PDA

View Full Version : Mut@nt HD2400 freezing

xhemp
11-06-15, 12:21
Hello,

Yesterday I updated my bootloader and also upgraded to Hades 012. Since then, my Mut@nt has been freezing out of the blue.
I have to restart it switching off and on the rear power button.
Does anyone is having any similar issues? I attached the logs if someone want to have a look.

Bazzer
11-06-15, 12:31
Just interested why you placed a new bootloader on ?

xhemp
11-06-15, 12:36
Just interested why you placed a new bootloader on ?

Hey Bazzer,

Updated with a USB drive, switched the receiver off and on and pushed the DOWN button.

Bazzer
11-06-15, 12:41
I was only asking because I have never had to update my bootloader there should be no need to . Also depending what image you was on before you could have done a online update no need to use a USB I am running Hades 12 with no problems after updating from the box online.

xhemp
11-06-15, 12:43
True that, Bazzer. I do update online as well and updated the bootloader to try loading images from the USB ( didn't even try that seeing that the box is freezing).
Just downgraded to Hades 008 and it froze as well, leds me to believe it's the bootloader.
Does anyone know if I can downgrade the bootloader?

Bazzer
11-06-15, 12:50
To be honest I would not have thought it is your bootloader and has I have said I am and have been running the same one since I have had my Mutant with no issues at all. Someone will have a look at the crash logs and help I am sure (out of my scope to be honest):confused:

nsw9154
11-06-15, 13:00
What image did you upgrade from did you have Apollo on the Mut@nt before you upgraded to Hades as that requires a Clean Fresh install, but if you have updated from say Hades 010 or lower you could try doing a clean fresh install and then try loading in your old back up as their should be no need to install the boot loader on a receiver as new as the Mut@nt

xhemp
11-06-15, 13:03
What image did you upgrade from did you have Apollo on the Mut@nt before you upgraded to Hades as that requires a Clean Fresh install, but if you have updated from say Hades 010 or lower you could try doing a clean fresh install and then try loading in your old back up as their should be no need to install the boot loader on a receiver as new as the Mut@nt

I had Hades not Apollo and it was working fine before, really strange (coincidence?) that started happening when I updated the bootloader.

judge
11-06-15, 13:08
2 of those crash logs are related to EPG. Delete your EPG, option in EPG menus & download it again using Hades 12.

xhemp
11-06-15, 13:10
2 of those crash logs are related to EPG. Delete your EPG, option in EPG menus & download it again using Hades 12.

Tks, judge, will try that, see how it goes and report back.

Sicilian
11-06-15, 13:25
Delete your PEG.dat

To delete epg.dat

1) init 4
2) FTP to where your EPG is saved too, /media/hdd or /media/usb
3) Delete epg.dat
4) Init 6

rossi2000
11-06-15, 13:49
there was a new mutant bootloader released a few weeks ago
its on the openvix site.

Sicilian
11-06-15, 14:11
Don't think the issue is with the bootloader, it could be an image issue.

xhemp
11-06-15, 14:14
I tried with Hades 008 and it still froze.
I am now trying to delete the epg.dat (after an init 4) , restarting and recreating a new epg.dat. Just thought was something with the bootloader due to the fact that the problem started right after I upgraded. I know it does not make sense so I am just thinking what else could be happening there.

Sicilian
11-06-15, 14:17
I tried with Hades 008 and it still froze.
I am now trying to delete the epg.dat (after an init 4) , restarting and recreating a new epg.dat. Just thought was something with the bootloader due to the fact that the problem started right after I upgraded. I know it does not make sense so I am just thinking what else could be happening there.

Imo nothing to do with bootloader.

Was the last time you used before upgrade 008? Or did u use 010 or 011?

xhemp
11-06-15, 14:21
Imo nothing to do with bootloader.

Was the last time you used before upgrade 008? Or did u use 010 or 011?

