PDA

View Full Version : Technomate tm500 locked with unknown password

lovedaremagz
23-06-15, 12:28
Hi guys, I am probably the newest member of this community and have no technical know-how on these matters. What brought me here hoping to get assistance is a problem which I don't seem to find a solution for; Nearly two years ago I bought a technomate tm-500 receiver at a boot sale. It was pre-loaded with a lot of my favorite channels. It worked like a dream until recently when the picture disappeared although I could still have a full list of channels and can also view data of what each channel is showing at the time. I have no idea what has happened to it. I used to solve such problems by using Enigma 1 Bouquet Update accessed via the yellow button on the remote control. That function cannot bring the picture back. I tried to reset the box to factory default settings but could not do so because to my annoyance, I discovered that every major function such as accessing TuxBox Commander or use of the blue button are protected by a password. Someone advised me that I should load the new image (whatever that means) but nothing can be done due password protection. I do not know what that password is. I tried the default password of four zeros (0000) but that did not work. I have faith in you guys, please someone help me! I have noted that you guys love to use abbreviations and technical phrases, if someone has a solution for me, please simplify it to the bare basics. Thanks in advance.

mistertv77
24-06-15, 18:49
Digidude posted a solution for that years ago.
There was one 'dodgy' image released.
Use his guide and then put latest image on

abu baniaz
24-06-15, 19:18
When you put up, pressing one of the buttons leads to deletion of user data including the password. Pretty sure it is the up button, then right.

lovedaremagz
26-06-15, 00:50
Thanks mistertv77 and abu baniaz. I was able to wipe the old passwords and to perform a factory reset. I followed the link provided by abu baniaz intending to download new image but I did not find anything for TM500, any advice or suggestions on that? Thanks in advance

abu baniaz
26-06-15, 00:56
The link in my signature is for Openvix images.

You can download from here. The 500super and 600 use the same images.

http://downloadtmsw.com/bbs/list.php?board=tm600