PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-MISC] ABM: Combine Freesat with Saorview

dubrov
21-06-15, 21:14
I am using a Gigablue Quad Plus on Hades 012 and trying to get ABM working for a Republic of Ireland setup.
For me the optimal solution would be a combination of the local Terrestrial channels (Saorview) and Freesat.

I see that ABM in Hades v012 now caters for Saorview and I was successfully able to create the bouquets for both Saorview and Freesat.

The problem is when I configure ABM to create a bouquet containing all channels, it creates two bouquets called "All channels". The first has all Saorview channels and the second has all the Freesat ones.
What I really want is all the channels in a single "All channels" bouquet with the Saorview channels first.

Is there any way to do this or do I need to create a Favourites Bouquet and add them all there?

Thanks

judge
21-06-15, 21:21
Yes. Have a look at /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/README.txt for a solution on how to mix & match.

abu baniaz
21-06-15, 21:22
The "all channels" bouquet is per provider. If you have two providers, you will have tw o of them. That bouquet is toggled by the create main bouquet option.

If youwant to make on boquet with a mix match, have a look at http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45828-CustomLCN-CustomMix-Favourites-List-Simple-favourites-list

You want to look at the favourites feature

dubrov
21-06-15, 21:48
Thanks guys. It looks like the functionality is there but I will have to do some manual file editing.

abu baniaz
21-06-15, 22:01
Have a look at this excel file, it may assist with your task. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?46328-Replace-channels-in-main-bouquet&p=360694&viewfull=1#post360694

One you have done it, you dont have to worry about teh changes, your bouquets will stay the same. A twaek here and there will be needed when new cahannels come up. Feel free to share your favourite.xml when you have finished.

dubrov
21-06-15, 22:56
After a quick read, it looks like the easiest solution for me is a combination of CustomLCN and CustomMix.
I will edit sat_282_freesat.xml and add the following to the <sections> area:
<section number="1">Saorview</section>

Then I need to create sat_282_freesat_CustomMix.xml with the following xml:

<custommix>
<inserts>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="1" target="1"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="2" target="2"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="3" target="3"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="4" target="4"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="5" target="5"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="6" target="6"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="7" target="7"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="11" target="8"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="21" target="9"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="23" target="10"></insert>
</inserts>
</custommix>

If I understand correctly, enabling the "Create main bouquet" option for Freesat will then add the Saorview channels I need to 1-10 in an "All channels list".
I will give it a go next weekend

abu baniaz
22-06-15, 01:14
Glad it made sense.

Only thing to add to your post....
The All Channels option is not essential, it is optional. This is because you will create a section starting at 1.

judge
22-06-15, 03:01
Using a favourites.xml here. Works well with a mix & match Saorview & UK channels.

<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="1" target="1"></insert> <!-- rte1 hd -->
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="11" target="2"></insert> <!-- rte1 +1 -->
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="2" target="3"></insert> <!-- rte2 hd -->
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="3" target="4"></insert> <!-- tv3 -->
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="5" target="5"></insert> <!-- 3e-->
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="6" target="6"></insert> <!-- utv ireland -->
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="4" target="7"></insert> <!-- tg4 -->

Using 1 to 100 as a favourite type bouquet while still keeping SKY numbering for all channels.

Joe_90
22-06-15, 11:06
I've done similar using a combination of custom mix and also custom lcn with SKY and Saorview. Have kept all the Saorview numbering as is and added in some kids channels from the SKY bouquet after 50. We have the grandkids here once a week and it makes it easy to spot the additional channels in between the Saorview channels and the start of the SKY bouquet at 101

<custom>
<include>yes</include>
<lcnlist>
<configuration lcn="50" channelnumber="624" description="CBeebies HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="51" channelnumber="633" description="CBBC HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="52" channelnumber="616" description="POP"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="53" channelnumber="617" description="Tiny Pop"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="54" channelnumber="629" description="POP+1"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="55" channelnumber="625" description="Tiny Pop +1"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="101" channelnumber="101" description="BBC One NI"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="102" channelnumber="102" description="BBC Two NI"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="103" channelnumber="103" description="UTV"></configuration>....

@abu - I assume that sat_282_freesat.xml (or sat_282_sky_uk.xml) which we have edited to create a new section starting at 1 would be overwritten in a normal re-flash and that we should keep a copy to restore (same as the custom xmls)?

abu baniaz
22-06-15, 14:56
@abu - I assume that sat_282_freesat.xml (or sat_282_sky_uk.xml) which we have edited to create a new section starting at 1 would be overwritten in a normal re-flash and that we should keep a copy to restore (same as the custom xmls)?
I honestly thought he would have gone the favourites route. But the options are many. The simple favourites options is equally valid and actually better.

