PDA

View Full Version : Tuner B not being used?

bow
14-12-10, 19:41
Hi, I just bought my first sat-box (Vu+ Duo obviously =).

My setup is this:
2LNB -> DiSEq -> input A
Box setup:
Tuner A - Simple DiSEqC A/B
Tuner B - Loop Through

When I record one channel most of the other ones are grayed out, what to do?

dfdream
14-12-10, 20:10
Id say that when you are recording on tuner A the only signals passed on to tuner b is the same sat and transponder currently on tuner A.
The best option is to connect the second LNB to tuner B or to connect another cable to dual lnb on your favourite sat to tuner b.

bow
15-12-10, 23:28
Then what would be the point of loopthrough?
I can already watch channels on the same transponder using the recording tuner, or am I misinformed?

silverfox0786
15-12-10, 23:33
loopthrough allows even more channels to record and watch at the same time when on the same transponder

correct if im wrong me but i think its 6

bow
16-12-10, 00:27
I also get "Tune Failed" when trying OpenPLi (which has the ability to set preferred tuner) when trying to use tunerB (no recording).

sagheer_ahmed
16-12-10, 18:04
same is here
anybody to explain in detail ?

bow
17-12-10, 00:56
Not sure I got it right, but browsing the forums I arrived at this conclusion:
When B is in loopthrough, it is only able to show channels with same frequency/polarization as A, because there is no way for A to tell DiSEq or LNB to deliver more than one thing at a time. And if A is disabled, this leads to no signals being recieved at all.
Anyone with more insight feel like confirming or telling me I am wrong?

silverfox0786
17-12-10, 00:59
basically that the loopthrough allows only watching or recording of more channel if you are on the same transponder 2 recording 1 watching

bob1
17-12-10, 08:36
Never used loop through but shouldn't it let you record anything on the same polarization and band rather than just the same transponder, you should also be able to record more than 2 channels ,last time i tried i got up to 7 recordings and was still be able to view others, as long as it on the same transponder you should be able to record it ,even with one tuner.

andyblac
17-12-10, 11:03
loopthrough allows even more channels to record and watch at the same time when on the same transponder

correct if im wrong me but i think its 6

it is 8 :)

punisher
18-12-10, 22:55
sorry to jump into the topic, but I have a single satellite with a dual LNB pointing at 28.2e with 1 port in lnb 1 and the other in lnb 2 and i wanted to know what the best tuner configuration would be to utilise recordings etc. would appreciate any help. at the moment i have tuner A set as diseq a/b port A at 28.2e and Port B at 28.2e and tuner B loopthrough Tuner A.

silverfox0786
18-12-10, 23:31
set them both like this

Configuration Mode = simple
Mode = Single
Satellite = 28.2e
Send DiSEqC = no

punisher
18-12-10, 23:35
whats the max possible recordings i can set at any one time? also is there a site or anything like that, that lists the channels that run on same transponder and that?

silverfox0786
18-12-10, 23:37
king of sat wil show you all available channel and using 1 transponder you can have upto 8 but personally i dont think 1 transponder has that many channels lol