PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Why cant I Flash anymore?

stash36
15-06-15, 20:10
Hey Gents.
Had this solo for years, since they came out.
I'm one of those users who only updates when something breaks, and the last time that happened is when the EPG updates stopped working.
So I'm on 3.0 build 760 from 2013.

So over the last few months I've tried Helios, Zeus, Apollo images and cant get any of them to work.
Latest I tried is Apollo 164.

Here is what is happening.
When I flash with the usb in the front, it appears to update fine, usual red light on box, USB is clearly being read, and finishes with the green flashing light on completion.
When I remove the USB and restart from there, the box never comes on the TV.
The green light is still on, but I cant get it to connect through HDMI or SCART.

Tried lots of different USBs.

When I give up, I pop build 760 back on the USB, and it flashes successfully every time.

Is there an order I need to update in, is this as far as my old Solo will go, or any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Mr. Mister
15-06-15, 21:30
I dont have any Vu machines..

But.. Have you tried flashing the bootloader.. and then flashing the image.. ?

Andy_Hazza
15-06-15, 21:39
Is it a genuine receiver? Any noticeable stickers on the rear of the receiver saying V1.0 or V2.0? We need to rule out a clone receiver that's all.

stash36
16-06-15, 18:32
No stickers on the back. Pretty sure its genuine, came from Lee who runs a reputable sat receiver site and has done for many years. Not sure if I can mention the name but very well known.

Not sure if I've ever flashed the bootloader. Which version do I need and can you point me at the instructions please?

john doe
16-06-15, 18:50
in your post you say Here is what is happening.
When I flash with the usb in the front, it appears to update fine, usual red light on box, USB is clearly being read, and finishes with the green flashing light on completion.
When I remove the USB and restart from there, the box never comes on the TV. The green light is still on, but I cant get it to connect through HDMI or SCART.
please see below - you are meant to power of and then remove usb

Power Off Solo
Insert USB Pen Drive in the front USB socket.
Power on Solo

The display window will show an orange/red LED constantly lit.
This means it's reading the data from the USB Pen into the buffer.

Then...

The display window will show the orange/red LED flashing.
This means it's now flashing the data to the receiver.

Wait until the LED changes to a Green Flashing LED.

When Green LED is flashing you can now safely power off the receiver and remove the USB Pen Drive.

Now Power on and wait for the receiver to boot.

cactikid
16-06-15, 21:08
8 gb max size cruzer,kingston,integral all work,vu are fussy about usb sticks .

stash36
18-06-15, 19:50
Sorted! I found the thread on here about dropping the image into the backup directory and restore from there. My previous channel backups seem to corrupt the system now and it crashes if I try and use that so I'm rebuilding my bouquets. Almost there, and EPG is back!
Thanks All.

Walt
19-06-15, 09:44
I read the title of the thread and had to check I was on the intended forum in tapatalk! lol

olly
08-08-16, 19:17
Old thread i know,but if the op is still posting on the forum did you sort it out.

I have nothing but trouble with a family members vu solo...keeps crashing and looses epg often, with a integral 2gb usb stick as storage in the rear of the solo.I have it now again to reflash and want to go no further than Apollo build 153,as that is what is flashed to my own vu solo and seems to be solid working. Apollo is not available to download i see from openvix site anymore...
Could i take an image backup from my own vu solo and install image and all settings to his solo,minus changing cam info,as explained in a step by step in previous post?

Many Thanks Olly.

abu baniaz
08-08-16, 20:10
Yes, you can backup image and flash on same model of receiver.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

olly
08-08-16, 20:24
Yes, you can backup image and flash on same model of receiver.

Hi,do i just put the usb stick in the other box and select image manager then restore..or do i need to add a fresh bootloader as if doing a fresh setup flash?,as its been trying to run on the later images previously and failing. Cheers Olly

abu baniaz
08-08-16, 20:39
Boot loader only needs to be flashed when an updated version is provided by manufacturer. It is not part of image flash process.

You can flash the image using image manager or USB method. With Image Manager, you will see progress and avoids USB compatibility issues.

abu baniaz
08-08-16, 20:40
If you have problem after image flash, just flash the boot loader on its own

olly
29-12-16, 12:49
Bit of a revival here. My own vu solo is still working fine on Apollo build 153,with no issues, but my family's vu solo which I flashed everything off my vu solo via image manager accept cam details has gone wrong yet again,probably a month after a reflash.
I do not understand why he keeps loosing EPG info as its all setup the same as my own vu solo. Only difference is his using a 2gb Integral USB stick where as I use a 8gb Integral.

Would the internet router cause any issues? I use crossepg that gets it from a radio channel via satellite if I am correct? I'm really stuck as to why this keeps happening,but only on the family's vu and not my own i get this problem.Its really annoying as its me whom has to keep sorting it out. Any ideas what this issue can be.Its been almost like this from day one of owning the vu solo that was from the site sponsor,so I know its a gen box.
Cheers