PDA

View Full Version : Record one channel and watch another

Embazzy
11-06-15, 19:14
Hi please can someone help?
I am using hades build 012

I have 2 dvb-c and 1 dvb-s

When I try to record on tuner A(dvb-c)

I get nothing on tuner b (dvb-c) and I don't know hot to change it to tuner c (dvb-s) either can someone help im sure it is a straight forward problem ( I just don't know the answer) :)

thanks

abu baniaz
11-06-15, 19:34
What is connected to each tuner?
What is each tuner configured as?

Answer separately for each tuner please. It is for you benefit.

Embazzy
11-06-15, 19:51

Tuner A connected from split cable
Tuner B connected from Split cable
Tuner C connected from Sat cable

Tuner A is configured the same as Tuner B
Tuner C Mode single satellite 28.2E Eutelsat& Astra 2E/2F

abu baniaz
11-06-15, 20:13
Try swapping the cables round and see if there is any change on Tuner A/B issue. Might be an idea to set tuners as nothing connected one at a time.

Note:
You don't select tuner to select a channel. You select a channel and receiver uses the configured tuner for it based on what is avilable/any user preferance. Channels are called "services"

To answer your question of how to make receiver use tuner C, you have to select a satellite service/channel.

Embazzy
11-06-15, 20:26
I swapped the cable no difference, I then set tuner b to nothing connected set a recording going and then tried to turn over to bbc hd it said no free tuners but also when I look at the epg the channels are all grey as if I cant watch them
not sure what to do next how do I know what is a satellite service channel by looking at the epg?

abu baniaz
11-06-15, 20:37
Option 1.
Open your chanenl list, press menu. There is an option to show service type icon.

Option 2
When you open your list of services, press green for satellites, you can then select cable, or 28.2 (or any satellite other satellite installed)

Option 3
If you are using ABM to obtain chanenl data
Add the provider name. You will then know if you have a satellite bouquet or cable bouquet.

Embazzy
11-06-15, 20:56
Hi thanks for those options am I right to think as long there is info in my cam and both green that all should work I think maybe I need to start again , if I reset my box will it go back to how I first received it or will I need to reflash it?

I have already learned a lot and I think my abm setup isn't as it should be

abu baniaz
11-06-15, 21:09
Flashing is best way to remove everything

Just to let you know, for a while i fusing CCcam, you need to be on version 2.3 to use two services.

Embazzy
11-06-15, 21:20
Thanks Abu Baniaz you are a star it was that I can now record one channel and watch another /record it also cheers