Yes, you are right. Any "system updates" would overwrite the one on receiver. So best to rename the xml to something else and use adiffernt provider name. It won't be touched then. Always good to save.

Xml name:sat_282_dubrov.xml
Custom Mix filename:sat_282_dubrov_CustomMix.xml

So that provider names do not clash, change provider name to something like

<provider>
<name>Dubrov</name>
<streamtype>dvbs</streamtype>
<protocol>freesat</protocol>
<transponder

dubrov
23-06-15, 17:11
Thanks abu. I will create a new provider xml to avoid the data being overwitten.

I see the Sky uk provider seems to be more popular that Freesat.
Are there any advantages to the Sky UK provider apart from maintaining Sky numbering?
I would be using FTA only and thought Sky UK would then have gaps in the numbering.

abu baniaz
23-06-15, 18:34
There are some chanenls on Sky that are not on Freesat.

Huevos
24-06-15, 01:03
No need to edit provider file. From Build 014 do as follows:

sat_282_freesat_CustomMix.xml:

<custommix>
<sections>
<section number="1">Saorview</section>
</sections>
<inserts>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="1" target="1"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="2" target="2"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="3" target="3"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="4" target="4"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="5" target="5"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="6" target="6"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="7" target="7"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="11" target="8"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="21" target="9"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="23" target="10"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="8" target="11"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="9" target="12"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="10" target="13"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="12" target="14"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="13" target="15"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="14" target="16"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="15" target="17"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="16" target="18"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="17" target="19"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="18" target="20"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="19" target="21"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="20" target="22"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="22" target="23"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="24" target="24"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="25" target="25"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="26" target="26"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="27" target="27"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="28" target="28"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="29" target="29"></insert>
<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="30" target="30"></insert>
</inserts>
</custommix>Also, add some extra channels to 30 (or how ever many you like) and any new channels will automatically appear, after all, the whole point of ABM doing a regular scan is to catch and display all new channels.

@Fat-Tony, not sure why you would want "a combination of CustomMix and also CustomLCN". Just use CustomMix.

Joe_90
24-06-15, 09:11
No need to edit provider file. From Build 014 do as follows:

Also, add some extra channels to 30 (or how ever many you like) and any new channels will automatically appear, after all, the whole point of ABM doing a regular scan is to catch and display all new channels.

@Fat-Tony, not sure why you would want "a combination of CustomMix and also CustomLCN". Just use CustomMix.

I may have misinterpreted the readme / instructions pertaining to the new features as I am using CustomMix to add Saorview channels to the SKY bouquet and also CustomLCN to move channels within the SKY bouquet to the under 100 mark (in the new section starting at 1). I didn't realise that I could use CustomMix to shift LCNs within the bouquet, but of course it's obvious when you look at it that you can use any provider! It's also good to see that you can add the section number in the CustomMix file now, instead of editing the provider file. Ambassador, you are spoiling us with all these choices :cool:

In theory, 30 channels should be enough for Saorview(TV) for the time being as the published LCN map from RTE/2RN only shows general entertainment and timeshift channels from 1 - 20 and News and Info channels from 21 -30.

dubrov
24-06-15, 12:28
Great news Huevos.

Are there any plans to automate this process in the GUI?
Maybe when Freesat (or Sky_UK) is selected as a provider, an additional custom option could be selectable.
The user could then select "Saorview" and the relevant transmitter.

Almost all Irish users are looking for a Sky/Freesat and Saorview bouquet setup.
I think this addition could make ABM appeal to the masses in Ireland.

abu baniaz
24-06-15, 16:58
It is very unlikley that this will be automated. Not everyone who uses the Freesat uses Saorview. Surely it is easy enough to transfer one file.

I hope you dont mind, I will retitle thread from "ABM in the Republic of IReland" to "ABM: Combine Freesat with Saorview"

dubrov
24-06-15, 18:28
It is very unlikley that this will be automated. Not everyone who uses the Freesat uses Saorview. Surely it is easy enough to transfer one file.

I hope you dont mind, I will retitle thread from "ABM in the Republic of Ireland" to "ABM: Combine Freesat with Saorview"

I agree the new thread title makes a lot more sense.

I have no problem uploading a single file and am just glad the functionality exists.
I was just thinking of the non-technical user that can't/doesn't want to mess with transferring files or re-tuning channels.
In Ireland, the TV market is dominated by pay-tv with Sky and UPC even though free channels (Freesat/Sky_FTA and Saorview) make up the large majority of the audience.
In order to compete with Sky/UPC, the image needs be easy to setup and require no maintenance.

