PDA

View Full Version : picture quality of the gigablue hd quad plus

duncans
23-06-15, 12:08
im looking for some feed back from other gigablue hd quad plus users about the picture quality of the sd channels also what images are you using your help will make me decide whether to but a different box thank you looking to see if the sd channels on the xtrend et 10000 and the mutant hd 2400 boxes are better thank you

Bazzer
23-06-15, 13:00
To be honest I believe it's the quality of the TV for a picture. I run a Mutant with a good TV and the SD is good but obviously HD is far better so all in all I am very happy with the quality of my viewing. The Mutant is a excellent box but can't comment on the Xtrend .

duncans
23-06-15, 13:21
hi I have a 55inch sony tv which is a creat picture the hd channels are great on the gigablue its the sd channels

Joe_90
23-06-15, 14:40
SD is fine for me on 48" Samsung LCD and 42" Panasonic plasma before that. There are some channels with low bitrate which are not great but all the BBC/ITV/CH4 and derivatives are fine on SD. Have you set the AV settings to 1080p 50Hz? I assume you're using HDMI? I find the Component video 1080i 50Hz to be almost as good when I'm not using my AV amp.

duncans
23-06-15, 15:01
when I switch the tv on on screen it says 1080p 10bit

Joe_90
23-06-15, 16:42
Yes - but what have you set on the GB Quad Plus AV menu? And confirm you are using HDMI.

EDIT
I've only just noticed that you were pm'ing me on this problem. It's best to keep the questions and answers on the thread so that others can find it if they go searching.

I have found the picture quality on the SKY SD channels to be ok - a bit "soft", but then they use very low resolutions on a lot of the channels (544x576) instead of the 702x576 on the national broadcast channels.
What exactly is the issue with your SD picture quality? Could it be a setting problem in your TV? I usually turn off all the picture enhancement options on the TV and start with basic settings.

Donkeyface
26-06-15, 20:50
I have a Quad+ and the et10000 and I find the et10000 has a slightly better image than the quad. The quad doesn't scale as well and gives a slightly washy picture but its still a better pic than sky. The 10000 has more definition and sharper but sometimes looks too sharp, slightly grainy.
Hope this helps.