PDA

View Full Version : lnb

padge1
16-06-15, 19:54
do i need an expensive lnb for multisat or will just a cheapo one do the job, and how many sats will i pick up. 80cm north england. thanx

abu baniaz
16-06-15, 20:00
Which receiver are you intending to use it with?

padge1
16-06-15, 20:12
zgemma, just set on sly ot mo, but was thinking about putting motor back on it

abu baniaz
16-06-15, 20:19
As mentioned before, there is no support for that Manufacturer. They are clones. If you wish to post on this forum, choose any genuine supported receiver. You don't have to buy from the sponsor.

Larry-G
16-06-15, 20:29
zgemma, just set on sly ot mo, but was thinking about putting motor back on it

Zgemma is a piece of crap Chinese counterfeit rubbish that runs hacked images as in the case of the so called ViX image you see for it, you won't get any help or support for that receiver here.

electrocop
16-06-15, 20:31
You don't need to spend a fortune on a good quality LNB. I use Technomate TM-1 Super High Gain 0.1dB single output LNBs on all my dishes and they work just fine - they cost around £8 each!! The Technomate TM-4 is a 4 output LNB and costs around £20

As for the number of satellites you will receive, that all depends upon your unhindered field of view and exactly how far north you are - there's no hard and fast rule.

padge1
16-06-15, 20:31
anyway, how many sats will i beable to get with 80cm motorised in north england

padge1
16-06-15, 20:33
off top of head must have a rough idea. 3,4,5. 25

electrocop
16-06-15, 20:45
As I mentioned above, it depends on your horizontal field of view, big trees or buildings blocking your line-of-sight with any satellites etc. It's impossible to say. If I had to have a guess, I would say a minimum of 10 but it's also worth mentioning that most european satellites carry scrambled programmes and being able to receive the satellite transmissions doesn't necessarily mean you will be able to watch anything....... Have a look at Lyngsat.com to see what's up there.