PDA

View Full Version : wetek controller

rossi2000
22-06-15, 14:02
afternoon all

does anyone know if the remote of the wetek is usable as a controller for android games?

looking to get an android device for missus' little one, so he can play games and watch movies with xbmc from the nas at home.

not sure which one to get but obviously a controller is needed.

xixas86
22-06-15, 14:58
i tried once with fruit ninja

it worked

but you can plug a usb keyboard and play some games (not all of them)

Larry-G
22-06-15, 15:26
Do your self a favour mate and get a Amazon Fire TV box, you will get a lot more use out of it and it has a purpose built games pad that you can buy as a added extra specifically for games. It also works perfectly with KODI, Amazon prime TV and Netflix amongst others.

xixas86
22-06-15, 16:54
If you want games, yeah, amazon is pretty cool...
but just that...

Everything else for me wetek it's way better

But this is my opinion :)

Larry-G
22-06-15, 17:04
If you want games, yeah, amazon is pretty cool...
but just that...

Everything else for me wetek it's way better

But this is my opinion :)

well we will have to agree to disagree on that one, I have two wetek's and two fire tv boxes and the wetek are trash in comparison in my opinion.

xixas86
22-06-15, 17:17
well we will have to agree to disagree on that one, I have two wetek's and two fire tv boxes and the wetek are trash in comparison in my opinion.

Well, it's opinions :D

AgileYoda7
22-06-15, 17:17
I have a WeTek Play for long time now already, and I could only say that it did all that I expected. But best part is that I have been surprised with so many new features and ROMs that I can not even compare with others products. Well, don't get me wrong, Amazon Fire is an excellent product, but I'd not switch one for another.

Did any one already give a try on Lakka?

xixas86
22-06-15, 17:34
Yeah!

Lakka, i totally forgot about it

http://www.lakka.tv/get/linux/wtk/

Here you can use your PS3/Xbox360 controller to play emu games, n64, PSX, Genesis, NES, SNES

A lot of possibilities!
Need to try this ASAP!

rossi2000
22-06-15, 18:16
hmmm forgot about lakka and i have a spare small kabini box that would probably be ideal for lakka

Sicilian
23-06-15, 07:18
wetek are trash in comparison in my opinion.

Well that's your opinion which you are entitled too, imo the Wetek has far more options and possibilities that Fire TV does not have. All depends what the user wants, but the Wetek is far from 'trash' as you claim.

Going back to Rossi's question, the supplied remote from Wetek isn't ideal for gaming.