PDA

View Full Version : no internet issue

cactikid
13-06-15, 20:57
on new box hades 10 image box is nearly impossible to get a network connection,over 1/2 hour in getting it connected,had sparks in today and power was off for a while and cant get box to connect,i know the routine power off box and router,try new lan cable,restart network and cam still no connection,vu duo is above it and had to do the same and working in less than 5 minutes.dont think been a cable box would have any bearing on it:confused:

this is the only box to refuse a network connection faulty port/?

john doe
13-06-15, 21:03
is it a new box? what do mean had sparks in today and power was off?

cactikid
13-06-15, 21:05
electrician in doing some new socket installs=sparks,i was switching off the trip switches on fuse box to kill the correct circuit:D

john doe
13-06-15, 21:11
electrician in doing some new socket installs=sparks,i was switching off the trip switches on fuse box to kill the correct circuit:D

ahh, I see. maybe something fried the ethenet port (if you have ethenet connection t that is) but I don't think it would interfere with the box. are you able to connect to other devicesto your router?

cactikid
13-06-15, 21:30
pulled box out and green and yellow light at lan,doubt box got fried i believe in home protection,power supply all sat/cable/aerial/lan are protected.

twol
13-06-15, 22:45
Can you connect lan cable from vu duo and try that with the ET8000.
Also what is the ethernet connection setup?

cactikid
13-06-15, 23:47
no difference and vuo works with the previous xtrend lan connection,gone through static ip and no connection,umpteen box reboots and network restarts and still getting with the wizard no connection to lan,only thing not tried is removing box and connecting straight to router to see if i get an ip:confused:
if all else fails have to contact wos.
everything is hard wired through 8 port switch to router
all boxes are setup on dhcp.

duoduo
14-06-15, 07:29
Is it a virgin media hub by any chance?

cactikid
14-06-15, 11:06
no as i live in ireland we use a cisco modem and router,other boxes had lost connection in the past but got them back without too much fuss.

Sicilian
14-06-15, 11:15
Make sure DHCP is on and your not getting an IP conflict. Also try a re-flash.

cactikid
14-06-15, 11:27
spent over an hour messing putting in a static ip nothing worked:confused:back to dhcp again and still nothing after reboot and restarts.powered off at rear for 15 mins then on it connected:confused:if i reflash will it connect again :D:D

no ip conflict

cactikid
14-06-15, 11:34
sometimes i have to power off my duo from the rear to get it to connect back in,or stop the cam 1.38=for multi tuner boxes and make sure it auto starts.
as were told thats old apollo image non supported and to move to hades;)

judge
14-06-15, 12:16
sometimes i have to power off my duo from the rear to get it to connect back in,or stop the cam 1.38=for multi tuner boxes and make sure it auto starts.

Something seriously wrong in your setup so.

abu baniaz
14-06-15, 13:43
@judge same cfg in all boxes and the odd time it does not work.
Upload your config file. There is nothing personal in them.

abu baniaz
14-06-15, 14:35
As in other thread, upload your mg_cfg file.

cactikid
14-06-15, 16:53
as requested duo cfg

abu baniaz
14-06-15, 16:58
This is your issue. You are DDOS yourself.

L: { 03 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log

Change it to

L: { 00 }

cactikid
14-06-15, 17:55
so if this file is used on all my vu boxes i need to adjust the others also.:confused::thumbsup:

Larry-G
14-06-15, 18:58
yes otherwise your DDos'ing your self.

cactikid
14-06-15, 21:23
think i must have lost the plot box is running a cfg:rolleyes:reflash to a newer image after i save my channel list:thumbsup:

did the mg_cfg file change anytime as remember when first setting up 2 things needed changing then:confused:

cactikid
29-06-15, 21:13
same issue with no internet connection since box was bought in may 2015 from wos.
whats tried different images from hades 10-hades 14,apollo 166,open pli.

always reflashed with no settings restore.
new lan cables added and straight from router to box.
lost count how many reboots of box and router and network restarts to get a connection
tried for over 1 hr even switching dhcp off and adding the network manually= no connection
if box is powered off for 1/2 hour or more box will connect so suspect faulty lan port/re dry joint?
box had a connection last night with kodidirect and gone again with no connection again today.
think time to contact wos:smash:

cactikid
25-07-15, 00:57
update box sent back for testing fault found and new updated box coming soon:thumbsup:

thomsork
22-12-15, 22:49
update box sent back for testing fault found and new updated box coming soon:thumbsup:

Did you get this issue sorted cactikid?
Got an Xtrend 8000 for my brother in law. Having internet issues where no ip address is assigned to the box. Lights flashing at the lan port at back of box. restarted box, router, network on box but to no avail.

