PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Signal Issues with Multiple Boxes

jimmyjoe
21-06-15, 21:20
Hi all - have a strange issue occurring on my set up.

I have a vu duo2 and two vu zeros set up to one quad lnb (not sure of the brand)

Previous to this I have the vu duo2 and two cheap clone boxes. My vu duo2 and one of the single tuners had no issues, however the one set up to my bedroom was causing issues.

Firstly I would loose signal on some stations, if i fiddled with the cable I might get some back. BBC and ITV were never affected.

Then I would no longer be able to get the stations back, and BBC and ITV would also lose signal. The only only way I would get these stations back would be to turn the vu duo2 (in my living room) on from standby. Again the sports and other stations wouldn't come back just the BBC and ITV.

I thought my issue was dodgey tuners in the clone boxes as my satellite guy came out and checked my signal and said it was fine, it must be the boxes.

I replaced the 2 clones with the vu zero and this appeared to solve the problem!

After a couple of weeks with the new zero the same issue has come back, lost some stations, and then the rest unless the vu duo2 is turned.

I have a feeling my cable to this box has a weaker signal but my installer said not.

Is there any chance the vu duo2 is interfering with the other connections, and is there some lnb power settings or something that I can change to solve this issue?? Has it potentially damaged the tuner in my zero with over power or something? Again my other vu zero seems to be working fine!!

Many thanks for any responses :)

judge
21-06-15, 21:27
Sounds like a flakey LNB or cables.

jimmyjoe
21-06-15, 21:32
Sounds like a flakey LNB or cables.

thanks judge.... turning on the other box is affecting it, is that not strange

adm
21-06-15, 22:49

What quality cable do you have in your set-up?

Old(ish) article so ignore pricing information, but it does show different quality of possible cables.

http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/articles/coax-cable-quality.shtml

Other info on cable

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/cable.htm

If a dodgy F plug then

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fplugs.htm

I don't agree with the use of grease shown in the article.

If older TV aerial cable has been used then there is a possibility of pick-up between leads. If the dish has been professionally installed by a reputable installer then the cable is probably OK. Also consider that the cable from a LNB to a wall plate may be OK but the fly-lead from the wall plate to the box may be of a lot lesser quality.

Guide price for a decent fully copper screened cable with a foam dielectric is around 50p metre.

DaMacFunkin
22-06-15, 09:15
I had this problem and loads of people said it must be a short on the cables but it was a new Technomate octo gold lnb causing the problem, swapped it out for a Zinwell (sky basic) octo and all was fine.

Larry-G
22-06-15, 15:46
I would have to agree, it sounds like a naff LNB to me, get your self a cheap sky octo LNB and try that, I have three of them my self and they work fine with all my boxes with zone 2 sky dishes.

jimmyjoe
22-06-15, 18:13
thanks for all the replies.... I am guessing its a bit of both... I am pretty sure if i disconnected all but the faulty one it would start working again.

I am guessing it is the LNB, but the problem room has poorer quality connection/cable therefore it feels the pain when multiple devices connected.

I was hoping that an enigma satellite power or configuration change would solve the issue as my dish is on the chimney...