Thanks, Sicilian.
Didn't use 010, went from 008 to 011 and now 012.
Just finished generating a new epg.dat on 012, let's see how it behaves.

Sicilian
11-06-15, 14:23
Thanks, Sicilian.
Didn't use 010, went from 008 to 011 and now 012.
Just finished generating a new epg.dat on 012, let's see how it behaves.

Thanks, we'll use your info to try track commits in the GIT to hopefully trace the issue.

xhemp
11-06-15, 14:24
Thanks, we'll use your info to try track commits in the GIT to hopefully trace the issue.

No worries, I will keep you posted.
If there's any other info you need from the box, just let me know and I will upload it.

xhemp
11-06-15, 14:39
No luck, still froze and there are no crash logs.
Any other ideas?

xhemp
11-06-15, 14:42
Interesting, I can see before crashing, it lights out the recording light (power button turns red), image gets frozen, there's still audio for some seconds then the whole box freezes.

PS: Now it froze again without the recording light, weird.

judge
11-06-15, 14:49
Have you ports forwarded from your router to the box?

Sicilian
11-06-15, 14:50
Do you have timeshift enabled?

Is your HDD mounted correctly? Blue button > VIX > Mount Manager, check its mounted to /media/hdd

Also enable logs, menu > setup > system > logs, enable and reboot.

xhemp
11-06-15, 14:50
Have you ports forwarded from your router to the box?

Yes, I have one port, I have just removed that rule now.

xhemp
11-06-15, 14:52
Do you have timeshift enabled?

Is your HDD mounted correctly? Blue button > VIX > Mount Manager, check its mounted to /media/hdd

Also enable logs, menu > setup > system > logs, enable and reboot.

Yes, my HDD has been mounted correctly to /media/hdd.
Just enabled debug logs and restarted.
I have also deleted the epg.dat (seeing Judge saw 2 of the 3 crashes I sent were from epg).

judge
11-06-15, 14:55
And as Sicilian mentioned, what about timeshift?
If enabled, maybe worth increasing the time before it kicks in.

xhemp
11-06-15, 14:56
And as Sicilian mentioned, what about timeshift?
If enabled, maybe worth increasing the time before it kicks in.

Ops, forgot to answer Sicilian.
Timeshift is disabled to switch on apart from when I pause it.

Sicilian
11-06-15, 15:00
Ops, forgot to answer Sicilian.
Timeshift is disabled to switch on apart from when I pause it.

If red rec light is coming on its possible you're being hacked as timeshift sounds to be disable, might be what Judge suggested.

xhemp
11-06-15, 15:04
If red rec light is coming on its possible you're being hacked as timeshift sounds to be disable, might be what Judge suggested.

That's the thing, it came on a couple of times and not the last time it froze.
The port opened was for streaming (8001) which was being forwarded from the external port 57575.

PS: As I was writing this, it just froze again (port forward disabled and timeshift light came on just before freezing), logs coming shortly.

xhemp
11-06-15, 15:14
Hmm, when the box freezes the logs are overwritten after a reboot?
I am tailing the logs now, let's see if it happens again.

xhemp
11-06-15, 15:45
Hmm, when the box freezes the logs are overwritten after a reboot?
I am tailing the logs now, let's see if it happens again.

Hmm, it turns out that I had timeshift enabled after 5 minutes (I believe I restored from old settings), disabling that I didn't see the box freezing.
Just re-enabled it and froze after some minutes.
Disabled and it is looking good.
I am just puzzled by why it freezes with the timeshift enabled.

