PDA

View Full Version : Connecting to box via mobile

jasper1974
20-06-15, 19:55
Hi guys sorry if this has been discussed before but I cant find an answer to my problem.

I have a iPhone and went out today and then realised i had forgotten to set up a timer to record something so now i am
wondering if there is any app or any other way to connect to my box from my mobile and bring up the webif when im out so I can
access the EPG and set up a recording.

I have a DNS server setup already for my home security cameras and so think connecting via this somehow is probably the answer but
for the life of me I can figure out how to do it.

simono5
20-06-15, 21:30
Forward a port to your box.
Configure webif to user that port (think default is 80)
Type DNS: portnumber into your iphone and away you go.

You'll need to change default password on root to access your box.

jasper1974
21-06-15, 00:24
Forward a port to your box.
Configure webif to user that port (think default is 80)
Type DNS: portnumber into your iphone and away you go.

You'll need to change default password on root to access your box.

Your a star man thanks so much didn't have to change password just changed the port and done the dns:port and all works great

judge
21-06-15, 00:56
Your a star man thanks so much didn't have to change password just changed the port and done the dns:port and all works great
and will soon be hacked...
doing this is not advisable.

jasper1974
21-06-15, 00:58
and will soon be hacked...
doing this is not advisable.

Hi Judge

at moment box does not have a password and I have no idea how to add a password to it if this is the problem could you please tell me how to add a password or is it just unsafe full stop

judge
21-06-15, 01:09
It's just unsafe full stop.
If you need to access the box from outside your home network, you should probably be looking on network sites for VPN solutions.

jasper1974
21-06-15, 01:25
Thanks Judge

I have seen the openvpn in the network settings but what else do I need and how do I set this up as its only for the occasional forgotten recording at the moment I don't really want to be paying much

judge
21-06-15, 02:40
I have seen the openvpn in the network settings but what else do I need and how do I set this up as its only for the occasional forgotten recording at the moment I don't really want to be paying much
A VPN should be terminated at the point of entry, not at an E2 box on that network.
Using an E2 plugin would be no solution for any other devices on your network.
No need to pay in £ for a VPN option, just time researching on network sites.
It's really not an E2/Image/ViX issue & E2 was never created with security in mind, you router/modem should be designed for that.

femilovechild
25-06-15, 06:41
To change password, telnet into the box, type "passwd", type your new password, and retype to confirm. Job done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk