PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Aspect Ratio "scale" does not work

taz1975
14-06-15, 09:34
Hi Guys,

An odd thing is going on with The "aspect switching" in my Vix Image

First of all, let me say that this occured with a fresh flash of Vix Hades (only multiquickbutton & AiHd Skin installed...)

Settings A/V :
Automatic resolution - Disabled
Mode - 1080p
Refresh Rate - multi
Display 4:3 Content as - Just Scale
Display 16:9 content as - Just Scale

When i am at a tv channel that shows content in 4:3 or has black sidebars and i've just turned on the box, it "stretches" the picture nicely.
When i then go in A/V Settings and i switch the "Display 16:9 content as" to an other setting, the picture switches to that setting.
But after a whitch another setting, the picture never goes to Scale again, i can select it but it doesn't switch.

When i Reboot the box it stretches nicely again.(setting must be on "Just scale")

Problem is that when i play movies from my server i want is to set the ratio to Letterbox cause my movies are stretched.

I've Installed Multiquickbutton and set a longpress blue to Switch 16:9 content(because aspectratioswitch is no longer compattible with vix) but obviously this "switching" does not work either.

Can you help?

Larry-G
14-06-15, 10:05
Do you live in north america ? if not why have you set your receiver to (refresh rate = multi) ?.

in Europe we use the PAL system which is 50Hz north america use NTSC which is 60Hz so if your not in NA use 50Hz.

Sicilian
14-06-15, 10:23
Working fine here, just tested on Italian channel Rai5.

taz1975
15-06-15, 17:17
HI,

Thanks for the reply, tested on Rai5 and that's ok
It happens on itallian channel primafila 1 and 3 on 13' east
Don't watch those very often so it's not a big deal, but still odd...(think it has something to do with the format that is transmitted by the sattelite)

Remains to be said that it would be seriously awesome if you guys could make aspectratioswitch get to work in the image or even better, insert such an plugin in the image by default cause then you can rescale (local) movies etc direct from a programmable button without going through the menu.

i've always had Vti-Image on the solo2 but switched to Vix to try...
Must say : Vix is Much better with guide handeling(epg downloading etc.), menu's are better sorted, and also the overall picture quality is a bit sharper.

Keep up the good work boys...:thumbsup:

Trial
15-06-15, 17:24
Hi,
is it possible that primafila 1 and 3 broadcast even 4:3 material as 16:9 with bars? Is 16:9 shown in infobar? For HD services it is standard that black bars are part of the picture.

ciao

taz1975
15-06-15, 17:31
Hi,
is it possible that primafila 1 and 3 broadcast even 4:3 material as 16:9 with bars? Is 16:9 shown in infobar? For HD services it is standard that black bars are part of the picture.

ciao

Thanks for the reply,

Yep, know about the black sidebars
Infobar shows 4:3 on these channels.