PDA

View Full Version : VIX v1.3 installing more than 1 cccam

cozmo
14-12-10, 12:35
i have vix 1.3 install and working well but i have a problem when i install a cccam eg 2.2 from the download it installs fine np and i can selected it in the softcam menu but when i go back to the downloads the cam i have downloaded has gone now this is not a problem as i already have it install but if i try to download another cccam say 2.1.4 then i get and error on install so i have two question can i have more than 1 cccam install so i can change between them and how do i do it and if not how do i remove the one that's in so i can download another. This was done from a fresh install and all software updates have been done

thanks

cozmo

Sicilian
14-12-10, 12:43
You can only run one version of CCcam at anythime, why do you want two version running :confused:

satmanbasil
14-12-10, 12:48
Hi mate

To remove the CCcam bin file go to /user/softcams

You should be able to download any CCcam you want then go to menu ...setup...softcam/ci and stop the running version of CCcam then scroll <<<< or >>>> to find the one you wish to start and start remember also to autostart the same version

regards
satmanbasil

pooface
14-12-10, 12:48
i have vix 1.3 install and working well but i have a problem when i install a cccam eg 2.2 from the download it installs fine np and i can selected it in the softcam menu but when i go back to the downloads the cam i have downloaded has gone now this is not a problem as i already have it install but if i try to download another cccam say 2.1.4 then i get and error on install so i have two question can i have more than 1 cccam install so i can change between them and how do i do it and if not how do i remove the one that's in so i can download another. This was done from a fresh install and all software updates have been done

thanks

cozmo

Easiest way to get around this, is to get the CCcam binary file (e.g. CCcam_2.1.3, CCcam_2.1.4, CCcam_2.2.0, CCcam_2.2.1, etc). This is usually around 1.2mb or so. Then, ftp that to /usr/softcam (might be softcams, can't remember off top of head). Now, you need to chmod it to 755. Then, it will show in the softcam menu ;)

You can only run one version of CCcam at anythime, why do you want two version running :confused:

It might be that he wants 2 versions installed. I recently wanted to install an earlier version when I was doing a test with my cccam problems... ;)

Using the above works though ;)

cozmo
14-12-10, 14:14
thanks too all of you for your help pooface was right i dont want to run more than 1 cccam at a time i just want them installed so i can swap between them if i want to. To see what give me best and most stable results anyways did what pooface said and work's great for what i needed thanks again

Cozmo