I think the latest version of ABM combined with CrossEPG almost gets there (for Irish users anyway).

Thanks for all your help and all the work that is being done is much appreciated.

mcquaim
11-07-15, 18:02
I have been trying to get my head around this today but I'm not just getting the setup that I would like but perhaps it is not possible..

What I have ABM generating for me is Sky IRL, Saorview & Freeview bouquets. For Sky IRL I have the Generate Main bouquet as Yes (Custom) and the custom bouquet set as Favourites (TV). I then manually add channels from Sky, Saorview & Freeview into this bouquet and all is good.

I thought today I'd finally get around to trying to automate this but I'm just not getting the results I require.

favourites.xml
If I go down this route then I am able to get ABM to produce a custom bouquet and it is correctly placed as the top bouquet. I can even get it to break up the list into sections which is cool but the problem with using this method is that the subsequent bouquet numbering gets messed up. Entertainment starts at 1001 etc. Is it possible to stop ABM from pushing down the subsequent channel numbers?

CustomMix.xml
If I go down this route then I can only get it to add channels at position 1, 2, 3 etc. is if I have the ABM setting Generate Main bouquet set to Yes. Again, if I have the Generate Main bouquet set to Yes then this works great and I can even add in sub sections (position 1, position 20, position 30 etc.). Can I however have the new section appear in the bouquet list if the Generate Main Bouquet is No or can I have them added to my Custom Bouquet e.g. Favourites (TV)?

All in all this is brilliant work lads in the flexibility you have given users but it's just not yet 100% what I would like but its more than likely that I just don't know what I'm doing :o

Huevos
11-07-15, 21:43
What exactly do you want to generate. As much info as possible. Soarview as first bouquet? Channel numbers starting at 1? And then Entertainment with numbers from 101?

mcquaim
11-07-15, 22:39
Basically what the favourites.xml does but that the subsequent bouquet numbering doesn't get affected, Entertainment remains at 101.

With favourites.xml it's seems to put aside the first 1000 numbers?

abu baniaz
11-07-15, 22:42
Also, please confirm you still want the E2 version of favourites to be first in your provider as well as also having the ABM favorites else where.

What position have you given ABM favourites? Attac

mcquaim
11-07-15, 23:07
It doesn't really matter if I use the E2 favourites or a custom favourites bouquet that is placed as the first bouquet!

I have until now always had the E2 Favourites bouquet as the custom main bouquet with a mix of Sky, Soarview and Freeview so a similar setup if possible would be great.

I can achieve pretty much this with using the favourites.xml method except it then forces all the subsequent bouquets to start at 1001..

Huevos
11-07-15, 23:59
Scan Sky-ROI and Saorview.

In Sky-ROI set "make main bouquet" to "no". Sections to "yes".

In Saorview set scan to "yes", but switch off all bouquets.

Put attached file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom

The reason Saorview goes to 30 is to allow any new channels to be added automatically.

BTW, BBC RB needs sorting out in Sky-ROI.

mcquaim
12-07-15, 01:39
That file with those settings doesn't do anything I'm afraid. That was similar to how I'd my own XML set up earlier on without any luck.

If I turn on the make main bouquet then it adds the Saorview channels at the beginning and Entertainment within the main bouquet starts at 101. The actual Entertainment bouquet then begins at number 1035..

Huevos
12-07-15, 04:27
That file with those settings doesn't do anything I'm afraid.This is a bug. Will sort it out as soon as I get a minute.

mcquaim
12-07-15, 09:50
This is a bug. Will sort it out as soon as I get a minute.

No worries or panic, whenever you get a chance :thumbsup:

Huevos
12-07-15, 10:46
Use the attached files and follow the instructions in post #23.

mcquaim
12-07-15, 10:58

That was quick, legend as always!!

Will let you know how it goes shortly!

mcquaim
12-07-15, 11:21

Perfect, exactly what I was after :thumbsup:

I was doing a bit of messing with the custom mix xml and added several sections, 1 - Saorview, 10 - Freeview, 20 - Sky. Any way to have the sections within 1 bouquet? I'm being fussy now I know, sorry...

Edit..

It's actually not sections I'm after really, more markers but that isn't important.. It's perfect as it is and working as it should IMO!!

Huevos
12-07-15, 11:41
Any way to have the sections within 1 bouquet?No, because a section and a marker is the same thing. To be able to do what you are asking would require sub-sections.