PDA

View Full Version : skybox 5s help please

pete777
24-06-15, 17:45
Hi guys , hope you can help me please. have had the above for around 18 mths and had no problems updating when needed.let somebody upgrade my usb this time round as my laptop was iffy. he deleted all the usb :mad:.Can anybody help me please as box has now limited channels .Thanks.

pete777
24-06-15, 18:06
skybox 5s usb memory been deleted , can anyone please help me out as now have limited channels.

DaMacFunkin
24-06-15, 18:48
Do you mean a limited channel list or some channels won't decrypt? One of these situations will get an answer, one will not.

duoduo
24-06-15, 19:48
Seems like you just need to update your channel list, you can get this from ajsat I think

samsid
24-06-15, 20:00
on the chance that you mean the 7 day epg, that is stored on usb, google the skybox homepage, there's new firmware to repair
the issue involving loss/lack of epg updating

pete777
24-06-15, 20:09
Thanks for replying, I lost the s-- movie channels , the usb memory sd was then completely erased , put usb in box , channels kaput. is there some hardware that was already on the usb when I got the box ?

john doe
24-06-15, 20:11
sounds somewhat iffy

abu baniaz
24-06-15, 20:12
The channel data is not stored on the USB stick. The USB stick s only used to transfer it to the receiver. The Sky movies chanenls moved satellite last week. This is why they do not work. As above, downlaod latest chanenl list and transfer to your receiver.

samsid
24-06-15, 20:14
you lost the mentioned channels cos of transponder changes, update the channel list as advised in a previous post

pete777
25-06-15, 17:26
Hi,lost all the s-y channels ie movies, sport etc and left with normal tv channels and a few others .

abu baniaz
25-06-15, 17:36
What do you mean by "Normal"? Are you meaning to sat you can view the free chanenls without a problem?

johnhoe
25-06-15, 17:39
Try this link. You can blind scan and get the channels back.

http://neodelphi.net/prod/skybox-f5s-blind-scan-channels-procedure/

Willmoore
25-06-15, 18:22
Have you done as advised and updated your channel list ?

duoduo
25-06-15, 19:06
Jesus man, just update your channel list!! I told you this several posts back.. If you don't know how to do it, download latest channel list and then go to YouTube and watch a video, there is loads on there.

Andy_Hazza
26-06-15, 09:25
Better still buy a better receiver from sponsors (WoS), you'll wonder why you hadn't done so before than them shitty skybox 5s etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pete777
26-06-15, 17:35
Sorted problem thank you , what would you advise to buy and at what sort of prices ? thanks.

duoduo
26-06-15, 20:35
Something enigma2 is a great start, check out the forum sponsor by clicking on his banner at the top of this page.

Andy_Hazza
27-06-15, 07:30
Depends on your requirements, I.e. Single feed receiver, or twin feed receiver etc. look at these, this one is a single feed receiver >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Technomate-Linux-HD-Receivers/Technomate-TM-Nano-SE a great receiver at that price, also this single feed receiver >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Vu/VU-Plus-Zero or if its a twin feed receiver with possible internal hard drive capabilities for recordings etc, and at a great price, you can't go wrong with one of these >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Technomate-Linux-HD-Receivers/Technomate-TM-Nano-2-Super-Enigma-2-Linux-HD-PVR-Twin-Tuner-Satellite-Receiver or one of these beauts >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Vu/VU-Solo-2-Solo2-Twin-Tuner-DVB-S2-HD-Enigma2-Linux-Satellite-Receiver
Like I say it all depends on your budget and your needs, the above are just some ideas what to get, all are great receivers. Just ask if you have any questions or anything and we'll gladly help. [emoji106]🏼

pete777
27-06-15, 07:56
Thanks guys for info:eek:

john doe
27-06-15, 09:16
I had a skybox for about two months till it packed in, decided to buy a zero and thank god I did, best thing ever.

pete777
27-06-15, 13:55
Thanks, my box streams off router , how do the boxes you guys are advising me to look at work , the same or a different method ?

pete777
28-06-15, 18:24
Hi Andy , do these work the same - ie dish . box , router or different set up ?

Andy_Hazza
28-06-15, 19:40
All same bud, but loads better. For instance you get ABM (ViX own channel maker), CrossEPG (7 day tv guide), Different skins, so if you want the sky look you can or if you prefer the youview look you can, loads loads better.

simono5
28-06-15, 21:23
I started with an Openbox V8S simply because I was getting fed up with the slow and unresponsive Youview box that TalkTalk provided.

The Openboc V8S was the wrong box for me and not a box that I'd expect the family to get along with.

Joined this forum and went for Solo 2 and simply haven't looked back. Looks fantastic, lightening quick and straight forward to get up and running. I say straight forward, it's not plug and play but this forum will get you up and running with ABM, CrossEPg and the right skin in no time.

The box has what I'd class as advanced settings which allow you to customise everything to your exacting requirements. Brilliant but it can be intimidating and explanations of some features can be difficult to find but ask here and someone is always on hand to help out.

Like it's been said .....ditch the box what you've got, you'll not regret it IMO. Just make sure you by direct from WoS....there's too many counterfeit boxes knocking around on ebay and the likes ans the WoS offer a prompt and reliable service with great support here.

pete777
28-06-15, 21:47
Thanks for advice , do you get all the channels in HD with the boxes you guys are advising to buy ?

simono5
28-06-15, 21:52
Thanks for advice , do you get all the channels in HD with the boxes you guys are advising to buy ?

My Solo 2 is a HD receiver

pete777
28-06-15, 21:53
Thanks,been looking at the items you recommended Do you get all the channels in HD?

simono5
28-06-15, 22:00
Thanks,been looking at the items you recommended Do you get all the channels in HD?

No, not all Channels are HD. But not all channels are HD on the any receiver. Depends what channels you want to receive in HD I guess BBC1, 2, ITV1, CH4 are all HD.