PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] More timing woes

simono5
18-06-15, 23:51
Hi, I've got the following Auto Timers set to run as Timers on Sunday;
9pm Jonathan Strange & Mr Normal
9pm Black Work

Both are correctly shown in the EPG with padding 3 minutes before and 5 after.

I also want to set an Auto Timer for Humans on Ch4+1 starting at 10pm.

This gets flagged as a conflict I guess because of the padding. So I've edited the Timers and removed the end padding on each of the 9pm starts so they finish at 9:59pm.

I hoped this would allow me to set the Auto Timer for Humans but for the life of me I can't get it to work.

Interestingly I find that when I exit the EPG and then go back in the end padding that I removed on the 9pm starts is added back in. Maybe this is why I can't set Humans to record.

Is the padding being re-added a bug? and has anyone got any advise for recording concurrent programmes please?

Hope the above makes sense, thanks for your help.

judge
19-06-15, 00:21
You need to remove the padding from the autotimer (long press green), not the timer set by the autotimers.

simono5
19-06-15, 20:34
So I've changed the AT for Jonathan Strange & Mr Normal and Black Work to start at 21:00 and end at 21:59.

Added an AT for Humans to start at 10:00.

The timer is still not showing in the EPG for Humans.

birdman
20-06-15, 19:21
Are you getting as pop-up message about clashes?

simono5
20-06-15, 19:33
Yes, says one clash but for the life of me I can't work out how to address it

birdman
20-06-15, 21:55
Yes, says one clash but for the life of me I can't work out how to address itOK. So it is a clash, not something stopping it trying to set a timer at all.

Did you delete the two original timers (so they get recreated) or adjust (at least one of) the end times. If not then the originally set timers will still be in place and so still have their original end-padding, which would be causing a clash.

Changing an auto-timers won't change any timers which have already been set by it (at least not in my experience).

LbCwby
21-06-15, 15:14
Hi Simono,

You also mentioned you have a padding of 3minutes before the program.
I think that is where your conflict comes from.
Though you set the timers back to 21.59, your Humans timer (if the padding setting if fixed in automtimer setup) will want to start at 21.57, but there are already 2 timers running.
Furthermore, what Judge also said, if you only change the times in the normal Timer, the Autotimer (with padding 3 and 5 min) will overwrite your changes everytime it checks the Timers.

Good luck

simono5
21-06-15, 18:35
Thank you all for your help. I think I've got it sorted. After much clicking, deleting of timers and changing start/end padding I think I'm now there!

Would be gutted if Humans didn't record, really enjoyed it last week! But also looking forward to Black Work!