PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ duo box not starting up

carolwat
19-06-15, 21:58
I have tried to update my cross epg tonight which sometimes crashes whilst doing so and did again tonight so ive restarted the box only it wont start up. Its trying to but then a load of text comes on the screen which doesnt stay on long enough to read but it says the receiver has encountered a software problem and will be restarted in 19 seconds. Theres lots more underneath but no time to read it all. Its just stuck in a loop doing this. Please help.

Ive tried switching the whole box off and on again but its still the same.

abu baniaz
19-06-15, 22:05
Most probably your internal flash memory is full. Might be easier to flash fresh and start again

carolwat
19-06-15, 22:19
I did a google search after posting and after calming down a bit and breathing normally again lol I have put a new image on a usb stick and it is currently doing its stuff. Do I sound like I know what im talking about because im really trying to convince myself I havnt killed my lovely vu. :confused:

judge
19-06-15, 22:32
Do I sound like I know what im talking about because im really trying to convince myself I havnt killed my lovely vu. :confused:

Pretty hard to kill it. As Abu says above, more than likely your flash just filled up.

carolwat
19-06-15, 22:34
Ive got it going again, phew :thumbsup:

abu baniaz
20-06-15, 01:09
Glad you are sorted. For future reference, please note the following:

It is best to use the image support section for image issues as problems/solutions are usually the same irrespective of receiver. It also helps others searching for the same issue although they may have another receiver.

Please read the thread in link below which explains things better.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

No harm has been done, no need to apologise. Please bear in mind for future support questions.