Logs don't look too helpful:

< 2194.103262> [eDVBServicePlay] Subtitle in recording/timeshift
< 2196.381563> [eDVBServicePlay] Subtitle in recording/timeshift
< 2196.541489> [eDVBServicePlay] Subtitle in recording/timeshift
< 2199.262337> [eDVBServicePlay] Subtitle in recording/timeshift
< 2204.142889> [eDVBServicePlay] Subtitle in recording/timeshift
< 2207.503175> [eDVBServicePlay] Subtitle in recording/timeshift
< 2208.622708> [eDVBServicePlay] Subtitle in recording/timeshift
< 2211.063563> [eDVBServicePlay] Subtitle in recording/timeshift
< 2211.183284> [eDVBServicePlay] Subtitle in recording/timeshift
< 2212.182457> [eDVBServicePlay] Subtitle in recording/timeshift
job Components.Task.Job name=SoftcamCheck #tasks=1 completed with [] in None
< 2220.183532> [eDVBServicePlay] Subtitle in recording/timeshift
< 2222.183221> [eDVBServicePlay] Subtitle in recording/timeshift

Edit: I am testing the timeshift without subtitles to see if it freezes, will report back shortly.

judge
11-06-15, 15:55
Hmm, it turns out that I had timeshift enabled after 5 minutes (I believe I restored from old settings)

I'd just start with a fresh flash at this stage & make sure to restore no old settings.

xhemp
11-06-15, 16:04
I'd just start with a fresh flash at this stage & make sure to restore no old settings.

Cheers, Judge, I will do that, I just want to test with some settings to see where it freezes and where it doesn't.

Edit: It froze with timeshift enabled with subtitles enabled or disabled, now I am trying with timeshift disabled.

xhemp
11-06-15, 16:17
It's not that too, it just froze again.
I am trying with a fresh flash.

Sicilian
11-06-15, 16:24
When you say 'freezing', what exactly is happening? ViX Spinner? Are you on free to air channel?

I've also uploaded older bootloder here http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=***Bootloaders***/Mutant-Bootloaders/HD2400/ dated 20140812, press down arrow to force bootloader flash.

xhemp
11-06-15, 16:40
When you say 'freezing', what exactly is happening? ViX Spinner? Are you on free to air channel?

I've also uploaded older bootloder here http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=***Bootloaders***/Mutant-Bootloaders/HD2400/ dated 20140812, press down arrow to force bootloader flash.

Thanks, Sicilian.
It just stops, no image/sound, doesn't respond to remote commands and it's not pingable.
I am not just on FTA, no but I was not before too.
I just flashed the old bootloader, will keep you posted.

Sicilian
11-06-15, 16:41
Just to a complete fresh flash and setup. Do not install any softcams or plugins, setup as FTA only and test.

xhemp
11-06-15, 17:36
Just to a complete fresh flash and setup. Do not install any softcams or plugins, setup as FTA only and test.

Thanks, Sicilian.
Just did a last test, flashed the old bootloader, running Hades 012 with my actual config, 45 minutes and no freeze/crash.
Will report later on.

xhemp
11-06-15, 19:48
3 hours and it's all good.
Bootloader then? Does it make any sense?

john doe
11-06-15, 19:54
are you now running softcam? or still FTA

xhemp
11-06-15, 19:55
are you now running softcam? or still FTA

I am using the same configuration I had before so softcam and plugins, still running solid.

xhemp
12-06-15, 09:18
No freeze so I believe we are good. I do appreciate the help from all of you on the thread, thanks!
Do you want me to test anything else?

judge
12-06-15, 09:27
Have you timeshift & your cam running now?

xhemp
12-06-15, 09:36
Have you timeshift & your cam running now?

It was freezing with no timeshift enabled but I enabled it right now and it's been running for 10 minutes (yesterday it didn't even take 2 or 3 to stop).
Cam is running too.

joysleep1
20-06-15, 20:56
I had the same problem with my Mut@nt when I bought it. Was so frustrating that it kept freezing. I sent it back and it was confirmed faulty.

xhemp
20-06-15, 20:58
I had the same problem with my Mut@nt when I bought it. Was so frustrating that it kept freezing. I sent it back and it was confirmed faulty.
Hi joysleep1,

It was indeed a problem with the bootloader (or a massive coincidence) as when I flashed an old bootloader, the problem went away.
I will try with the new bootloader once again later on, let's see.
Thanks for sharing.

Cheers.