White like the text above?

Many thanks