PDA

View Full Version : New Tm-Nano-3T setting up terestrial

CellZapper
24-06-15, 13:07
Hi

I am setting up my new Tm-Nano-3T on terrestrial

Working but for HD breaking up occasionally.(pixilation).

My terrestrial Ariel setup was pre-switchover, high gain Televes DAT75 Ariel, with MRD (powered head amp), feeding a powered house distribution box.

Post-switchover the transmitter power went from around 800 watts to 2+kilowatts.

Now the TV and the other receivers show 100% signal. the TM-Nano-3T shows SNR: 99% , AGC: 54%, BER: 0%, on all but the 3 HD channels (21,32,34).

On The 3 channels with HD content (21,32,34 from Sandy Heath) the TM-Nano-3T shows SNR:0% jumping to 99% , AGC: 54%, BER: 0% jumping to 12000%, it looks really horrible.
At the same time I get no pixilation on the BBCHD.

I feel I need an attenuator (on order) due to the 100% signal level.

MY QUESTION:-

What signal levels do other users of the TM-Nano-3T find give an acceptable / reliable picture on terrestrial reception.

I.e. how much can I turn down the signal without causing a problem.

This information may be useful to others experiencing problems with terrestrial reception.

Thanks Chris

VIX Hades 11
to get signal information tune into required channel , Menu/setup/service searching/sat finder, gives signal graphic.

CellZapper
25-06-15, 17:22
More Confused than ever :confused:

Installed an adjustable attenuator between the wall and the TM, at minimum the same as above signal info, at max (20 db) the only change is the AGC falls to 35-40% from 50-55%. My BER on theses channels remains at 12000+.

At max setting, the HD so far looks good with no pixilation, but its early days, it wasn't bad all the time just occasionally.

I will move the attenuator to the loft to see if the high BER rate is due to overloading else where.

If any one can shed light on what good (0 BER) terrestrial HD channels look like on the signal info screen, I would be grateful.

EDIT: I forgot to ask is this a feature? (as opposed to a problem)

abu baniaz
25-06-15, 17:34
My one also fluctuates. But picture is fine.