PDA

View Full Version : Two dishes (one fixed to 28.2 & one motorised)... Second receiver to control motor!

leeski
16-06-15, 22:41
Hi,

My current setup consists of my old sky dish feeding my vu+ ultimo as well as a second receiver amiko alien hd 9800. My vu+ also has a 90cm motorised dish connected for the second tuner for the occasional European browsing...

I'm now extending my shed area and would like the amiko to make use of the odd European channel... From my basic understanding I have a couple of options...

1, Run a cable from the loop through from tuner b (motorised input) of the vu+ to the amiko

2, change the lnb on the motorised dish from a single to a twin and simply bypass the motor and feed that directly into the amiko (this woul mean I had to change the satellite indoors first from the vu+)

Is there a switch etc. that coul be used? Basically if I'm in the shed wanting to watch European satellite then the missus will be indoors watching 28.2 from the fixed dish... I would like the option however to also still watch European satellites indoors and let the kids watch 28.2 in the shed... Although this is overkill and the reality is if I'm indoors - no one will be in theses!! Suggestions welcomed