Scanlite
23-12-15, 05:22
Oh dear,
I'm sorry to have to report i am having exactly the same issue since yesterday evening, with my brand new Xtrend8000, which only arrived from WOS last Saturday.:violin:
It had been working perfectly well until then.:confused:

As others have reported if the box is turned off at the switch on the rear & left for 2/10 minutes on restarting the internet connection is once again working correctly!

I will monitor both my box & this thread over the next few days, but It looks like it may have to be returned to WOS after Xmas for a replacement unit, or if this bug is becoming more common, i may even relucatntly consider opting for another brand of box altogether.:(

Andy_Hazza
23-12-15, 08:38
Oh dear,
I'm sorry to have to report i am having exactly the same issue since yesterday evening, with my brand new Xtrend8000, which only arrived from WOS last Saturday.:violin:
It had been working perfectly well until then.:confused:

As others have reported if the box is turned off at the switch on the rear & left for 2/10 minutes on restarting the internet connection is once again working correctly!

I will monitor both my box & this thread over the next few days, but It looks like it may have to be returned to WOS after Xmas for a replacement unit, or if this bug is becoming more common, i may even relucatntly consider opting for another brand of box altogether.:(

Are your ports (router) open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scanlite
23-12-15, 11:50
The router is working perfectly when the error occurs the et8000 is not found in the router ethernet LAN-Side devices.
However as can be seen in the attached image, if the et8000 is unplugged from the mains or turned off at the switch on the rear of the unit & left for 5/10 minutes the internet connectivity issue is temporarily resolved & it will then show in the
router ethernet LAN-Side devices.

It is definitely not a problem with the router, but either an issue with the latest openvix image - (openvix-3.2.030.release-et8000) or is a hardware issue with the unit itself.

twol
23-12-15, 12:11
The router is working perfectly when the error occurs the et8000 is not found in the router ethernet LAN-Side devices.
However as can be seen in the attached image, if the et8000 is unplugged from the mains or turned off at the switch on the rear of the unit & left for 5/10 minutes the internet connectivity issue is temporarily resolved & it will then show in the
router ethernet LAN-Side devices.

It is definitely not a problem with the router, but either an issue with the latest openvix image - (openvix-3.2.030.release-et8000) or is a hardware issue with the unit itself.

Just out of curiosity (because it is illogical :) ) but give it a static IP and see if you still have the issue. :)

Scanlite
23-12-15, 12:56
Just out of curiosity (because it is illogical :) ) but give it a static IP and see if you still have the issue. :)
I will give it a go & report back twol

thomsork
23-12-15, 16:09
Emailed WOS yesterday and this is their reply

Quote> This is a software issue, we've had a few (very few).

Xtrend are aware of the issue and are in the process of creating a bootloader to fix the issue.
In the meantime, if you need to restart the receiver, put the unit into deep standby, then take out of deep standby by pressing standby on the remote. Unit should re-start with network all working fine. <Unquote

I have tried this fix and it works.
Must say WOS were very prompt in their reply.

Scanlite
23-12-15, 17:09
Emailed WOS yesterday and this is their reply

Quote> This is a software issue, we've had a few (very few).

Xtrend are aware of the issue and are in the process of creating a bootloader to fix the issue.
In the meantime, if you need to restart the receiver, put the unit into deep standby, then take out of deep standby by pressing standby on the remote. Unit should re-start with network all working fine. <Unquote

I have tried this fix and it works.
Must say WOS were very prompt in their reply.

That's great news & thanks for the Deep Standby tip thomsork!

