PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo SE] Movies button makes Enigma 2 crash/reboot

Phendra
19-06-15, 10:56
Hi, I am not a whizz at this so need some help please. When I press the button next to menu "movies/recoded button" my enigma 2 crashes and reboots. I have the log here.
I have searched for hours for the answer. If an update will solve this please can someone point me in the direction of a beginners guide to do this and what needs backing up.43391

thankyou if you can help

judge
19-06-15, 11:06
Try removing XMBCAddons.

Trial
19-06-15, 11:28
Hi,
btw XBMCaddons is old it is now called Kodi direct.

ciao

Phendra
19-06-15, 11:35
thanks for quick reply. I have no clue what xbmc addons is all about, I removed it and it still crashes, i read somewhere(online) that it might be trying to read a file that doesn't exist... instead of hdd/media/movies, does this sound correct? Just to remind you i am no expert- more like a beginner so go easy with me. thanks

Phendra
19-06-15, 11:51
thankyou for your help. I have found a temp fix which will work for me for now. Any chance you could direct me to a thread/site that gives easy step by step instructions to update all software etc and how to back-up so i don't lose all my channels ?

thanks

judge
19-06-15, 12:54
Have a read of the ViX manual & other guides available on http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=%2A%2A%2AGuides%20and%20Tutorials%2A %2A%2A/
Creating a backup now will backup your current issus too, better off to start with a fresh flash.