PDA

View Full Version : [TM-NANO-2-SUPER] Blackouts on tm nano 2 super receiver

Scouseandy
21-06-15, 15:35
Hi all

Newbie to the game - I bought a tm nano 2 super receiver - it has hades openvix software on and mgcamd softcam - since setting the box up - the problem I'm having is that the box seems to go to a blank screen - like a blackout would - the box light stays on but unable to navigate the box anymore until I switch the box off at the plug then restart the box - all is well for around an hr then it happens again - I have tried to increase the fan speed - that has not helped the situation either - can anyone help! Thanks

jasper1974
21-06-15, 16:55
Hi check the fan speed is actually increasing as the fans on these are known to be troublesome and fail. this will lead to the system over heating and doing as discribed

If it is failing just call technomate and they will send out a free replacement fan

abu baniaz
21-06-15, 18:10
Have a look at your mg_cfg file. What is the logging option set to?

Scouseandy
21-06-15, 18:55
Hi check the fan speed is actually increasing as the fans on these are known to be troublesome and fail. this will lead to the system over heating and doing as discribed

If it is failing just call technomate and they will send out a free replacement fan

Thanks - I've checked that and the fan increases and decreases in speed properly - any other ideas? Thanks again

Scouseandy
21-06-15, 18:57
Hi - I will check that as soon as I can mate and get back to you - cheers

abu baniaz
21-06-15, 20:33
Double check that the HDMI cable is connected properly.

abu baniaz
21-06-15, 20:48
Please test as follows:
Flash Hades 012 fresh.
Do not add any other plugins to it.
Run as FTA only for 24 hours.

If it still blacks out, post back

Larry-G
22-06-15, 16:20
Hi check the fan speed is actually increasing as the fans on these are known to be troublesome and fail.

They must use the cheapest fans available as I have had three of them fail on me in my nano 2 super, which is a rite pain in the arse, especially as it's one of my favourite receivers. A better quality fan installed as standard by TM in the factory would be very much appreciated.