I'm extremely happy to hear Xtrend are aware & working on a patch to resolve this matter, because i gotta tell you when this little box of tricks is functioning correctly it is a "Flying Machine" & a top bit of kit.

As far as WOS are concerned, although i have never yet had personal experience dealing with WOS re any problems (Thought this was going to be the 1st) I have never heard or read a single bad word said against them when it comes to the service they provide!
The after sales service/care WOS (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/)provide seems to be 2nd to none :thumbsup::thumbsup:

doggone1
30-12-15, 20:57
I had this issue from new and found early on the deep standby worked for me so didnt send the box back for exchange as was offered by WOS I can say that there support was fantastic and I wont be buying from anywhere else in the future can also say that this box is a great bit of kit and superb value for money

simcat
08-01-16, 17:27
Deep standby tip doesn't seem to work for me :nono:. For me the only solution is 5-10 minutes "full power off" via switch at the back

I saw that some people sent the box back and after repair the noticed a different MAC Address and issue was solved.
Anyone any experiance?

thomsork
19-01-16, 21:21
Fix is now in build OpenVix 033. Update the kernel fix for the network issue after deep standby on ET8k

pepso100
28-09-16, 11:06
HI guys,

I don't know if I may write to this thread, because I am the owner of E8500 but with the same issue => NO INTERNET CONNECTION.

I little bit play with STBX and it looks for a problem with the unit itself.

Even though router has a valid (static) record of ARP (MAC/IP mapping) of STBX, STBX doeasn't reply to who-has ARP request.

Do you know how to fix/resolve this issue?

Regarding this post from abu baniaz. Do you know which config file I should update/change?

abu baniaz
14-06-15, 15:58
This is your issue. You are DDOS yourself.

L: { 03 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log

Change it to

L: { 00 }

Thanks for help.
pepso

abu baniaz
28-09-16, 16:16
The mg_cfg file is located in /usr/keys/

pepso100
29-09-16, 10:26
thanks for reply.

1) I have ET8000 not 8500,just correct my previously update

2) I don't have this config file in /usr/keys. Should I created it via VI and just put there "code" ?

root@et8000:/usr/keys# ls -la
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 160 Oct 6 2015 .
drwxr-xr-x 11 root root 736 Feb 3 2016 ..

and one more question If I may. Can you pleas be so kind and explain to me what I am changig ? What casuse that I DDOS myself? thank you very much

abu baniaz
29-09-16, 18:52
If you have mgcamd, there is an option to send log files. On some configs available on the net/installer packages, this is enabled and trying to connect to a non -existent IP. This results in a self-DDOS.

It seems that this does not apply to you.

pepso100
30-09-16, 00:07
Thanks for explanation Abu.

I am not using mgcamd, but CCCacm.cfg, so should I try to find our code in CCCam.cfg?

I can't connect to the STB right not, so i can' verify if this part is in my cccam.cfg.

abu baniaz
30-09-16, 00:14
The logging option does not apply to you. It only applies to people using Mgcamd.

Someone who has experience of this receiver will respond.

Which image are you using? Please see this post on what details you ought to provide.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

pepso100
30-09-16, 02:27
you advice me open support ticket on WIX team.

I followed your instrution but I dont know if I may open ticket for WIX team when I am running on OpenPLI /enigma2?

root@et8000:/etc# cat /proc/version
Linux version 3.17.3 (build@buildserver) (gcc version 4.9.1 (GCC) ) #1 SMP Fri Jan 8 04:45:28 CET 2016

abu baniaz
30-09-16, 06:58
I did not say open ticket, I referred you to that thread so you can post details of image you are using.

If I remember correctly, there was an updated boot loader that fixed issue. I'm not certain of this, someone else may confirm.

Sicilian
02-10-16, 08:52
you advice me open support ticket on WIX team.

I followed your instrution but I dont know if I may open ticket for WIX team when I am running on OpenPLI /enigma2?

root@et8000:/etc# cat /proc/version
Linux version 3.17.3 (build@buildserver) (gcc version 4.9.1 (GCC) ) #1 SMP Fri Jan 8 04:45:28 CET 2016

Not sure about OpenPLi, but was fixed in OE-A core and OE-Alliance team images a while back.