PDA

View Full Version : sat card in PC, best software?

Ojustaboo
14-12-10, 16:26
Hi all

Have a Compro S350 in my PC.

Anyone have ant experience with PC cards, recommend a good bit of software, preferably one that would allow me to use CCCam with it please?

Many thanks

silverfox0786
15-12-10, 03:36
Firstly mate might be a good idea to install ubuntu as a linux operating system is needed to run softcams and plugins.

Google will show you the way in respect to how to setup a ubunu softcam system

Ojustaboo
16-12-10, 09:43
Ah thanks, didn't think about needing linux.

Already dual boot win7/linux, however what I'm after is to have my TV card working on my 2nd monitor while gaming on my first. Works fine with supplied software but don't get the channels I want (have a legit sly card in my duo).

Need to run in win 7 due to the gaming (wine under linux isn't good enough for me). I could run linux as a virtual machine, would all depend on how many resources it took (whether it affects my gaming)

silverfox0786
16-12-10, 15:45
Ah thanks, didn't think about needing linux.

Already dual boot win7/linux, however what I'm after is to have my TV card working on my 2nd monitor while gaming on my first. Works fine with supplied software but don't get the channels I want (have a legit sly card in my duo).

Need to run in win 7 due to the gaming (wine under linux isn't good enough for me). I could run linux as a virtual machine, would all depend on how many resources it took (whether it affects my gaming)

i'd say just get a simple pc hookit up to a kvm and use that as a sole machine for the sat card

marty
16-12-10, 15:47
i'd say just get a simple pc hookit up to a kvm and use that as a sole machine for the sat card

I have a KVM I never use if anyone is interested :)

bassethound
16-12-10, 15:58
DVB Dream 1.4i and hadu 0.1.2.6

silverfox0786
16-12-10, 16:08
I have a KVM I never use if anyone is interested :)

can you start a sale thread on it i might be interested i need one as long as its a usb version

marty
16-12-10, 16:21
can you start a sale thread on it i might be interested i need one as long as its a usb version

PS2 M8 so I guess it isn't much use to you.

I'll dig it up and take a piccy and stick it up for sale over the weekend (in the right section ;) )