PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] AutoTimer - quick questions

ashhinton
15-06-15, 14:43
Hello

I've recently set-up a Duo2 using OpenVix Hades 0.12, to replace an old freesat twin tuner box.
Got Vix set-up and running with 1x tuner/1x feed + a few timer & auto-timer recordings set while I was away for a week, meanwhile keeping the old freesat recorder doing the bulk of the recordings.

Now happy to move to the Duo2 completely, so have it set up as:

1x Dish pointed at 28.2E
Quad LNB
3x cables from LNB
Tuners A, B & C in use on the Duo (has 2x twin DVB-S tuner cards)
Tuner A simple, 28.2E.
Tuners B & C set to be the same as tuner A (not loop through, but have forgotten the wording used - basically they're set to "be the same settings as tuner A")
Auto Bouquet "Freesat" upon first setup, then set not to run automatically.
CrossEPG for "Sky UK", 04:00, daily.
Custom Bouquet with all the FTA HD channels listed first, then the more 4's, e4's, 5*'s, +1's etc in a nice order.

Autotimer looks like a brilliant, and I think more intelligent, system than traditional series-linking you get with sky/freesat/etc

A few questions I have about Autotimers are:

What does "Prefer Alternatives" mean? I can't quite figure it out - does it mean prefer an alternative broadcast but only if there is a clash?
Can the auto timer list be backed-up in any way? I've tried via the OpenWebif web interface but it doesn't reveal where the file is stored (on the internal HDD)

I would also like to schedule Autotimer (and timer) backups - appreciate this might be beyond the scope of a "quick question"
Having seen I can backup the settings & image, and keep a safety copy on another computer, I thought it might be sensible for auto timers or at least have a human-readable list where we could enter them again if needed - I don't fancy restoring all the settings just to recover a problem with Autotimers.

Thanks for any help & pointers,

Regards,

Ashley

abu baniaz
15-06-15, 16:02
I'd make tuner D= loopthrough to tuner C.

The timers are stored in /etc/enigma2. One is timers.xml other is autotimers.xml

ashhinton
15-06-15, 17:08
Thanks for that.

I've also figured out the "Prefer Alternatives" - meaning if there is an alliterative on a HD channel, use that. Of course it would mean CH5 would try to record CH5 HD which is locked to encrypted Sky, and presumably fail or record an encrypted show, so on those few auto timers (CH5, More4) I have un-ticked the option.

Hopefully I can find a way or making the settings stick - so a new auto timer has the defaults I want - got to be there somewhere :-)

Thanks for info regarding tuner D - at the moment its set to disabled as the plan is to use another dish/feed as we're keen on Greece and the Greek language but not sure how much FTA Greek there is yet.

A long time back I had a Pace+positioner analogue combo with a jaeger actuator and 90cm dish - watching feeds was fun, so if I am going to install a 2nd dish it might as well be with a motor (not a 90cm one though!)

Thanks again for your help,

Ashley