PDA

View Full Version : need to buy a new box r 2

bigphil75
19-06-15, 22:49
hi
just bought a tm twin off wos to replace an old tm 800 that went faulty. i like the box very much and am thinking of replacing all the boxes in my house for these. im wondering if there is much difference between these and the nano r the nano super. i only have single feeds coming to each of the spare rooms(including the room the tm twin is in). i currently have a vu duo(main room) vu solo(sun room) tm twin (new) , tm500 tm600 and 3 dm500 clones (bedrooms). in the rest of the boxes i dont need rf out. just would like someone opinion if the have any of these boxes and if any of them are worth the extra doe. ps i have 2 broken tm800s they flash ok and turn on and boot ok but dont think they send voltage to the lnb tried swapping the boards about but still no joy if anyone wants them for the price of p+p they can have them ... if any of the mods on this site want them i'll pay the p+p might be an easy fix for someone (only 1 remote for the two boxes)

electrocop
20-06-15, 00:07
Hi, I might be interested in the two old TM800s if you can come up with a postage price. I suspect the mods may want this done in the open in a separate thread in the trading area(?), otherwise you could PM me the cost and i'll PayPal you.

abu baniaz
20-06-15, 01:02
Personally, if you are spending around 150, I would not buy a receiver using the 7335 CPU. They are quite old. Look at the 7356 range of receivers. The 3T combo is worth the little bit extra compared to the Nano 2 super owing to the extra tuner.

I would not automatically deduce your TM800 are faulty. Some Sky LNBs struggle when more than one receiver is connected to them. This could be the issue.

If you are happy with just watching TV in the bedroom and there is no need for plugins, flash Commando 15.1 on your DM500 receivers, you will have Autobouquets and EPG. As you have mentioned that they are clones, forum rules mean we cannot discuss them here.

If you want a new E2 receiver, The Nano-SE is quite good. With the remote sensor, you can tuck them away. They only have HDMI output. Vu Zero has more images supporting it.

tappari
20-06-15, 08:05
I would recommend VU+ Solo SE V2.

bigphil75
20-06-15, 08:23
thanks for your quick responses. i think i will probably try the 3t. the tm800s are definatly broke tried them both on a single dish. i think i'll give commando a whirl as well.

thanks again for your help

Sicilian
20-06-15, 08:27
Nano-3T is a good choice http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Technomate-Linux-HD-Receivers/Technomate-TM-Nano-3T-COMBO-Enigma-2-HD-Receiver-PVR

tappari
20-06-15, 09:01
Not bad this VU+ solo SE V2:
VU+ Solo SE V2 Full HD 1080p Linux Dual Receiver White

Tuner: 1x DVB-C/T2 Dual Cable Tuner 1 199,00 EUR
Paypal Fee +2.90% 1 5,77 EUR
UPS Europe 1 24,90 EUR
including 19% VAT.: 36,67 EUR
Gesamtsumme: 229,67 EUR
Ordered from XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Fast and reliable box and VU+ quality. My box with dual C/T2 tuner, but also can be dual S2 tuner having same pice.

bigphil75
23-06-15, 21:09
Cheers sicilian just bought a 3t nano there now i'll let you know how i get on. Cheers for everyones help