PDA

View Full Version : Xtrend 8500 box lcd help

Jasonbastow22
11-06-15, 15:29
Can some one help me I got the new xtrend 8500 yesterday and on the LCD screen I have downloaded three skins and when I put on the skin witch is just got name of the channel and program time and date with blue screen don't know what I've done but you can see the telly running behind it I no you can clone the TV on to the screen but I have turn that back off but behind the skin you can just see TV running behind it can anyone help me with settings thanks

rossi2000
11-06-15, 15:34
which ones did you download?

there are 3 included in the image so far.

Jasonbastow22
11-06-15, 15:51
Sorry I mean the 3 wot come with the box can you help me don't no wot I have done

rossi2000
11-06-15, 16:22
im not sure what you have done either. the 3 skins working fine here.

try a reflash first.

twol
11-06-15, 17:14
3 skins? Which image are you running, as OpenVix has 2 skins by Rossi (yep, default has 2 skin possiblilities plus the other) but there are 2 skin folders... 3 skins sounds like Openatv or openpli.
What image are you running?
Clone TV should be off.
Whe you go to select LCD skin ... How many folders are you seeing and what are thy called?
As Rossi says his skins work perfectly .... And I probably have all the skins available from otherimages on my box.....but I am aware that there maybe code that puts a pip on the LCD.... But thats a different image.... Hence the image question.

Jasonbastow22
11-06-15, 18:24
Got openvix Hades on my box from wos yesterday and it the 1st one as default if was fine with just blue background and name of channels and clock time

Andy_Hazza
11-06-15, 19:48
Default skin is ViX Night HD which is black not blue? Is it YouViX-Blue? Confluence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
11-06-15, 21:06
Default skin is ViX Night HD which is black not blue? Is it YouViX-Blue? Confluence?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies Andy but I think he is talking about the LCD skin not the image skin
So Jason when you goto FrontDisplaysetting clone Tv should be off .....correct?
So go to Skin setup and try Default_with_Picon_Fullscreen and Default with Picon

What happens after reboot?

Both should work with either channel picon or channel picon and channel info. Showng on the LCD.

Sorry Rossi, Vix does show 3 LCD skins, its just different from some other image setups :)

twol
11-06-15, 21:35
JAson, do you see the TV picture across the whole LCD or one quarter?

Jasonbastow22
11-06-15, 22:38
No it look like you can see it behind the channel time and wot on that channel you can see little line each side of the screen so it look like it on behind the skin

Sicilian
12-06-15, 07:13
Do a factory reset, should go back to default.

twol
12-06-15, 07:15
By the way what version of Hades/openvix are you running?
Also as Rossi said try reflashing with latest Hades.
I will try to flash latest image today just to see if I get any issues (I run a modified Vix image)

Jasonbastow22
12-06-15, 09:26
43228 this is wot it look like down one side you can see wot on the channel Thanks anyone for all your help will try that much appreciated

twol
12-06-15, 12:29
OK just flashed Hades ver 12 and the LCD skins work perfectly on my boxes, so I would suggest a re flash probably using the couch image update (Blue button, Vix, Image Manager, Yellow button (Downloads), download Hades 12 to box, and then select Hades12 image from previous screen and restore using Blue Button). Do not restore any settings!
When the Hades 12 reboots, be ready to hit enter when you get the select hmdi screen, you need to be quick, also with the next screen (select 1080p, 720 or whatever)
I wish you luck :)