PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Recordings freezing then spinning vix

kevdoc
18-06-15, 23:03
Hi ive run into a very frustrating problem with my media. recordings or movies ive ftp'd to the box just point blank refuse to play. it all started after i got stuck in a crash boot loop, cannot remember exactly what happened to cause the boot loop and i new the only way to fix it was to restore without settings. i thought while i was having to do it anyway then i may aswell upgrade to hades build. apon flashing 004 was when i noticed the problem with the media. i first thought it could be a bug with such an early version so i checked out the forum, nothing noted. i thought thehdd might have got corrupted so i formatted it completly, still the same. i then went back to apollo 166 where the problem persists. ive connected the hdd to windows to run diagnostics and the drive seems fine. i formatted it again to ext4 and put it back in box. restored box to factory settings, so ive had a clean hard drive and a clean setup. when i record something to try it out i still have the problem. after about 20secs the video just freezes. i can press 3 button to skip foward abit and it will play for few secs then freeeze again. if i pres stop to exit all i get it spinning vix and i need reboot box. im completly done trying to get it to work. only thing i havent tried was a different hdd because i dont have another 1. has anybody experianced this or have any ideas of things i coukd try.

john doe
19-06-15, 07:50
i have same issue before. I noticed that the files were corrupt. to solve this I deleted and ftp over gain and seems fine,

kevdoc
19-06-15, 10:25
Which files are you talking about? I've done a factory reset of the box which should wipe internal storage and at the same time I've formatted HDD. Corrupt files was the first thing i thought of which is why i done that. In my case after doing so their shouldn't be any corrupt files there. Any files that come with the image should be default and the HDD empty which is the case

john doe
19-06-15, 10:38
if you formatted the HDD then yes, corrupt files should be deleted. so yes I would upgrade to hades 12. you should have no issues with playing recordings or ftpd movies, this also depends on what setup you have( ccam etc) and the internet connection could play a role.

kevdoc
19-06-15, 12:53
Internet's fine. Its wired into 150mb cable connection. I have gigablue quad and I believe there's driver issues with hades that gigablue haven't addressed yet. That's why I went back to Apollo. I was advised on another threat to stick to hades 4 untill gigablue release drivers. Tho the problem persisted with hades 4

kevdoc
19-06-15, 21:18
Also i don't think the cam is relevant. I've tried recording FTA and I still have the problem with playback. Anybody else any ideas

ArowonA
19-06-15, 22:43
I'm new to these boxes, but know a little bit about IT and it sounds like a disk or cable (USB) problem, I know you said you don't have another harddisk, but do you have a memory stick you could test it with, you could also try telneting / ssh'ing to the box and running
tail -f /var/log/messages and then start recording to see if you get an error, if not press [CTRL] + C and then run 'dmesg' to see if that gives any errors.

kevdoc
19-06-15, 22:48
Thanks. I will give that a try and report back my results. Yes I do have a memory stick I could use. The thought never even crossed my mind lol

kevdoc
20-06-15, 21:08
This the sort of information I'm getting when I replicate the problem I'm having.