PDA

View Full Version : Make Event Info size configurable

birdman
10-06-15, 01:50
EDIT (Abu Baniaz): Posts split from this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45802-Confluence-Skin-BRILLIANT-can-you-do&highlight=confluence

Nice skin...

Is it possible to add an option to configure the font size in the event description (the box at the top in the Graphical EPG)? The time-line, channel name and event name do have configurable sizes.

Also, is it possible to make the info bar which pops up when you press OK smaller?

abu baniaz
13-06-15, 15:25
Is it possible to add an option to configure the font size in the event description (the box at the top in the Graphical EPG)? The time-line, channel name and event name do have configurable sizes.
Event info is currently a "widget" so only done in skin, not configurable in GUI. Someone with sight issue also asked about it.

Do you want to have a look at it?

birdman
13-06-15, 22:03
Event info is currently a "widget" so only done in skin, not configurable in GUI. Someone with sight issue also asked about it.

Do you want to have a look at it?Possibly. Any idea where I'd need to be looking? In python or C++ code?

One other thing I'd like to add (as it is in the ViX-Night-HD I was using before) is markers on the Infobar to indicate time-marks(?) - most usefully whether the recording has the programme start marked, so I can get straight to it with "Next>", since without it I go straight to the end of the recording instead.

abu baniaz
14-06-15, 01:23
I have split the posts. I've asked one of the persons in the know to point out what needs doing. Sorry, I'm just a moderator, not a coder.

birdman
14-06-15, 01:37
OK. I increased the font sizes in a few places for ViX-Night-HD, but only by copying the skin and editing some of the xml files.
This also crops in in several (all?) of the various EPG screens that crop up (5 or so), so I'll probably need to sort out which one has which name.

Huevos
14-06-15, 11:17
Probably epglist.py and epgselection.py. Needs to be configurable... you can't just edit the xml.

birdman
15-06-15, 01:03
Probably epglist.py and epgselection.py. Needs to be configurable... you can't just edit the xml.Looks like I'll need more of a clue than that.
The xml I had to edit was a <widget> definition, and there are several other similar definitions in the same screen with no apparent way to distinguish between them as instances of a widget.
So, as far as I can see, editing the xml is currently the only way to change the font size.

And example is the:
screen name="GraphicalEPGPIG"
widget source="Event" ... convert type="EventName">FullDescriptionsection at line 1184 in
CommonSkin.xml under /usr/share/enigma2/ViX-Common/.

While I can see how the currently configurable font sizes are set and added to the base sizes, I can't find anywhere that the results are actually used from any source files under enigma2, enigma2-plugins or vix-core git sources.

birdman
15-06-15, 01:53
A further example of my problem in finding any relevant code to work on.

EpgList.py uses the currently configurable options to set self.eventFontNameGraph to the required size.

I've just scanned the whole of an enigma2 distribution I built (just as a test to see who it was done) a few weeks ago and no file other than that one contains the text "FontNameGraph" (as a case-insensitive search).
So I can see how it is set, but have no idea at all how the setting is ever used.