PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Remote control not working in Hades 012

SkyFan
18-06-15, 15:12
Ever since I upgraded to Apollo 113 my remote has stopped working. I put the Hades 012 image on a flash drive and I'm trying to install that image but the remote still won't work. What do I do? The batteries haven't run out as I can sometimes see the "received" flash on the receiver when I press a button on the remote.

I haven't reprogrammed the remote or anthing and this is an official receiver.

lincsat
18-06-15, 16:24
You can flash an image using the remote on the Web Interface. I would check the remote code on the box and reset the code on the remote to match, just in case.

SkyFan
18-06-15, 16:27
I would check the remote code on the box and reset the code on the remote to match, just in case.

Thanks. How do you do that?

lincsat
18-06-15, 17:43
What part, use the remote on the Web Interface? Just go to the Web Interface on your browser and use the remote on the Left hand side of the page.

SkyFan
18-06-15, 17:46
The part I quoted!:
I would check the remote code on the box and reset the code on the remote to match, just in case.

How do I do that?

lincsat
18-06-15, 23:00
I'm sure the instruction book would have the details.

The remote code is in the system menu and is 2 by default. When you change it you get prompted with the method to change on the RCU. Press 2 & 7 until LED is solid, then press HELP and enter the required code eg 0002

SkyFan
19-06-15, 15:02
Guys I've wiped the hard drive and installed Hades 012 and the problem is still here. I press buttons and nothing happens or it does something different to what the button should do.

abu baniaz
19-06-15, 15:09
You need to look at the remote itself, not the image. In any case, HDD contents did not need to be deleted.

Concentrate on the remote only.

SkyFan
19-06-15, 15:25
I'm sure the instruction book would have the details.

The remote code is in the system menu and is 2 by default. When you change it you get prompted with the method to change on the RCU. Press 2 & 7 until LED is solid, then press HELP and enter the required code eg 0002

I can't see anything in the instructions about any codes. My remote isn't working so how do I enter those numbers? I can hold 2 & 7 and I see the remote flash after a few seconds. I press Help and the help screen shows. I press 0002 and nothing happens. Also tried doing this via openwebif but got the same result. Is something supposed to happen when you enter "0002"? I have a VU+ Duo2.

Also why would my remote stop working correctly when I never reprogrammed it?

lincsat
19-06-15, 15:46
Page 71 of the manual:

If you press help on the remote and the help screen displays on your TV, then obviously the remote is working.

SkyFan
19-06-15, 15:52
Page 71 of the manual:

If you press help on the remote and the help screen displays on your TV, then obviously the remote is working.

My remote works intermittently. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It's working now but tomorrow when I resume my box from standby it won't.

What is supposed to happen after you enter the 0002 code? Does it flash a message saying the remote has been reset?

lincsat
19-06-15, 16:02
You never said it was working intermittently, you said it wasn't controlling the box at all since you updated to Apollo 113. You need to provide accurate information if you want people to help you, it's no good telling part of the story.

With the new more accurate information, the code is obviously correct on the remote and you have a different issue, maybe an intermittent connection or dry joint in the remote itself and extremely unlikely to be image related.

SkyFan
19-06-15, 16:09
When I made the original post it wasn't working at all! So my post WAS accurate. If you let people edit their original posts I could have updated it with the present information.

So basically if the remote is working at some point then it means the code is correct? So you think it's the remote itself that's faulty?
I've ordered a new universal VU+ remote so hopefully that will fix the problem. Is there anything else I can do in the mean time?

abu baniaz
19-06-15, 16:13
You can install an App on your phone/tablet and use the remote on that.
Dreamdroid is one example

Andy_Hazza
19-06-15, 17:46
I find using high quality batteries helps. I always use Duracell no matter what. You'd be surprised what difference using quality batteries makes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john doe
19-06-15, 18:02
I find using high quality batteries helps. I always use Duracell no matter what. You'd be surprised what difference using quality batteries makes.

here here:D

adm
20-06-15, 01:15

Also the higher terminal voltage of alkaline batteries work a lot better than rechargeable batteries in some remotes (and other battery operated equipment).

I only use Duracell Industrial (formally Procell) batteries these days.

I use Babz Media on Ebay for my battery supplies (no connection other than a long term customer)

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/babzmedia

http://tinyurl.com/qxtooad

If you suspect that a remote isn't working you can use a camera or phone to check it. There is an Infra Red (IR) Light Emitting Diode (LED) in the front of the remote control. This light it emits is invisible to the naked eye but it isn't invisible to the sensor in a digital camera. If you have a camera or phone with a viewfinder screen just point the remote at the camera lens, press buttons on the remote and you should see the IR LED flashing in the camera's viewfinder. You need to press the buttons that are causing you the most trouble as some button may works whilst others do not.

ArowonA
20-06-15, 01:31
If you suspect that a remote isn't working you can use a camera or phone to check it.
Also worth noting that some phones/camera's have a filter, for example with my iPhone, I only see remote IR flashes while using the front camera.

sataday
20-06-15, 09:10
@skyfan. What type of TV are you using? You haven't recently changed from led to plasma have you?

SkyFan
20-06-15, 10:51
I use Babz Media on Ebay for my battery supplies (no connection other than a long term customer)

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/babzmedia

http://tinyurl.com/qxtooad

I does indeed appear that the batteries have expired. I've never before seen that in my life. Normally when batteries expire, a remote control would no longer work but on my VU+ Duo2 remote, the remote worked sometimes and other times it didn't work at all or buttons issued commands which they normally can't issue! I've replaced the batteries and the remote is now working.

By the way, how can you use the AA batteries in that link when the VU+ remote takes AAA batteries?

adm
20-06-15, 10:58
Babz Media also sell Duracell Industrial AAA batteries in various quanties

Example for 1 pack of 10 and 2 packs of 10

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-DURACELL-INDUSTRIAL-AAA-BATTERIES-LONG-EXPIRY-ALKALINE-REPLACES-PROCELL-/170525507543?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27b41cbfd7

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-DURACELL-INDUSTRIAL-AAA-BATTERIES-LONG-EXPIRY-ALKALINE-REPLACES-PROCELL-/160524908305?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item256007b711

They also do listing with a mix of AA and AAA

Tonto McTavish
20-06-15, 15:35
SkyFan could I suggest you act a little more appreciatively on here, your tone is negative and re the batteries link, it only takes a moment to realise that babz also sell AAA too, its not a nanny site, use your noggin friend.

SkyFan
20-06-15, 16:11
I've got an VU+ Universal remote now. It takes 2 AAA instead of 3AAA like the official VU+ Duo2 remote. Has the exact same buttons so I'm not sure why the official remote needs 3 AAA instead of 2. Quite like the universal remote as the buttons are soft and don't hurt your thumb.

By the way, how can you use the AA batteries in that link when the VU+ remote takes AAA batteries?

Tonto might I suggest that you grow up. All I said was the above which was a fair question. If you get offended by a question I suggest you get off the internet now as there's posts elsewhere by people that are actually offensive.