PDA

View Full Version : Blocky Pictures

Embazzy
13-06-15, 15:03
Hi I am seeing some blockiness in my pictures occasionally watching HD running Vix hades 012 image with blue HD skin what is the best place to start troubleshooting this.
can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

thanks

Embazzy

john doe
13-06-15, 15:11
what do you mean by blockiness? a photo may help

Embazzy
13-06-15, 15:22
Its difficult to get a picture as its intermittent its like a signal issue the picture has a line of squares happens on some channels more than others wondering if its a resolution issue just changed my mode and refresh rate and content settings and it seems to be ok if someone would care to share their settings and I can compare that would be good

thanks

Embazzy

john doe
13-06-15, 15:30
it doesn't sound like a resolution issue. I have mine setup to 1080i and multi refresh rate. are you using mgcamd or ccam or oscam.

Embazzy
13-06-15, 15:34
If I can capture a shot of it I will post thanks for your settings

Andy_Hazza
13-06-15, 16:15
I would check your cabling n reconnect your f-connectors at the back of the receiver first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Embazzy
13-06-15, 17:03
all sorted it was a cable issue thanks Andy

Embazzy

Andy_Hazza
13-06-15, 18:02
Glad you sorted it @Embazzy [emoji106]🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Embazzy
14-06-15, 14:46
all sorted please delete

Hi I thought I had this fixed but still happening but worse now I am recording on another tuner whilst this is happening when my recording finishes I can check whether this has affected the other tuner or noti have 2 separate connections at present is it worth trying a loop cable instead?

Embazzy

rossi2000
14-06-15, 15:37
is your local card ok?

Sicilian
14-06-15, 15:41
Are you getting on Free to Air channels?

Embazzy
14-06-15, 16:28
I thought it was but Mrs was saying she had problems watching catch up she neglected to tell me about cos she thought it was something to do with my new receive I will investigate and get reply to this when I have checked

Embazzy
15-06-15, 19:18
free to air channels are ok but anything else hd and the blockiness starts have changed cables terminated them again but still not working :( cant connect at present to the box to grab a screen shot either ip is right but something not

Embazzy
15-06-15, 20:59
I have now done some more testing , I have tuner a (dvb-c) looped through to tuner b (dvb-c) and have disabled tuner a and picture is back to normal no breaking up I think I may have an issue with tuner a , tomorrow I will swap the tuners around and see if the picture interference follows the tuner, is this just a straight swap seeing as they are both the same model?

thanks in advance

Embazzy