PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Second infobar not always showing

jukkal
12-06-15, 21:49
When I playback a recording and press the remote OK key twice, the second infobar isn't always shown. Sometimes the second OK pressing just clears the infobar instead of showing the program description.
Then, after I finish watching the show, delete it and start watching another recording, the second infobar gets shown like it used to be with the earlier VIX versions.
I have set the second infobar timeout to 0 because I need to take my time when I want to read the program description.
I updated my Ultimo to Hades 12 on Tuesday the 9th of June, and the first time I noticed this behavior was June the 11th.
I also checked that the recordings behaving this way DID show the description when selected in the recording list.

judge
12-06-15, 22:13
If you're setting the SIB to 0 timeout, are you sure your OK click isn't being pressed too long or too sensitive & regestering a second click to close.
Set it to 10 seconds and let us know if it works then as expected.
My VU remotes get over sensitive on some buttons & less sensitive on others when batteries need replacing,

jukkal
12-06-15, 22:39
If you're setting the SIB to 0 timeout, are you sure your OK click isn't being pressed too long or too sensitive & regestering a second click to close.
Set it to 10 seconds and let us know if it works then as expected.
My VU remotes get over sensitive on some buttons & less sensitive on others when batteries need replacing,

I can't rule your suggestions out, but I don't think so. I believe I use the key just like before, and if it registered two keypresses instead of one, it should sometimes do it also for the first keypress and not only the second. And shouldn't it at least flash the description briefly?
I think each time I have observed this behavior has been during the first playback after waking the box up from standby, during the whole playback, and then with the next playback the description has been showable as it should be. I would expect symptoms of dying batteries to affect the first playback of a watching session less than the next one, not the other way around.
The next time this happens, I try to remember to check whether stopping the playback and starting the same one again, or changing the timeout, has any effect. Or not deleting the watched show, but starting to watch it again after another one that shows the description.