PDA

View Full Version : Diseqc settings for t90 multi lnb dish

afterburn
21-06-15, 12:15
I have bought one of these dishes and 5 lnbs and a 10 to 1 diseqc switch. Is their a tutorial anywhere for settings on the box. . I'm not just ready to tackle it yet but I would like to print off any instructions on this topic.
Thanks.

Huevos
21-06-15, 15:47
10:1 switch is diseqc 1.1. So in your tuner config use advanced, select diseqc level = 1.1, and inputs 1-10 to access the lnbs connected to yiur switch.

JanHJ
21-06-15, 17:23
This site is useful for adjusting the dish.
http://www.satlex.us/en/wavefrontier_calc.html

afterburn
28-06-15, 18:48
I need some help in setting up a 10 in 1 switch up . What do i need to enter here. I have a fixed dish with 5 lnbs going to a 10 in 1 switch. Do I scan for the channels before or after I set this up? The only video tutorials i can come across are not in English so aren't much help. Any help as ever much appreciated.

fintannl
28-06-15, 20:10
I am open to be corrected on this for starters. You have a fixed dish pointed in a certain direction. You have 5 lnbs connected to this dish that are slightly offset from each other to take in five different satellites. This is fed into the switch which then runs one coax down to your TV box (you do not specify the type of TV receiver you have). First up is you can only setup 4 fixed points on a traditional TV box. So having 5 different positions is irrelevant, you can only program 4 positions into your receiver. To do so you go menu setup service searching configuration and set mode to diseqc a/b/c/d and define the satellites on port a thru d. Then you scan them

judge
28-06-15, 21:16
you can only program 4 positions into your receiver.
Not true .

abu baniaz
28-06-15, 21:17
You asked in this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?46460-Diseqc-settings-for-t90-multi-lnb-dish

You need to be in diseqc 1.1 mode. Your screenshot shows you as being in 1.0, this is why you are limited to 4 ports at the moment.

I will merge the threads later and move to the image support section.

afterburn
28-06-15, 21:18
I am feeding these into a miraclebox mini. The switch i have states Disqec 1.0 or 2.0 (Diseqc A,B,C,D max 4 lnb)
Diseqc 1.1 or 2.1 (uncommitted or cascaded switch commands, max 10 lnbs) and several other options which says I.
can have 10 lnbs.????????????????????????????????????????????? :confused:

afterburn
28-06-15, 21:21
OK thanks abu. the screenshot I posted were the default options on my box. I hadn't done anything at that stage. I need to know what selections to make for each option if anyone could help.

abu baniaz
28-06-15, 21:22
List the satellite to which your LNBs are pointing. State which ports they are connected to.

EDIT: Change to 1.1 and things should be self explanatory.

afterburn
28-06-15, 21:24
28.2E port 1
19.2E port 2
16.0E port 3
13E port 4
7E port 5

afterburn
28-06-15, 21:32
List the satellite to which your LNBs are pointing. State which ports they are connected to.

EDIT: Change to 1.1 and things should be self explanatory.

If you could post the correct options for Lnb1 I would be most grateful. I Think I could work it out from there.

abu baniaz
28-06-15, 21:58
You have have 5 LNBs pointing at 5 sats. Here are screenshots for 1 and 5. You can extrapolate for the ones in the middle.

afterburn
28-06-15, 22:12
Thanks very much. Really appreciate the help.:thumbsup:

abu baniaz
28-06-15, 22:15
Can you write up a step by step guide for others please?

afterburn
28-06-15, 22:32
Yes. I'm not going to tackle it until tomorrow so hopefully when all's up and running I'll write a guide.:thumbsup:

Talks
31-10-18, 10:59
Hi abu baniaz,
First i want to thank you for the screen shots they helped me to do the advanced setting on my receiver with openatv 6.2 almost the same as yours with my image.
Avanced settings are as your screen shots as Lnb1 input1 and so on till i did all mine as nine lnbs so last one was set to Lnb9 input9 rest of the setting are as your screen shot post.

What i did to set up the T90 WaveFrontier Dish.

Step 1,
I first took the settings of my area using the http://www.satlex.us/en/wavefrontier_calc.html which is very easy to use and workout the positions.

Step 2, Skew back plate on my T90 Wavefrontier to my location mine said 96 on the dial marker & the elevation angel of the dish tilt to 29.53 as best as i could.

Step 3, My central Imaginary position would be 11.6e, So I went for 13e hotbird lined to the left of the lnb carrier as L - 1.5 from the 0 shown on the lnbs scale bar.

Step 4, I then played with 13e and the dish useing a satfinder meter to get the best signal posible then tweaked the three screws to lock the lnb on the bar, Once i did that then i made that as my starting point to sort out the rest of the lnb's.

Step 5, I then fitted a lnb to 28.2e which shown as L - 17.3 and then used the satfinder to get the best signal possible just scewing the lnb L/R in out ect ect till i could see which signal was best as possible & locked the lnb with the three screws.

Step 6, I then fitted a Lnb to 5w which shown as R - 17.8 and then used the satfinder to get the best signal possible just scewing the lnb L/R in out ect ect till i could see which signal was best as possible & locked the lnb with the three screws.

Step 7, I then tested all three Lnb's to make shure the scew & elevation were as good as it gets I found it was not bad at all with signal strength's on the satfinder so i then tested the three lnb's on the receiver and found i did get all three satellites 28.2e, 13e, 5w, so happy with getting the three sats.

Step 8, I then fitted another six lnbs to the scaled lnb bar and set each lnb up to the satfinder again till i got the best signals and then locked them with the three screws.

For my setup satellites as follows, Astra 28.2e, Eutelsat 23.5e, Astra 19.2e, Eutelsat 16.0e, Eutelsat 13.0e, Eurobird 9.0e, Astra/4 4.8e, Thor 0.8w, Eutelsat 5w. All told nine satellites.

Hope this will help others the setup a T90 WaveFrontier dish.

Regards, Talks.