PDA

View Full Version : TM-Nanao-SE or VU+ Zero

macaz
21-06-15, 17:56
Hi
I'm looking to buy a new single sat Enigma2 receiver. Can anyone advise what I'd be best spending my money on either a TM-Nano-SE or VU+ Zero?
Many thanks
macaz

abu baniaz
21-06-15, 18:08
They are both very good receivers.

The Nano-SE looks brilliant in the brushed aluminium effect. It does not have an AV output port though.

Andy_Hazza
21-06-15, 18:15
And the Vu+ has the best remote ever!! Decisions Decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macaz
21-06-15, 18:19
Thanks for that abu baniaz.
I've currently got Technomate receivers and currently using the much maligned TM-800HD but love their looks and build quality. plus the TM-Nano is a good price from the sponsors.
Many thanks :)

macaz
21-06-15, 18:21
Thanks Andy_Hazza
Yikes can't decide
Many thanks

macaz
21-06-15, 18:22
Aghhh decisions decisions

john doe
21-06-15, 19:15
zero zero zero zero zero. all day long :D

macaz
21-06-15, 20:36
I'm totally split sorry. Thanks john doe and is this based on you having a zero? I'd really appreciate any more opinions before buying.
Thank you

abu baniaz
21-06-15, 20:51
Flick a coin.

macaz
21-06-15, 22:10
I honestly think I'm gonna have to flick a coin. I've got a couple of days to decide because I'm off work from Wednesday evening and I'd like to have 'whichever' delivered on Thursday. Eeeeks :confused:

Walt
22-06-15, 12:09
I have 2 zeros, great receivers. I was very pleased when the decision not to offer a vix image was reversed. As Andy says, the remote is superb and let's face it, that's what matters the most as it's the main part of it that you'll interact with.

abu baniaz
22-06-15, 14:43
The new TM remotes have 10 "glow in the dark" buttons.

john doe
22-06-15, 17:05
I'm totally split sorry. Thanks john doe and is this based on you having a zero? I'd really appreciate any more opinions before buying.
Thank you

yes it based on me having one and is linked to my solo2 network.

s1m0nw
23-06-15, 11:31
I was looking at these two boxes a whike back and decided on the nano. Compared both and seen the nano is slightly faster but other than that its identical apart from the difference in drivers but every box out has had driver issues.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

robsunited
23-06-15, 12:25
I have the Nano and find it a very reliable performer. Any issues I've had have been easy to sort, and probably much the same issues arise with most types of box anyway, some of which have just come down to some over eager over tinkering by me :p

macaz
23-06-15, 20:55
Absolutely many thanks for all of your opinions. I think it's going to be Zero Zero Zero Zero :eek:

Andy_Hazza
23-06-15, 23:30
Absolutely many thanks for all of your opinions. I think it's going to be Zero Zero Zero Zero :eek:

Good choice imo, you'll love the Vu+ remote also!! [emoji106]🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sicilian
24-06-15, 10:42
My preference would be the Nano-SE or Nano-SE Combo, remote is decent enough, although feels a little light. I've prefer the metal chassis/case/front panel of the Nano-SE compared to the Zero.

robsunited
24-06-15, 12:13
I would second that re the Nano SE. In relation to the remote, I mapped the buttons to my Logitech Harmony remote and it works a treat.

macaz
25-06-15, 14:30
I've just ordered the Zero from our sponsor. I'll soon be buying a second receiver to replace my other box and may well go for the Nano-SE for that one.
Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

macaz
27-06-15, 14:04
Yay it arrived last night. I'm gonna have a scout around on the VU+ section for the tutorials and hopefully setup/install later.
Thanks again

abu baniaz
27-06-15, 15:44
Yay it arrived last night. I'm gonna have a scout around on the VU+ section for the tutorials and hopefully setup/install later.
Thanks again
Image items should be in the image support section. Most things are the same whichever receiver you use.